Hofco Southern Dynasty Dollhouse Kit

shorty2415

Hello all,

I have a Hofco Southern Dynasty KW182R dollhouse kit. The house itself is put together and all the accessories are with it, including paperwork and deed. I am having trouble finding this particular dollhouse to find its value or perhaps a path to sell it. What I have found, it appears to be rare. I know there are enthusiasts out there that would appreciate the build, project and value of this house.

I am looking for anyone who may know about this house or can give suggestions to find a proper place for it.

Much appreciate for any information!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I deleted your duplicate posts - no need to post the same thing in more than one place. :) This is a good spot for it, although if you decide to offer up the house for sale a moderator might decide to move the thread to the Community Trading Post.

Have you already searched the forum for other posts about this house? I'm sure it's been discussed here before, and there are probably pictures of finished houses in the gallery, too.

As for where and how much to sell it for, that's going to depend a lot on the condition and the demand in your area. Here are a few recent threads from people in a similar situation that might give you ideas:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35903

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35895

• Like 1

You're right, the kit is somewhat rare but it does come up once in a while. Having the deed is great! I wish I had one for my house. But having said that, it's really not about how rare a house is, it's more about how much someone is willing to pay for it. You could start it out on Craig's List for, say, $500 (that's just an example and I personally feel that would be too much), and then lower the price as you need to until it sells. You might also want to take the kit to a local dollhouse shop and see if they'll sell it on consignment or buy it themselves. Or you could just keep it and decorate it yourself. You can always come to our forum for help with anything and you might really enjoy turning a dollhouse shell into something beautiful. And the house doesn't have to be finished in a set time. Most people take years to finish their houses and collect all the doodads for them. You can go as slow or fast as you want with this hobby. I'm doing a Hofco Americana house right now and I've remodeled the living daylights out of it with a jigsaw, but it's been a blast!

• Like 1

Aimee, you could keep the house for yourself, but if you really don't want it do read over the other topics Emily posted the links for; there are excellent suggestions both there are in this topic.

Thank you all for your advice. I contacted the 3 dollhouse shops in Ohio but none buy/sell/consign dollhouses. One mentioned most won't buy old houses because people cannot find the correct pieces it needs to finish it. Luckily this one has all the pieces with it and instructions. It is a really awesome dollhouse that I wish I could keep, but I really have no room/use for it. It is huge and with a son, I don't think it is quite the dollhouse that should be used for a super hero mansion. LOL. I will get a picture of to post on here soon. I will check out the craigslist or ebay options. I would like it to go to a home that will take care of it. For as long as this has been sitting, it is in excellent shape and should be finished to be the beauty it was intended to be.

If there is any member located in Ohio on here interested in this house, send me a message or respond to this post.

Thanks all for your dollhouse expertise!! :salute: