Tales from a Mini Junkie

Missymew

A few weeks ago, Ladybug (Sue Ann Thwaite) told our workshop group a cute story. Ladybuy is an infamous storyteller. She said that she often goes into schools and does mini workshops with children. While they work she tells the children stories. One of these mini tales is about ketchup cups at MacDonalds. Ketchup cups don't really want to be ketchup cups. They are at MacDonalds against their wills. She goes on to tell the children to "free" a couple of ketchup cups when they go to the restaurant. The ketchup cups really want to be used as mini cups.

Anyway, right after the workshop I told this story to my friend who works across the hall from me in City Hall. She is such a nice lady. She also has two sons who are police constables. I tease her relentlessly about being sure not to break any laws.

Yesterday, Maryann came into my office with a grin on her face. She then held out her open hand with .... you guessed it ... six Macdonalds ketchup cups. After having a good laugh (and accepting the ketchup/mini cups) I asked "your sons didn't take these did they?".

-Susanne

A true mini addict

and proud of it

DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY MINI ADDICT STORIES TO SHARE??

Susanne, that's too funny! :D

I'm afraid I don't have any mini-addict stories to share . . . but I have got my family and friends tuned into my wish list at 'miniatures.com'! :drool:

That was a cute and funny story Susanne :lol2: . It was very sweet of her to 'free' the cups and give them to you :lol: .

Like Teresa I have told everyone about my wish list at miniatures.com and my dad is seriously considering something from it for me for christmas :wave: , he never knows what to get me :drool::D .

My brother is trying to get me to make a cabin for him to take to our family cabin, sort of a mini version of it and then he also likes the travel trailer, he said it would be an awesome Nascar 'roadie' trailer :D . I wonder how much more I'm going to hear about it before I break down and make him one, it would be pretty neat :cool: .

That was a cute and funny story Susanne :lol2: . It was very sweet of her to 'free' the cups and give them then he also likes the travel trailer, he said it would be an awesome Nascar 'roadie' trailer :drool: . I wonder how much more I'm going to hear about it before I break down and make him one, it would be pretty neat :cool: .

Now a Nascar trailer would be cool -- You could design it so that his name was in the racing team logo -- how cool would that be? :D

I have one.....

I work in the Information Technology field and work with guys. The subject of Doll house's is not somthing we talk about untill I started one for my daughter. Now when I talk about what I did to the house last night, all of a sudden they want to build one to and ask all kinds of questions. So it dosnt matter what you do ... when you get betten ...... your bitten. :drool:

I have one.....

I work in the Information Technology field and work with guys. The subject of Doll house's is not somthing we talk about untill I started one for my daughter. Now when I talk about what I did to the house last night, all of a sudden they want to build one to and ask all kinds of questions. So it dosnt matter what you do ... when you get betten ...... your bitten. :D

Yah! You're converting them! :drool: Real men do minis!

This week my youngest DD was here checking on her Daddy and thought she'd help me out by cleaning up for me. She called me at work and wanted to know if she needed to throw out a hyperdermic that she found in the stuff we brought home from the hospital and I politely told her no, that I had rescued that from the trash of her Daddy's room. It had only been used to clean out his IV and the needle had been removed and I thought it was just the right size to use for glue. I also took one of those bands they use to tie off your arm to take blood. That ought to make a good clamp.

She has threaten to come one weekend when I'm not at home and clean out my "junk". I've politely informed her that it may be junk to her--but until it has no future as a miniature "something" to leave my junk alone.

Continuing with Confessions of a Miniaturist ...

Hello. My name is Kathie, and I'm a Miniaturist.

In the past week I have "liberated" several cream containers from a local diner and a half dozen napkins from Ruby Tuesdays.

I have not always had this addiction, but it seems to be getting worse. I suddenly have a yen for a McDonald's hamburger.

(BTW, the napkins are made from a synthetic material, not paper or cloth, that I have a feeling will take color printing very well. It is just the right weight for rugs. I did ask ... the hostess looked at me with a funny eye, but she cheerfully handed some over. And the creamer containers are destined to be lamp shades; I've come across some wonderful beads for lamp bases.)

<shuddering with a sudden thought: here I am JUSTIFYING my deeds! This may be worse than I thought!>

:drool:

My mini-eye needs a lot of massaging, or something. Until one of you suggested what you'd USE something for (creamer container as lampshade), I didn't have a clue.

Haven't been to McDonalds in a long while. What would you use those ketchup cups for??

This week my youngest DD was here checking on her Daddy and thought she'd help me out by cleaning up for me. She called me at work and wanted to know if she needed to throw out a hyperdermic that she found in the stuff we brought home from the hospital and I politely told her no, that I had rescued that from the trash of her Daddy's room. It had only been used to clean out his IV and the needle had been removed and I thought it was just the right size to use for glue. I also took one of those bands they use to tie off your arm to take blood. That ought to make a good clamp.

She has threaten to come one weekend when I'm not at home and clean out my "junk". I've politely informed her that it may be junk to her--but until it has no future as a miniature "something" to leave my junk alone.

One man's junk is another man's treasure!!!

My friends at work have found that I do minis, :banana:

the other day one came to me with a arm load of little cone from a Itialian alder tree that was on the proptery.(i work in a nusery) any way they pick out the straights ones and said that they would make great topairys.

Another does bonsies and has help with a few little trees, just for fun I'm putting together a house that will be a garden shop and am going to put it on display with all the things they have found. I also have a fern that was from a fern bush that we dried looks very real.

It's great how nature and friends lend a hand in our mini adventures :bunny:

My mini-eye needs a lot of massaging, or something. Until one of you suggested what you'd USE something for (creamer container as lampshade), I didn't have a clue.

Haven't been to McDonalds in a long while. What would you use those ketchup cups for??

Ketchup cups are just right for "holding" teeny tiny miniatures when you're working on a project. I'll dump beads, glitter, or flocking materials into them. When I'm working in 1/144 or 1/4 scale in particular, I find them great for holding those teeny tiny pieces when I'm working on a room. Otherwise you an lose the pieces. That's why I call them mini-helpers.

-Susanne

I must confess....I was at I-Hop 3 nights ago and I had ordered some late night coffee. Since this was a "to Go" order, they gave me those creamer cups. Well they looked like waste paper baskets for a dollhouse, so instead of 2, I told her I liked a LOT of cream in my coffee and left with 8 of them :thumb: ;)

Lady bug is one of my FAVORITE story tellers!!

creamer containers are destined to be lamp shades;
They make excellent wastepaper baskets, as well as 1:24 garbage cans.

little cone from a Itialian alder tree that was on the proptery.(i work in a nusery) any way they pick out the straights ones and said that they would make great topairys.

I collect all kinds of cones, magnolia cones would also make great topiaries!

I collect empty jelly & butter/ margarine packets. In addition to making scale bathroom lavatory basins I want to try a how-to from a recent AM for a set of storage bins.