Hi, from Chicago, IL! (USA)

I (re)started making miniatures a little over 2 years ago.  I had created a haunted dollhouse about 15 years ago.  I'm an empty nester and semi-retired.  I saw a video on Facebook of food being made in a tiny kitchen and shared it.  One of my friends commented on it and how she used to make miniatures, which peaked my interest and I started looking up dollhouses and miniatures and I was like, Wow!  Maybe I can do this.  Since then I've created a few roomboxes (1 as a gift) and rehabbed 2 dollhouses (1 as a gift).  I'm now starting to work on my 4th roombox with plans to rehab my haunted dollhouse.  This is only a hobby, no selling on my part, and I primarily create "moments in miniature."  For example, I created my Grandma's 60's kitchen and a 70's unfinished basement.  I love doing this and look forward to being in this forum.  Happy miniaturing!

GrandmasKitchen.smaller.jpg

20200723_000729.smaller.jpg

• Like 3

That basement brought back memories. Who had money to finish a basement in those days? Yet it was the most comfortably cool place to be during the hot Midwestern summers. And the kitchen could have belonged to my Aunt Mayme in her two-flat on Chicago's northwest side. Beautiful work, Peggy. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, fov said:

I love these scenes! Very realistic. The basement reminds me of ones in The Wonder Years and That 70s Show.

Thank you.  It was based on the basements I used to hang out in with my friends in the 70s.  The 70s Show got it right.  I'm going to look up the Wonder Years.  

13 hours ago, KathieB said:

That basement brought back memories. Who had money to finish a basement in those days? Yet it was the most comfortably cool place to be during the hot Midwestern summers. And the kitchen could have belonged to my Aunt Mayme in her two-flat on Chicago's northwest side. Beautiful work, Peggy. 

Yes.  That's how it was.  I grew up in a lower, middle-class neighborhood.  Thank you for the compliment!

12 hours ago, amyole said:

Welcome to the forum, Peggy. Your work is amazing - you have created spaces in miniature that most people can relate to.:cheer:

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Kells said:

Those rooms are great! That basement would be awesome no matter what, but the avocado green washer and dryer really peg it to the 70s. So perfect.

Thank you!  It took a loooooong time to mix that color.