Dressing your dh for Halloween

heidiiiii

Anyone started dressing their dh for Halloween?

I have so much work to do on the Marquam Hill that I dont know if I am going to this year. It just wouldnt look right. Maybe I will dress the outside!

Hmmm, well.... I won't dress up the Chnatilly or the Aster but I will defnitley shift the houses and roomboxes ar ound a little so that my haunted school (in a Primrose) as well as the witchy scratch built tower will be the focal points when entering my craft room and I might even pu t a pumpkin or two in the shopping windows of DH's bike shop to see if he notices... :holloween:

Hugs

I did, I did :holloween: I "dressed" my Garfield for Halloween. If you click on my name IAK you can see it in my personal picture. I used the Haunted Swap items and added a couple things of my own

Irene your Garfield looks good all Halloweeny :holloween: .

I'm not decorating mine for Halloween, it's all topsy turvy with working on the addition and the sidewalk. I'm hoping to have it cleaned up so I can decorate for christmas.

I have in the past decorated the Granville for Halloween but now I have a haunted house and I have moved it to the living room for the fall. after Thanksgiving I will move the Glencroft back and put the Mckinley in the Livingroom for Christmas.

Happy Haunting in mini places!

nutti :wave:

aww reading all your decorating ideas and seeing your pictures makes me want me willowcrest to be completed so bad. I wish i still had my garfield so i could decorate it. in the mean time i will just keep pushing through with my willowcrest, my goal is to be done with it by december. because i MUST decorate it for xmas.

I don't currently have any halloweeny items to decorate a dollhouse with...and no completed dollhouse to decorate, come to think of it. I look foward to starting to collect "stuff" so next year I can partake in the festivities! :wave:

I don't currently have any halloweeny items to decorate a dollhouse with...and no completed dollhouse to decorate

all the better to make spooky....they have small cobweb pkgs at wal-mart for 50cents or so.

and a bag of plastic spooky critters will probably run you a couple of bucks.

armed with just those things you could make an uncompleted house look old and abandoned.

I did, I did :wave: I "dressed" my Garfield for Halloween. If you click on my name IAK you can see it in my personal picture. I used the Haunted Swap items and added a couple things of my own

I love your halloween decor!!!!!!!!! .....and your Garf!

One of these years i plan to have one dollhouse to change decor seasonally :wave:

Thanks Nutti! I added more lights this year. I had the orange lights from Halloween parties in the past and added them around the landscape table this year. The little lighted pumpkins I had from last year. This year I added the moon and the lights on the balcony. I told Brian about the purple lights they had at Michael's and he said "so why didn't you get them?" Well, needless to say I ran right over there in the middle of a lightening storm last night to get them. :wave: Good thing too, because it was the last package! Oh and the best thing . . . it was all on sale at half price!! :wave:

Who knows what will transpire next year! :w00t:

One can always start a little smaller, with perhaps a small freee standing mini decoration or perhaps a roombox, that way one can add to the collection of haunted minis and moved them into the house when the house itself is ready?

Hugs

:hide:

I wish I had a Haunted House to decorate for Halloween this year.

Susanne . . . aren't you going to dress up your Beacon Hill? That might help get the 'decorating bug' out of you! :hide:

Yup, I'm going to decorate the Beacon Hill. I really like how you did yours Teresa. It looks so warm and inviting. I especially love the front porch.

I'm deciding if I'm going to have to relocate the resident father as he's taken up painting and is set up on the balcony right now.

I'm not going to decorate for Thanksgiving, but Halloween ... I've got a few costumed trick or treaters. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to finish up the rest of the costumes. I've got them all cut out, I just have to sew.

Would you believe that this coming weekend is Thanksgiving up here in Canada???

I hadn't even realized it until I was listening to the weather report on the radio this morning. They said that the weather looked good for the Thanksgiving weekend. I thought it was the next weekend.

Oh well, I don't think Ray and I will bother with anything special this year. With Dudley gone, I just don't have the heart to cook a turkey. Dudley so enjoyed the turkey.

-Susanne

Oh well, I don't think Ray and I will bother with anything special this year. With Dudley gone, I just don't have the heart to cook a turkey. Dudley so enjoyed the turkey.

Oh, Susanne, I'm sorry! How hard it must be for you when those 'special' occasions come about. Maybe pizza will be on the menu?

I was looking on the calendar this morning and noticed it was going to be Canadian Thanksgiving . . . makes me homesick . . . mostly for my brother-in-law's home pumpkin pies and my mom's perogies and cabbage rolls . . . yummmmm!! Speaking of pumpkin pie . . . Brian told me he wanted pumpkin pie for his birthday on the 17th. Who has pumpkin pie as their 'cake'??? ;) He's so strange . . . but I love him anyway!

I can't wait to see your little goblins decorating your Beacon Hill! Have a 'Happy Thanksgiving'!! :hide:

Brian told me he wanted pumpkin pie for his birthday on the 17th. Who has pumpkin pie as their 'cake'???

hmmmmm my son Jason request and recieves a whole Pumpkin pie to himself every year for his Birthday

the 28th of Nov....sometimes his birthday is Thanksgiving. he doesnt care for cake. and Pumpkin pie is his favorite.

makes my cooking easier that way around that time of the year!

wow you have thanksgiving before halloween? i never knew that! wow I guess you learn something new every day huh? i cannot wait to see those custome trick or treaters. i cannot wait to finish my willowcrest so i can start making all the cute little odds and ends for it. im trying SO hard to be patinet and not rush this house.. haha its VERY hard.

-jenny