Displaying Your Creation

srnewbie

I am really making progress on my first house - The Orchid - on trim details now. You have all been a fantastic help - the forum is so active, that I can't keep up. Too busy priming and painting and gluing! But how/where do you all display your beautiful houses? Do you use end tables? Shelf units? Are there any photos to show various ideas?

For my Orchid, I display it on an old desk in my living room.

After all the work I put into it, it is as important as any other piece of furniture.

I actually try to finish the homes on the outside so that they will "fit" into my home with the

colour scheme.

I display my Beacon Hill on an old dresser that I refurbished in my living room. The rest of my houses are in a spare bedroom upstairs sitting on various desks and tables. I hope one day to have a whole wall unit built especially for the houses. Ah, to dream the impossible dream!! :yikes:

I have a nice wooden microwave stand I use in the livingroom to display whichever house I want at the time.

the bottom shelves have roomboxes

I have all of my mico houses on my entertainment center and the rest of my houses are on a shelf

in the workroom. and my Granville lives on my cedar chest under the shelf...it makes a wonderful display.

I say every room needs a house to give it charactor.!

my grandmother who was the recipiant of my Orchid has hers in the middle of her dinning room table.

nutti :yikes:

I permanently attatched my daughter's Laurel and Primrose on a long rectangular coffee table that fit it just perfectly and it is against one wall in my living room so I can watch her play with it. My Arthur is in a large nook of my bookshelf which is also in the living room. I have a couple in storage that I never really did much with and the rest I gave away. I am working on two more, and I'm not sure where they will go, yet. I figure I'll cross that bridge when I get there. :yikes:

:yikes:

This is my constant challenge. I want to display them all "special" But I am almost out of room and space! I have sold some in the past, but don't wish to part with any of mine now! my son made me the stand that the TOWNHOUSE sits on and I (bashed) an end table to make it work for my ENGELBREIT cottage. My JODIE house I designed to look like a book case and yet I need to elevate it a bit to get it up off the floor so little black noses are less apt to have to check it out!.

My tavel trailer will eventually go in my laundry room which I have themed after the shore and beach and "vacation".... :xmas: if I can keep the cat away!

I Added legs to one of my larger ones!

I would LOVE to hear more original and new ideas! Don't quite know where the pet shoppe will be open for business. :rudolph:

I've had my Pierce sitting in my dining room. I had an antique sewing machine stand that we just put a piece of plywood on and threw a table cloth on top. That's where the house sits. That one end of the dining room is the doll area. I keep some of the dolls I collect in there too. I have a Madeline dollhouse for my Ginny dolls and a whole area set up for Chatty Cathy with furniture for her too. I have box windows with wide sills which really come in handy. That's where the Madeline dollhouse sits. The only bad thing is that I have to keep the blinds shut so the sun doesn't ruin everything.

My Garfield is sitting on an end table with a turntable in a corner of my livingroom. I love sitting by the fire and just staring at it. :yikes: I love it. I am almost done with my Arthur that I am giving to my daughter and then will start the Orchid which I am giving to my sister for Christmas.

I have my Newport Cape, which I'm currently working on, sitting on a furniture dolly I bought at Big Lots in the Living room. I like it better than a turntable because the house is wider than it it high and I can store it closer to to the wall and it takes up less space. But when I need to work or play with it I can wheel it out. I plan on covering it in grass cloth covering and landscaping.

My log cabin is in the basement, the Buttercup is sitting on a small bookcase at the top of the stairs, the Lafayette is in my bedroom, and my Sugarplum is sitting above the Newport in the living room. Oh, and I have the RGT lighthouse next to television. That one is almost as tall as I am. I've given away a few.

I plan to give my Lafayette to my neice, but she has a very tiny bedroom and my sister is a neat freak. So I'm going to buy a shelf big enough for it to sit on and hang it up in her room for her. She's only 11 and taller than me, so she's better at moving it around than I am. Her taking it off a shelf will be no problem.

I have the Orchid on top of my desk (there is a shelf above my computer but part of the desk). I have the cantebury on top of one of the kitchen cabinets (it goes with the decor). The others are still under construction...3 on the kitchen table, 2 in the family room :rudolph: i have no idea where i will display them after they are completed. I'll deal with that when the time comes :yikes:

DH had built a very wide shelf that ran right around the full basement for his trains and has since given that hobby up and given me the shelf for my Orchid, Harrison and Jefferson. The Beacon Hill sits on a TV stand with turntable (it fits perfectly) in my diningroom. The Van Buren will end up in the basement along side the others.

My Skilcraft Colonial aka Hud house is on my dresser in my room (big long dresser), My Team Orchid is on Natalie`s Dresser, My Marquam Hill Mansion is on a old steamer type trunk in the livingroom...until I find the RIGHT table for her.

I have no idea where to put the white orchid..might be going in diningroom or Chels` room.

Over the past 2 years I've built a bookcase in the dining room & an entertainment center for the living room. When I did these, I made the top shelves a bit wider to hold my houses. The bookcase holds 4 houses & the ent. center holds 2. We also picked up a butcher's block table at a yard sale (for $5!) that holds my larger tavern. The rest of our houses are stored in a spare bedroom, until I can figure out a way to sell them!!

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900