New Christmas question

ekcbbug

Hi,

I'm just curious about something. This years Halloween contest month was such a surprise and so much fun, I was wondering if anything was in the works for Christmas too? I seem to remember GL doing something special for Christmas last year also but can't remember what it was. Anything being planned for this year?

Kay

Ahhh, well I kind of envisioned Christmas being eye candy month LOL where we all will gather up and share the egg nod (sp?) and show each other the houses we now have built out of the kits from Halloween madness :drool: sort of like an advent calender :drool: just that instead of opening that a new house to gawk over.... Ah one can dream, right?!!?

Hugs

Although I think another contest would be great fun, I find Anna's idea far more relaxing. Not sure about everyone else, but the Christmas season is pretty busy. Since I have one, maybe two, of my kids leaving home next summer, this will be our last Christmas guaranteed all together. I want to make it a pretty special one for that reason.

I know there are Many things in the works but I am not sure WHICH month we will do the celebration for it :drool:

I would love to see what everyone do to the wonderful things they received this past Halloween and for the other past items they won from other contest. Does anyone have pictures of there items that they have not posted yet of there projects?

I know I am NOT the only one who would love to see them.

I have started on the Mini Village....but I want have it done by Christmas....but I'm working on it.....it is helping me deal with my stress right now.....

That's what this hobby does for me too. Your Sweetheart is beautiful!!

I've received my floor tiles (they're awesome!) and plan to use them in the house shell I have - just as soon as I get the front-opening shop done for my mom for Christmas. That shouldn't take too long - I am only building the shell - she wants to decorate it.

The San Franciscan for my niece is done - so once I get the shop done - it's all about ME! ;) I am so anxious to get started on my house!!! But I've made myself wait - cause I know myself well enough to know that if I start on mine - everything else will take a back seat!

I haven't opened the haunted house yet but I believe when I do it will become a Christmas house. I just went and saw the new Santa Claus 3 movie and got lot's of ideas. ;)

I also would like to take out my village I put together years ago and maybe do a scene from the buildings. If I do I'll take pics and post them.

Kat

I keep stopping though so I can really think about what I want to do before doing it.
Me, too, although since I began building the Greenleaf kits they seem to shout ideas at me.

if I start on mine - everything else will take a back seat!

I don't understand, you say that like it's a bad thing!

I don't understand, you say that like it's a bad thing!

Nah, sometimes my having a selfish streak isn't a bad thing - especially when it comes to my mini's :D but I really do want to get my mom's shop done in time to give it to her for Christmas - so I'm practicing self-control in the meantime! lol - not as easy as it sounds ;)

I unpacked the shop kit this past weekend & read the directions a few times - doesn't look like it's going to be all that difficult a build - or that time consuming. So maybe I'll be able to play with my own house by Thanksgiving weekend!

Because of my accident and heart problems, I haven't had a chance to get to my haunted house yet. With the holidays coming up, thinking I won't get to it until January. Still trying to finish my Orchid!

The nice thing about minis is that you can work on them at your own speed. I sometimes think because I mellow out so thoroughly (entering that state Deb refers to as "The Zone") if I have a headache it goes away and if I'm ailing I feel better.

We'll be away on vacation the beginning of December - so the rest of December will be pretty hectic with decorating and shopping, I'm sure. After the first of the year I plan on hunkering down and (between swaps, of course) create some haunted furniture out of the furniture kits I won on Friday the 13th! :)

I haven't started my Sugarplum either. I'm starting to think it will have to wait until after Christmas. I've got a couple of other projects I'm hoping to work on first. I bought a house already put together that I found in an antique/flea market and I'm planning to do the paper clay stones on the chimney. I moved my Dad here from NJ a few months ago and he's living nearby in assisted living, but three days a week I take him to cardiac rehab and I've also been taking him to various doctor appointments and other errands. I'm constantly running over there to look for something he's lost, toss out his junk mail, etc., etc. My time for fun is very limited. I find in the evening I'm too tired from running around during the day to start anything. I was trying to keep Tuesday as a free day for me, but that hasn't been working out lately. However, my Dad celebrated his 88th birthday on Monday and for that I'm very grateful.

I have barely begun my Haunted House - it will be haunted, but not in the Hallowe'en sense. I have been planning and dreaming a lot about it. The healer witch who will live in it does have spirit friends who help her - but her home will be kept in good order. She is governed by Nature and will decorate with symbols of the Sun, the Moon, Stars, etc. The house likes this idea, so we are in agreement! I am a slow worker, so please don't look for results anytime soon. Also, I'm techno-challenged - posting pics will require a helper. I'm working on it, though! ;)

My Haunted House is still laying flat in its box . LOL

One day though.......

So is my Coventry Cottage....I hear the poor thing screaming to be let out...but with starting a new job, I don't have the time I once used to and with the Holidays fast approaching, I think I will have less time than ever... ;) Sigh!!! But, on the up side, now that I am gainfully employed, I will be able to afford to build the CC and put in the little "extras"....so be patient little house...I haven't forgotten about you!!!

Okay so after I read up on todays posts I am off to start the Orchid that I won in October. I have also been "dreaming" of what it will look like and have been checking out galleries to get ideas. The poor thing has been begging me to get started already! ;)

I think it would be cool to do a Christmas display even if it wasn't a contest or anything like that. Maybe something that made the page display a different Christmas house or sceen every day? Not even sure if that could be done or not but that would be fun to see too.

I love the holiday season even though I'm experiencing a partial empty nest syndrome, I still love to see all the neat houses decorated. So even if it wasn't a contest, something that did display different Christmas houses would be fun, and a relaxing breatk too. :-)

Kay