Santa Craig's workshop remains open... Pictures!!!

sleuth14

Good luck Craig.....I just closed Santa's workshop here...we are the same time zone you and I but I am MUCH closer to the north pole so I had to have my work done a little quicker ;)

Do not kill yourself doing it...get just the bare basics done then she can help you along.....or maybe nag you along....you know like the long car drive tone......Daddy...is it DONE yet???? LOL...yes ahemm....help you to complete it as a team. She will love you and the house regardless!!

Jack'sgurl

Oh my--your commentary had me laughing out loud!! ;) See, this is why Greanleaf rules. There ARE tabs and slobs and all kinds of things and the house holds itself together while it dries (most of the time). Next house = Greenleaf!! But you are getting wonderful experience with RGT and being a wonderful papa to try and get this thing put together in time. Please continue to update with progress. I'm enjoying the ride!

Signs of progress! BTW, old nursing textbooks weigh a ton and make excelent dh weights.

I agree!!! My roomate is in nursing school right now and her books work perfect!!

She came in one day and saw a stack of her books and was like "uh, I need one of those"

ooops ;)

It is looking good so far! You will get there, it is a seriously pretty house and she will love it!!

There ARE tabs and slobs and all kinds of things and the house holds itself together while it dries (most of the time).

It was easier to use masking tape or clamps, as the slob holding my house together often wanted to go do something else...

Just a thought, Craig: instead of nails, could you drill a pilot hole and use a thin screw? Seems as if it wouldn't pull out as easily as a nail or split the MDF.

Also, heed Havanaholly when she says that the house will hold together beautifully when the glue dries. The nails or screws may be more for your own reassurance than necessities for the house.

Good luck! ;)

Did you finish in time? Or at what stage was it put under the tree? Did she like it? Come on we all held our breath and applauded for each step of the progress, you must share the outcome with us. :w00t: