Sugarplum

Peachie

I have a question and I hope I don't sound stupid.... :p ....I was wondering if any of you have used something like egg crate to make your brick......I've ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive :yes: ......and another question.....today I found some scrapbook paper that I'm going to use as wallpaper.....can I also use that for the ceiling......

Post a link to this stuff. Sounds interesting. I know people use egg cartons to make bricks and stone :yes:

Yes you can use scrapbook paper for wallpaper. Sheesh I thought you said you had some crazy questions :lol: I don't see any :p

Hi Ellen,

I've used scrapbook paper for a cieling and I liked how it turned out. I haven't tried using egg carton for blocks but I believe Shakyshaky used some on her castle and I really like the effect she's getting with it :yes:

-David

I found some real nice scrap paper at walmart today and thought it would be ok to put on the ceiling, it has a fine texture to it......I'm waiting on the arrival of my dollhouse.....and making plans of what I'm going to do with it......I had thought about making my own fire place and buying the grate to put in it.....don't know how it will turn out but will give it a try......when I start work on my house I will post pics as I go along......

I have a question and I hope I don't sound stupid.... :p ....I was wondering if any of you have used something like egg crate to make your brick......I've ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive :yes: ......and another question.....today I found some scrapbook paper that I'm going to use as wallpaper.....can I also use that for the ceiling......

yes you can becuse it with look nice.i have a question too do you have any pictures in your gallrey becuse i what to see them i bet there so pretty :lol:

Yes, you can use scrapbook paper on your ceiling. I used it on the ceilings of my Beacon Hill.

You can also use egg cartons for bricks, stones, et cetera. There is a thread somewhere here about it . . . we were talking about it the other day . . . hmm . . . let me see if I can find it.

Hey, I found it! :banana: Here's the link to the thread . . . there is a link in the first post to a brick tutorial. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=3360

Good luck and can't wait to see pictures once you get going on your house!! :banana:

I've been using sandpaper for bricks & styrofoam egg carton for stones but the papermache eggcartons have a wonderful texture that's great for both, and I've seen lovely work using it. BTW, there is no such thing as a "stupid" or "dumb" question!

It sounds like you have a good plan in mind for this house, really looking forward how it turns out. As far as the scrapbooking paper, what ever paper looks right will probably work wonders ;) one thing though is that it isn't to think as that might leave it fragile when moist. But the scrapbooking papers I have been ablle to get hold of are a pretty "sturdy" material, as opposed to giftwraping papers etc.

Good luck and like Holly said, there are nooooo dumb questions!

Hugs

I haven't used them yet....I'm waiting on the arrival of my first dollhouse....it should be here today or tomorrow.....I can't wait to get it and get started on it......I'm a novice to this......I will have alot of questions to ask......I have a friend who is a member of this forum and he is the one that got me interested in trying my hand at dollhouses.......

I like the look of the cardboard bricks and stones, but can someone tell me how strong they are?

Since they go on the plywood of the shell I'm not sure what you mean by your question. If the house is going to get a lot of handling I'd probably put a couple of coats of matte sealer over the exterior finish to protect it & make it cleanable.