Greenleaf orchid

Graham

8 minutes ago, Graham said:

This is my first doll house/miniature and I’m pretty pleased how it’s turned out so far. I still have some fine tuning on the outside and need to start the wood floors.

B2141E94-BA79-4C78-95C0-A4A12801A9DF.jpeg

F61A6FCD-4A89-49B1-820A-22DFFAC7011B.jpeg

You did a beautiful job!  It has loads of character. :clap:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Outstanding job so far, Graham.  I can't wait to see what you do to the furniture!

The furniture is turning into a problem. I have a 1:12 chair and couch but they overwhelm the room. Anyone have a good place to purchase furniture? 

7 hours ago, Graham said:

The furniture is turning into a problem. I have a 1:12 chair and couch but they overwhelm the room. Anyone have a good place to purchase furniture? 

I'm no help; I got so frustrated that I make mine.

• Like 1

Graham,

The House of Miniature kits are a nice 'petite' 1/12 scale. Have you tried them? You can buy them on ebay  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=house+of+miniatures+furniture+kits&_sacat=0

You can customize them easily.

I

8 hours ago, Graham said:

I run into this problem all the time. I imagine a certain layout and then the piece overwhelms the room.

• Like 1

What about distressing some furniture pieces for it? You could look for “lots” on eBay and then repaint, strip or distress upholstery, etc. I don’t know exactly what your plan is, but you could use lots of mismatched pieces too.

I really like what you are doing with this build. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:30 AM, Dalesq said:

The other thing would be to only put a very few pieces of furniture in it. An old sink and refrigerator in the kitchen, a chair and small table in the living room, etc.

I think that’s what I’m going to end up doing. Sort of give it that (somebody started moving) out look but didn’t quite finish the job.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graham said:

I think that’s what I’m going to end up doing. Sort of give it that (somebody started moving) out look but didn’t quite finish the job.

I love the whole look so far! Keep going :D 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Graham said:

Or like passers-through just camping out in an abandoned house.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...