Proud of Myself!

Robin

I did it - I finally did it! :)

I've been staring at my house(Laurel) for about two weeks, telling myself I won't do anything until I get the wiring done. So I got up the nerve and dug in! It was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be but very time consuming. It took me about 7 hours. Those teeny tiny little brads are buggers to work with!! I didn't install any lights yet but every line worked just as it should on the first try!! All in all, a great experience...well, except for stabbing my palm with the test probe! Hurt like a, well, let's just say it hurt A LOT but I'm OK! :D Oh yeah, I hardly even look at the instruction booklet, I relied mostly on Darrell's awesome photo guide! :p

Congratulatons!!! The first time is always intimidating and once you do it -- it's easy!!! I use grommets cause I find those brads so darn hard to hold on to. There's a tool that you can get to insert them -- I've always meant to get one, but never have so I don't know how well or even if they work. Can't wait to see the lights come on! :)

Whohoooo, throwing confettin in the air whilst doing a happy :bunny: dance!!!!

So happy for you, eventhough you sort of tested if the wires run as they should in your hand as well LOL (been there, done that and re-did it as well :) ) Doesn't it feel just great having mastered and concquered that electrifying thing? It is soooooo neat having those lights in the evenings, just magical!

Looking forward to your pics of the progress as well!

Hugs

Congrats on the wiring success!

I dont have the brad tool but I am good at using what I have. I have a small pair of needle nose pliers that work perfectly holding the brads. I also make starter hole with a thumb tack. Makes it easier to push them in.

Now you probably wonder why you were so fretful over it huh? Every house you do will become easier and easier.

post-924-1160924857.gif Congratulations on completing the wiring successfully! It is a daunting task, isn't it? But very rewarding. You probably already know this but you can buy push in ceiling globe lights. I always have a couple on hand just so that, when I am finally done with the tape but I am too tired to work on putting in a real light, I just push in one of the ceiling globe lights and I have a light! They are about $3-$5, for a small or a large one. Just fun to see results from all your hard work!

Congratulations!!!!!! Wiring is always one of the things I dread doing.. I guess cause I'm still new at it. Ditto on the gromets being easier to use than the brads - they push in super easy (at least they push in easy to luan ply) Yaaaay You lit your first house :doh:

-David :D

Oh yeah, I hardly even look at the instruction booklet, I relied mostly on Darrell's awesome photo guide! :D

Me too :) I used Darrell's photo guide also for tape wiring my Arthur. It was so easy :yes: When I built my Garfield I didn't add electric because I was scared to :banghead: Then when it was almost completed I decided to add it and had to used round wire. :doh: It looks okay because I hid the wires behind trim etc. I think the tape wire looks better because it is hidden behind the wallpaper etc.

Oh and congratulations on your successful wiring job :D

Congrats Robin on the wiring!!! I thought I was the only one that sat here for two weeks looking at the house and the wiring kit and hoping the "wiring fairy" would come and poof it would be done.

Glad to hear you had no problems! I got started, and the test probe from the kit was toast. Manor House Minis replaced the bad probe and I'm well on my way too!

Wall paper is next.