Landscaping supplies?

CheckMouse

I am coming in on the home stretch of my micro (1:144) Georgian Townhouse and will be running the wires for six lights down the outside wall on one side. I would like to hide it with foliage, preferably a rose trellis. I don't have time to learn how to make the flowers in that scale. I know there aren't a lot on this forum working in the micro scale, but does anyone have a preferred place to buy greenery in that scale? I've been browsing all day on the train sites (it's N scale) and found a few places, but thought I would ask here before placing an order.

Thanks.

CJ, I find that the shredded foam works well for that scale. I think that some of the train stores carry it. I usually buy it at shows though. Sorry that I can't give you a specific name.

I think you could just use vine... Sarah posted the link above... I love Scenic Express. Here is what I use http://www.sceneryexpress.com/MAUVE-CREEPING-PHLOX-ONE-PIECE-3-x-7/productinfo/CA0260/ ..... they have it in a few different colors, just type Phlox in the search box and you'll see the ones they offer. I have used it to hide wiring and I love the way it looks climbing up houses.

• Like 1

I use Scenic Express landscaping supplies too. I used the phlox Kelly is talking about on the Summer House. It's pretty fine stuff and I think it would work for micro scale. Here it is with half scale

post-15386-0-24326600-1406388434_thumb.j

• Like 3

Thank You! I went to Scenic Express and searched for N scale - found an English Ivy that will be perfect! I'll get it ordered right away. I'm submitting this little house the end of next month to our Hobby Hall at the State Fair. :)

I once read a how to for making your own shredded foam; use a food processor from a thrift store dediccated just for craft use and drop in a couple of cellulose spnges, whiz them to the desired texture, put the resulting shreds into small jars and add diluted paint to get them the colors you want.

• Like 1

Somewhere along the way, somebody mentioned saving dryer lint for use as landscaping fibers.

I've changed computers since then and can't remember the link or who or where or, more importantly, how to do it.

I have a huge bag that I saved for doing it and keep debating about tossing it since I can't remember how to use it.

Anyone remember how to do this?

Somewhere along the way, somebody mentioned saving dryer lint for use as landscaping fibers.

I've changed computers since then and can't remember the link or who or where or, more importantly, how to do it.

I have a huge bag that I saved for doing it and keep debating about tossing it since I can't remember how to use it.

Anyone remember how to do this?

My dryer lint has way too much dog hair in it to be used for minis :lol:

Unless it's cobwebs the only mini uses I've seen for dryer lint is mini quilt batting and someone in the UK once did a mini portrait of the Queen in different shades of dryer lint, it was in Dolls' House & Miniature Scene magazine.

I've done the foam in the blender. (I just got a new blender so I was using an older one.) I cut the foam into small pieces about a half inch cubs. Then coated with watered down acrylic(50-50 mix). I smooshed them so the paint would go through and then let dry. I used light green foam so when I blended it the pieces came out slightly multicolored. I didn't get really small pieces because my blender wasn't sharp. I'm tempted to use my new blender but I don't want to be green like the old one......