No Instructions In My Kit - Should I Be Worried?

That's really funny! My tee shirt these days would say "I used to have OCD but now I have IDC (I don't care)"

Even when I spell check, I seem to miss something, Like putting too many of the same words together (I went to to the store). Spell check doesn't fix stupid, so I'm on my own!

I guess as long as we are all doing it, it just endears us to each other! We all feel that pain!

I might make up a test sample and try rubbing on different stains with an old rag to lower the contrast just a hair.  Of course,, the colors and style of finishing you give the wall and the furniture will have a huge impact.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was a little worried that when I got around to actually gluing the walls to the floor that I may have trouble. I added 3/4" basswood extensions to the bottoms of the walls to make the interior height a bit taller and more livable. I transferred the slots onto the new basswood then cut them out. I had to fiddle with them a bit, but managed a good last dry fit before I actually reached for the glue bottle. Two walls and one floor later my confidence level has risen! I think I am going to leave the other side wall and the front wall off and work my way out from the bathroom corner. More room for my giant hands to move around that way. We'll see...IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Wise decision moving to walls up. I know I mentioned this before but I love that floor. 

Thanks for saying that, Sable! I just love your gallery photos! Each project has such a welcoming feeling!  I imagined being in each one - It was lovely to be in them, and I imagined that they all smelled wonderful, like home! I didn't want to leave!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I love those modern bathroom fixtures, especially that wall hung commode stool!

Man I wish I had one of those in real life! Can you imagine how much easier it would be to clean? Whoever designs traditional toilets never has to clean them, I bet!

38 minutes ago, Sable said:

So all of the tile and bath fixtures are 3d prints?

Yep! The shower pan and all three walls are separate tile wall pieces. Then I decided to do the wall behind the toilet and sink in the same tile sheet. The toilet, sink faucet, soap dispenser, towel rack, tp holder, hooks, trash can and hand towel holder are all 3D prints!

7 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Yep! The shower pan and all three walls are separate tile wall pieces. Then I decided to do the wall behind the toilet and sink in the same tile sheet. The toilet, sink faucet, soap dispenser, towel rack, tp holder, hooks, trash can and hand towel holder are all 3D prints!

Oh wow! Love these!!! So did you print these yourself then? I have been intruiged by the 3D printers for a while now and am contemplating investing in one...

the floor is amazing and with the added interior decoratins, I am soooo looking forward following your build!

hugs

10 hours ago, Anna said:

Oh wow! Love these!!! So did you print these yourself then? I have been intruiged by the 3D printers for a while now and am contemplating investing in one...

the floor is amazing and with the added interior decoratins, I am soooo looking forward following your build!

hugs

Hi Anna! The build is beginning to get to the exciting part!

I designed them in a free program called TinkerCad (tinkercad.com). Then I uploaded the designs to Shapeways (shapeways.com).and had them printed. It has been a really exciting process!

I made all of my designs available to everyone. If you like something, you just put it in your cart and Shapeways prints and mails it to you. Most small items are competitively inexpensive, and can be printed in a variety of materials.

If you want to read all about my experiences with 3D printing, here's the link: http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/search/label/3D%20Printing%20Designs

• Like 1

Thanks ladies! We are getting on to the fun parts! I'm in limbo until the next batch of faucets arrive in the mail (since I ruined the first batch putting water based sealer over the top of metallic oil based spray). I want to start painting some of the little accessories, but I am afraid to until everything gets here and I can do a mock up. I have company coming in from Nashville on Friday, so it's just as well. Housework and stuff!

Jodi, you made me smile. I love it when my family comes up and visit but when I'm in a middle of a project with ideas flowing freely, I grumble that I have to clean up and cook and stuff cause I just want to keep creating. I also grumble at bedtime sometimes too ;) lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Some progress... Yeah!

IMG_1663.JPG

Just..wow!

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Tracy, that goes back to childhood; my mother was always calling me to come home when the streetlights weren't on yet!

Amazing how far we would roam when we were kids. And then there's the woman whose kid was playing what? 140 feet away and she was arrested for child neglect? If I hadn't been allowed to roam and use my imagination the way I did, I would have totally lost it and then how would I be able to see house bashes in my mind's eye?

On December 3, 2015 at 9:54:24 AM, havanaholly said:

Tracy, that goes back to childhood; my mother was always calling me to come home when the streetlights weren't on yet!

Giggles, I remember those days too! :) 

And Kelly, my parents would've been in trouble too if it was nowadays. Back then there wasn't an issue with it as it is now unfortunately. I guess that's what draws me to Dollhouses too, we can revisit any time period by doing minis :)