Grandpa's new project

BigC

Check..above comment should read Mother in Law hahahaha

For...Superbowl Divisional Play-Offs...everything stops hahahaha even here in our house.....Congrats to the Eagles....Now enter Tom Brady and the Pats...Yes folks its an all nighter :) Good job its not a skool night 

4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Check..above comment should read Mother in Law hahahaha

For...Superbowl Divisional Play-Offs...everything stops hahahaha even here in our house.....Congrats to the Eagles....Now enter Tom Brady and the Pats...Yes folks its an all nighter :) Good job its not a skool night 

Too bad it’s on Atlantic coast time an not Pacific time. 

• Like 1

2.30am almost half-time in Pats game New England up 14 - 7...and the Guinness tastes good lol..What time you got Sable? Insomnia reigns supreme on this coast lol....Might have to postpone bricklaying until late Sunday evening...Oh that's right there are two more games on Sunday....hahahaha...This house is gonna require a project manager :)

Hahahaha!...with a little stroke of luck or twist of fate (whatever you wish to call it) I have just won £700 on the Irish Lottery by picking 3 balls.. :cheers:.That will come in handy in DH circles...Although "The War Department" has other ideas.....Ebay is calling... :) 

First things First...Lets get back to bricklaying (in-between decorating a real world bedroom)..catch ya'll later...Regards C

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for you kind comments...

Thinking Ahead

I have been looking around for authentic period style rainwater downpipe and fittings and come across this kit (pre Victorian) of which hopefully (pending Email enquiry) I will be ordering 2 sets.

Regards C

downpipe.jpg

7 hours ago, Samusa said:

It never ceases to amaze me what you can find in miniature if you persist with your search.

Yeah it looks pretty cool doesn't it..I'm awaiting an email reply to see if they are still trading before parting with any money.

6 hours ago, Beulah said:

My God that is looking amazing 

Thanks Joanne...Trying my best with the very limited knowledge that I posses on these things..Honestly this is all pretty new to me and I'm learning as I go. I am totally in awe of everyone else's efforts throughout this forum..It's a real eye-opener what folks are doing.

Regards C

• Like 1

Good News...The Drainpipes are in stock and ready for dispatch should I so wish...I have purchased enough parts to do one side of the building. I will order another set "if" (when this lot arrives) fits the house. Sometimes although it states 1/12 scale things just dont look right, especially from supplier to supplier, so all remains to be seen. I have purchased paint with a RAL colour number similar to Lead, awaiting the imminent arrival of the above said unpainted kit.

Tonight I cut another 200+ cork briquettes which should be enough to finish the front of the building, sadly it was getting late so I retired for the evening, so this will now be attended to tomorrow evening, all being well.

As with all projects I take on I seem to go overboard and get more heavily involved than was originally intended :) The plan for the outside of this house was a "street scene" pavements and cobblestones (and providing I can do this build justice)...I will also want a few quirky period figures to scale.....I have seen what I like but I fear they will be expensive, I don't mind so long as they are lifelike and fit in with this semi diorama scene...See photo......I'm sure some of the membership are aware of this side of the hobby and would be able to provide me with some links to realistic scale period miniature dolls in period costume.

Looking forward to finishing the brickwork before the weekend

Regards C.

doll1.jpg

21 hours ago, BigC said:

Thanks Guys for you kind comments...

Thinking Ahead

I have been looking around for authentic period style rainwater downpipe and fittings and come across this kit (pre Victorian) of which hopefully (pending Email enquiry) I will be ordering 2 sets.

Regards C

i really like that! Please share more info if and when you get more info or you get the kit itself!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna said:

i really like that! Please share more info if and when you get more info or you get the kit itself!

I will do when they arrive Anna...I cant wait to see what they look like, Hopefully I wont be disappointed

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Our own member JoMed makes adorable little folks and is just over the way in the UK:  https://www.etsy.com/uk/people/JoMed

Looks good,,,Thanks Holly, interesting, although I think I'll give "Lotte a prostitute from the 1800s" a miss, :)  

• Like 1

Almost but not Quite!

I have just completed the main cladding of the final section...I still need to tidy up the edges and the corners beside the pillars. Other than that I'm fairly satisfied with it thus far..Not 100% but it's growing on me....maybe I'm expecting too much from this and I have to remember I'm just a novice in these circles. :) I will complete the edges this week and hopefully hit the brickwork with a lick of paint at the weekend....I'm looking forward to that...Hope the purists won't find too much wrong with my efforts.

I will be wanting to give the composition a name...something to include my mother's first name...i.e. Edith (Road, View, Cresent, Mews, Square) but cant make up my mind just yet.... any other help/suggestions welcomed.

3 of 3.jpg

On research there is an Edith Terrace incorporating Georgian period properties in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea SW10 which sounds about right

MikeUK has gratefully agreed to do the street signage for me of which I am very humbled and appreciative and I thank him for his kind gesture.

Hopefully I can get the brickwork finished this evening..its been a long couple of weeks since I started this...not looking forward to the sides hahahahaha...plenty to do before then

Regards C

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Your brickwork is fantastically real looking, and real is the look I go for.

Thank You Holly, I'm trying to make it as real looking as possible within my limited capabilities.

5 hours ago, KathieB said:

Edith Terrace sounds exactly right to me.  What a lovely way to honor your mother. 

I think so too Kathie, Sadly my dear mother is no longer with us and someone once said whilst building dolls houses in general "let the house speak to you"...Well subconsciously or not I think it did...and I cant think of a better way to remember her in some shape or form...So EDITH TERRACE it shall become. No pressure then for me to do it justice.... :) 

Regards C

Feeling Disheartened... :(

Well today the drainpipe assembly arrived and I was full of anticipation as this was the best kit I could find on the internet...Sadly its too big and overpowers the windows as well as everything else even though they are both one twelfth scale..Drat..I was really really looking forward to incorporating these into the build, alas its not to be...The kit is fine in every way, fits the period, metal and wood parts..it would have really looked fantastic had it been a tad smaller..Gutted....I'm probably going to have to fashion my own parts as I dont want to be throwing money around if 1/12 scale is just a loose term.....Anyhow deep breath and move on....Been a bad day....

drain1_Fotor.jpg

• Like 1

Well what an unpleasant bummer that is.  I agree, I don't think all 1" scale is the same, I find my Orchid so much smaller, than my RGT homes.  And they are both 1" supposedly. So sorry, is there any way to alter them, to make them smaller?

• Like 1