Full moon tonight

peggyquade

I just had to share this with all of you. After a long day of siding the Pierce and putting little teeny pieces of half round trim on the edges of miniature stair treads, I was finally relaxing in my easy chair with a beer, watching tv. I have my Painted Princess dollhouse on a table in the front living room window, with lit candles in holders around it (no lights in the house yet). When up over the trees across the street rises a full moon. Wafting clouds in the black sky float across the moon's face...with the candles flickering on the dollhouse and the moon in the background...what a bewitching site! :yes:

Peggi,

I bet it was gorgeous! The last couple nights the moon has really been putting on a great show. I drove out to the beach last night to watch the sun set - took a long walk on the pier with a cup of coffee - it was a minus tide so that was a pretty amazing sight with the lighting hitting of all that wet sand and on the way home the moon over the horizon was huge and orange. What a lovely night!

-David

I call those "moments of contentment". Where time seems to stand still and you just feel and see everything clearly. Sitting under an old apple tree with my old black lab, Bear, summertime, hearing kids down the block playing. Times to reflect back on, for sure.

But, on a different note, I have actually never thought of making a haunted house out of a dollhouse but with all the ideas on this website and now the moon rising over the dollhouse in my window, I am going to do one for next year. Crooked shutters, cobwebs, shingles falling off the roof, the whole deal. It will be fun!

I'm still hoping I get my haunted house done by Halloween but I have my doubts. For someone who loves Halloween as much as I do I just can't seem to nail down how I want my haunted house to look. I keep envisioning something remeniscent of the Haunted Mansion and it's looking more like Disney Halloween Treat instead :yes:

-David

We were watching Lemony Snicket last night and Nat noticed the big full moon..and then we heard that familiar deathly squeal outside..

We went out on the porch and there in the street was a mother skunk and her two children. I guess they wanted to play out in the moonlight! :banana:

You'll have to excuse me, I am terrible at noting and then remembering names but someone on this site has had pictures of a gray haunted house in their posts and I wish I could print that picture...it's exactly what I would like to make in a haunted dollhouse!

Wow those are both great haunted houses. I love the interior rooms of the one (the dusty old harp and suit of armor) :banana: what fun! But Fairimom's thornhill really makes me drool - I love that style house to begin with. Ages back .. well .. somewhere in the 70's I think some company made a kit of the Psycho house. That's really my dream house to make a haunted house out of.. but I've never seen it up for sale.

And yep there is nothing like the Autumn full moon - big, bright! glorious :banana:

-David :banana:

We've been enjoying the Harvest moons up here in Canada too. It's so great to take a walk in the moonlight with the coloured leaves underfoot. Peggy and David, thank you so much for describing your beautiful evenings. My mind could picture the scenes.

Being in the Fall, Halloween spirit I've been adding haunted houses and cats as attachments.

-Susanne

Thank you for those links! Both are great. I think I especially like fairimom's haunted house...what a beauty! Great inspiration! Must have been such fun creating it!

And missymew, it's your pictures of haunted houses in your posts that I love, too! Where do you get those?

I enjoy full moons a lot more since I retired. Scientists "proved" the full moon doesn't influence behavior, but I have worked in prisons, state mental hospitals and medical hospitals and apparently the inmates/ clients/ patients haven't read those scientific "findings".

I enjoy full moons a lot more since I retired. Scientists "proved" the full moon doesn't influence behavior, but I have worked in prisons, state mental hospitals and medical hospitals and apparently the inmates/ clients/ patients haven't read those scientific "findings".

I will agree. I was a labor and delivery nurse, there was something to a full moon...and also drops in barometric pressure. Some of the worst, busiest nights of my life. I used to watch my calendar and the weather report on the news.

When i was in nursing school, i worked as a nursing assistant at the hospital, i was a float, but worked mostly on the med/surg floors. You could definately tell when there was a full moon!!!!

Sounds magical indeed!

I always have some troubles sleeping during fullmoon nights :lol: so I always try and have some minis that I can work on without making to much noise those evenings until the eys get veeeeery heavy LOL

Hugs

Apparently those scientists never worked in a bar either or they might change their minds!! The very worst were full moons on Sunday nights. We called it "zoo night." All the freaks came out to play!

Kathy

Hi all,

I know again I'm going to sound like the local nutcase :woot: lol - but I do remember as a kid hearng about those "scientific reports".. fortunately there have been other scientific reports that take into account more than just if the moon is full or not but if differences in behaviors of full moon vs mid phases, full moon vs new moon, new moon vs mid phases and also taking into account the distance the moon is from the earth - it's apogee or pergee and a few other variables. It concluded that rougher nights for hospitals, police calls, and for people in generall to be dealing with other people could be predicted with an amazing degree of accuracy but that some of those nights would fall on certain predictable new moons or even quarters as well as full moons - which explains why the old scientific report ruled out the moons influence on people's behaviors, but that as a general rule of thumb full moons do seem to affect people.

On a side note - for myself I find fullmoons to normally be very calming nights for me and that when I had my own business sales were always better durring the waxing moon. Ok I'll shut up now.

-David :lol:

David that sounded like an interesting point of view, and I do think that the moon has the ability to affect us so much more than we realize really!

Atleast for me I know those nights are more difficult to get to sleep and I have also heard about those "zoo" nights at bars, the Saturdays or Friday nights with full moon were those nights some of us decided to stay home and rent a movie instead of "hitting" the town when soooo much younger and more restless :lol:

Hugs

David, the human body is over 95% water/ fluid, so I suppose the moon would exert tidal influences just as it does on the oceans. I expect the sun's influences would explain why we are generally jollier & more active in the warmer, sunnier months?