Teddy Bears' Picnic in a Suitcase

Missymew

On Saturday I bought a cute suitcase box at Michaels. Today I created a 1/2 scale Teddy Bears' Picnic scene inside of the box. I've still got to locate a photo/picture to put into the lid. I had a tiny arbor seat that I painted dark brown (it was originally white, but I thought it too glaring). I had some tiny print material that I thought would work well in 1/2 scale so I made cushions and a tablecloth for the white wire table/chair set. I used tea leaves to make the earth. I've always got lots of tiny teddies and dolls around to put in my scenes.

- Susanne

That is too cute! I love the little arbor and the picnic table set is adorable.

I've been working on a teddy bear picnic scene for my mother in law, but it's not close to presentable yet. I did give her a 'mini' teddy bear picnic book (about 3"x4") with the words to the song and adorable illustrations for mother's day. I'm hoping to have the picnic scene itself ready by Christmastime.

Amy -

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your Teddy Bears' Picnic scene. I've always been fascinated with the Teddy Bears' Picnic song and the idea of bears getting together in the forest for a picnic. It's a fun scene to create in miniatures.

-Susanne

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my Teddy Bears' Picnic. Until I joined this site, I'd thought that I had a kid inside me that just wouldn't grow up ... that's why I create the little mini scenes that I do. It's sure nice to know that there's a whole bunch of us out there.

-Susanne