December 2006 Swap Sign Up

CatColorado

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I am SICK again with the flu this week . . . even worse than last week, BUT I got my items boxed and mailed out yesterday afternoon. Linda, you should receive them by Friday/Saturday at the latest.

I don't mean to rain (or snow) on anybody's parade . . . but sheesh, could we lighten up a bit? This is supposed to be FUN not WORK!! :wave:

Teresa, I'm sorry to hear you feel so bad. I think the weather here is causing havock with everyone's health. Last week we had temps in the teens and this week it has been in the high 60's low 70's. You dress for the cold and then end up burning up or vice versa.

Christmas crunch? Does it have peanuts in it? LOL

I feel the same. We will get it when we get it. I have my swap done so quickly (i agonized over it a lil) but my mind went OUT THE WINDOW, when it came time to mail the package. Must be all that shared holiday carbon monoxide from Mall shopping.....

Teresa, take it ez hun. There is this nagging cough cold thing lingering around my area. Dh brought it home from the hospital. Lots of ppl out of work. My mil`s friend works at a hospital in another state and they are having the same problem. It is in the 50s today (and the rest of next week). I wish that this weather would backtrack and help those guys trapped on Mount Hood!

I cant wait to see what you all made!

I don't mean to rain (or snow) on anybody's parade . . . but sheesh, could we lighten up a bit? This is supposed to be FUN not WORK!! :wave:

she says as she only had to package 18 items and mail them out, not 324 ...

LOL! No, listen everyone, if it's delayed, then it's delayed. Actually it may work out for the best. In what I have seen of the post office, I think EVERYONE is mailing double the usual amount of packages, which increases the chance of things getting lost. So, if we go beyond Christmas, that may work best in the long run.

she says as she only had to package 18 items and mail them out, not 324 ...

LOL! No, listen everyone, if it's delayed, then it's delayed. Actually it may work out for the best. In what I have seen of the post office, I think EVERYONE is mailing double the usual amount of packages, which increases the chance of things getting lost. So, if we go beyond Christmas, that may work best in the long run.

I agree! It's ever so much fun to get packages after Christmas ... it stretches out the season a bit! And then on January 6 it's time for King Cake (now there was an idea for this swap that got away! :wave: ) and on into Mardi Gras!

Don't sweat it Linda.....whatever and whenever.....Everybody is busy this time of year and if you're sick that's even more of a bummer. We appreciate what you do to make these swaps fun and something to look forward to. If we get them in Jan..that's okay too. Keep it fun!

HAHA wow i missed alot on here over night! so have we heard from la dolly?

I haven't heard from her. Don't know what's going on. I'll try and contact her, but you all might want to send me a PM and let me know if you want your extra item returned or give it to someone needy.

Don't sweat it Linda.....whatever and whenever.....Everybody is busy this time of year and if you're sick that's even more of a bummer. We appreciate what you do to make these swaps fun and something to look forward to. If we get them in Jan..that's okay too. Keep it fun!

Linda's not sick. Amazingly. I have not been sick in the two months since I left the old job, and I used to be sick ALL them time.

I haven't heard from her. Don't know what's going on. I'll try and contact her, but you all might want to send me a PM and let me know if you want your extra item returned or give it to someone needy.

Linda's not sick. Amazingly. I have not been sick in the two months since I left the old job, and I used to be sick ALL them time.

Give mine to someone else...I don't want it back. Oh I was referring to Teresa being sick not you! :wave: I hope I didn't jinks it for you :banana:

* Hitting Brenda with a wet lasagna noodle* Thwack!

Thanks for being so easy on me Heidi!! :) I swear the older I get, the more my brain gets muddled. I don't think I used to have such a bad memory before.

*sigh*

I agree! It's ever so much fun to get packages after Christmas ... it stretches out the season a bit! And then on January 6 it's time for King Cake (now there was an idea for this swap that got away! :) ) and on into Mardi Gras!

Ahh! January 6th.. Epiphany, Three Kings day, Someone`s birthday....But who`s i wonder?

Hint hint..

Yup that would be a nice present for SOMEONE. I can wait for the mailing till then.

It will be my first package in Florida. Going to my parent's house, but for ME none the less! I'm very anxious theses days. So much to think about with a out of state move.

Friday, January 5th is my last day at work. The moving truck comes on Monday, Jan. 8th. That weekend will consist of packing up the little bits and pieces that aren't done yet. Hubby wants to have the cable and DSL shut off Friday so we can have time to return the cable boxes and pack up the computers. Then the child will have nothing to do! All the toys will be packed up too! LOL It will make for an interesting few days. We are on the plane on Tuesday morning and will arrive in Florida by 12:45.

Anyway... since I'll not have my computer hooked up I'll wish you an early "Happy Bday Heidi!"

:) I hate to say this and hang my head in shame but I have been sick and was not able t o get my swap mailed in time. Instead of mailing them late can you just take my name off the list???

Sorry for being a delay in letting you know.

Thanks for being so easy on me Heidi!! :lol: I swear the older I get, the more my brain gets muddled. I don't think I used to have such a bad memory before.

*sigh*

Oh ladybug, it must be going around--cause I CRS anymore. I'm becoming the stickynote queen. Write everything down and stick to me somewhere.