A Dream Come True

asisteract

I have wanted a dollhouse as far back as I can remember and my dream has finally come true. I mentioned it to people throughout my life but never did anyone ever agree to build one for me. Now at the age of 51 my sister, yes my sister :) has finally came through. Every since I was a small girl I have looked up to my sister. She was always there to help me with everything. When I would break a little chain necklace or a toy or anything I just knew that Teresa could fix it. I never dreamed that she would be the one to make me my very first dollhouse. She has worked very hard, sanding and fixing and gluing all the little pieces as I watch in amazement of what comes next. It is almost finished and I am in aw of this girl who can do anything. I will soon have my Beacon Hill all ready to pretty up and the dream of having a dollhouse all my life is soon to come true.

I love the Beacon Hill and all of it's ornate trim and would love to know the history of the real beacon hill. I have done research but can't seem to pinpoint the actual house. Does anyone know where or what I mean?

Thanks so much to all of you and to my sister Teresa for all her hard work and for giving an older lady a new reason to smile every day :) Hugs

• Like 3

Oh, Jennifer! The Beacon Hill is well worth the wait! Your sister is a real champ! :thumb:

:welcome: to the forum. If you make 5 posts, you'll be eligible for a Gallery and can open an album to share photos of your house. We love eye candy. :D

Have you been collecting furnishings for it or will that be fun for you now?

I recall someone here posting a photo of the original (real) Beacon Hill but can't recall who. I'm sure someone with a better memory than mine will find the link.

Welcome Jennifer, and thanks for letting us know how your dream came true. I can relate to how you are feeling, so I am excited too. Not only will you have a most wonderful dollhouse, but you will be getting a special gift from your sister as well.