Major Sale near Kansas City Memorial Day Weekend 2015

KathieB

Whew this has been a whirlwind. I'm glad you are on the end of things. So happy that things have worked out so quickly and smoothly for you.

Houses don't sell very fast in our area so folks wait and wait and wait, often leaving part of the family behind while the rest move to the new spot.

You have been very blessed with lovely buyers - both house and other sales - and many helping hands and many new stories to tell. Wish I could have been there to help. It would have been fun.

May your trip be safe and all your belongings arrive safe and sound.

Hugs

• Like 1

House is empty, clean and shiny. We're at the Comfort Inn about to go to dinner with a friend. We leave in the morning, right on schedule. :D

• Like 2

Thanks, all. We're taking a road break in Osceola, Arkansas  tonight. Nice to be sitting in something that's not moving. We stopped early 'cause we're still tired from the flurried pressure of the last few days. We should be back in the condo tomorrow night.

Will keep an eye out for a dehydrated stowaway when we unload the car tomorrow ... lol  

By the way, the Pierce was the first item into the car and everything else fit nicely around it. Lloyd graciously stayed away from the packing process and left it to Norma Jeane and me. I swear, for a graphic artist, he has no concept of shape and/or volume, and when the two of us are packing we end up huffing and puffing at one another until I walk away and we end up with wasted space. NJ and I got it packed in minutes, with not enough room to slide a butter knife between items. :D  

This effort was aided by the fact that 8 boxes were shipped via UPS to cousin Gloria earlier in the day. The cost of shipping was less than renting a pull-along trailer, which was L's choice. I was adamant about NOT pulling a  trailer. At nearly 80, his reflexes are not what they used to be, and while he is still a safe driver (or I wouldn't be riding with him!), I didn't think adding the dynamics of a trailer would enhance the enjoyment of the drive.