Yoo hoo, Greenleaf staff and administrators!

Skittiescat

I love this site and have to admit that one of the things I wonder most is "how on earth did you get such great jobs?" Working for a miniature company is a dream of mine (and a few people here too, I imagine!).

Would you mind telling a bit about how you got where you are now?

I too would love to hear a bit about you wonderful folks at greenleaf, what do you do all day at work to keep Greenleaf ticking over, do you have dollshouses at home? what we need is a day in the life ......

bet you never get bored at work like I do LOL

Also did you know the forum started back in 2003.

This is what started it all. One of the Owners of Greenleaf asked me if I would like to moderate the forum because they had been kicking around the idea of it so I said "Sure" (Being the advid mini person I am you know I was bouncing up and down inside :) ) and we all had no idea how big or little this thing would be. It's a fun ride full of minis. All of the Mods started off on the old forum. Ohhh Here is the link to the old forum:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/glpforum/default.asp

My username then was my mini shop :)

First of all.... WOW!!! Lots of info that I had no idea about. So glad the question was raised! Don't know how I missed those prior posts about it. :) Very interesting stuff!

Second- I did not realize that Dean was the owner! (Did I read the correctly in the history part?) I'm sure alot of people didn't. I just thought he was a great employee that was a WIZ on the computer!

And finally Third of all, I just did a map search and found out that the company is only 3 hours away! I hear a field trip coming one of these days!! Do you know if the company does "tours"??? LOL I would be interested!

I don't think they do company tours any more. Let's let Dean answer that one cause I don't want to give out the wrong info :)

Yes, Dean is the President/Owner of the company. He and his Sister are just wonderful people. There are a couple more over there that I just adore because they are really nice and good people.

First of all.... WOW!!! Lots of info that I had no idea about. So glad the question was raised! Don't know how I missed those prior posts about it. :) Very interesting stuff!

Second- I did not realize that Dean was the owner! (Did I read the correctly in the history part?) I'm sure alot of people didn't. I just thought he was a great employee that was a WIZ on the computer!

And finally Third of all, I just did a map search and found out that the company is only 3 hours away! I hear a field trip coming one of these days!! Do you know if the company does "tours"??? LOL I would be interested!

Yep Jaimie we aren't that far from there. You could also plan a trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame also while your there. We did that a few years ago. If I only knew then what I know now about Greenleaf....I'll have to go back. DH loves baseball and I love dollhouses! :)

Yep Jaimie we aren't that far from there. You could also plan a trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame also while your there. We did that a few years ago. If I only knew then what I know now about Greenleaf....I'll have to go back. DH loves baseball and I love dollhouses! :)

I think it sounds better for a girl's trip! We could do it in a day or drive up one day and come back the next is that's too much in the car! I'll drive!! LOL :)

I hadn't been back to the site for sometime- and really am excited how the community has grown! (Time just hasn't been on my side!)

Tracy has been in on the Greenleaf forum since the beginning and has really helped get it going.

Dean is a peach of a guy and is very hardworking and generous! This contest month is really been exciting! You can see that he has been putting lots of hours-- by the times on the posts for the contests!

Greenleaf Dollhouses rule and will continue to hold it's spot in the world of minis-- and flourish under the direction of Dean and sister. Family business that cares about customers! Hard to find in this day and age!

Thanks Dean for all the joy you have brought us! :)

Patty J.

Just read the "Greenleaf Story" wow never read that before. Very interesting. Thanks Tracy for posting the link and thanks Dean and Greenleaf for a fabulous month. I've had a great time and am truely HOOKED on this forum and dollhouses.

Indeed, that was a most interesting article. I was browsing on ebay the other morning and spotted a dollhouse that said it was manufactured by Greenleaf SRD. I wondered if it was the same company and now I have my answer.

Thank you Dean and Lisa for bringing us such beautiful houses and such a wonderful site to discussion our mini passions.

Ohhh Tracy...there you go with the teasing again! LOL Didn't we have a chat about that not being nice?!?

Seriously though - Dean, Tracy, and all the other seasoned forum members - thank you for everything!!

Wow Tracy, I got to reading some of those old posts on the old forum and even though it hasn't been all that long ago, it seems like such a long time past almost as if this site has been here forever. Does it seem that way to anyone else?

The greenleaf story is so great :D . No wonder there are so many great people on this forum. I consider myself very lucky to be a part of a terrific mini family. :drool:

Dean, you and your family deserve a very big thank you for not only for your generosity this month but having such a wonderful family to have brought us these houses to share with our families and friends. :D

I hadn't been back to the site for sometime- and really am excited how the community has grown! (Time just hasn't been on my side!)

Tracy has been in on the Greenleaf forum since the beginning and has really helped get it going.

Dean is a peach of a guy and is very hardworking and generous! This contest month is really been exciting! You can see that he has been putting lots of hours-- by the times on the posts for the contests!

Greenleaf Dollhouses rule and will continue to hold it's spot in the world of minis-- and flourish under the direction of Dean and sister. Family business that cares about customers! Hard to find in this day and age!

Thanks Dean for all the joy you have brought us! :drool:

Patty J.

Now Patty is someone ANY mini person would want to know. She is an important member of N.A.M.E. and I hope to meet you this fall at the show. Still trying to work out details so I can be there :D

As regards to the Greenleaf story, I think it's one of the best American stories out there. Dean always says he KNEW they would have ownership of the Greenleaf dollhouse line again and his deligence & Lisa's desire and both of there love is so visable here.

I always say, "They are changing people lives, one dollhouse at a time" :D

Thanks Dean and the rest of the Greenleaf staff for a job very well done.

It has also been an honor to be chosen to serve on the model building team and unbelievable fun.

The work all the administrators and moderators do is greatly appreciated, but especially Tracy, Linda and CatColorado. At least one is always available to help answer questions or lend some advice.

Other members of the Master building Team--immediately comes to mind is Nutti and Holly--add so much with their willingness to share their experiences and cheer us on.

All in all the whole forum and the members who make it up is appreciated very much by me.

Thank all who have made this site what it is.

Peggi, this is the first and only group where I feel at "Home". The members here are so warm. Sharing ideas and the caring about what is going on in each others life is wonderful. I LOVE our chit chat area, the questions of the day sometimes have questions that help us get to know each other better.

I feel so happy to have met so many wonderful people here. EVERYONE who has participated in this foum feels the "magic" too.

:drool:

It is very interesting to find out more about the history of Greenleaf, and to understand even better what a dedicated group of staff and owners you are! This month has been such a blast for all of the members here, and we know it has meant really hard work and VERY long hours for you. We sincerely appreciate all that you have done. :drool: You might wonder at the smilies I picked, but the caring, support and joy that you have given to us means so much. It's uplifting. Thank you.