Haven't been on in ages

Just One More

I haven't posted here in ages. I have 12 completely furnished houses and have just run out of room. I have my largest one still on a table in my living room window and two others in the LR. Two I have displayed in each of two bedrooms and the others have their furniture in boxes in the houses, back to back, in the basement or wherever they will fit. I don't want to sell them because some have wallpaper etc. no longer available and I put so much work into them. Lots of my pictures are here in the gallery. I collect American Girl dolls and My Twinn dolls also so my house is like a toy store. It's just overwhelming sometimes and I don't know what to do. I really like all my collections but there is no one where I live at all interested in even seeing them.

I've had computer problems twice where I had to FedEx it to my SIL to fix. He can do it remotely now if it isn't too bad a fix. I'm still not good at using my computer. So anyway.....I'll try and figure out how to deal with having too much of a good thing and try and keep in touch here more often. I never learned how to put pictures in from when the changes were made way back. I do have quite a few in the gallery though if anyone is interested, and nothing new to add now anyway. I got the Jefferson 1/2 scale on sale awhile back and just haven't gotten it started yet. :bear:

• Like 1

Welcome back Pat! Missed you!

Half scale may be the answer to your building dreams. It takes very little work space, and the houses will fit on a shelf, but there is still lots of detail to satisfy (IMO). I'm curious about the half scale Jefferson and Willow, but haven't gotten one of those kits yet. I'll watch your Jefferson build with interest.

Glad you're back!

I found some wallpaper I had in half scale and will just stain the floors. I made the Fairfield years ago and sold it but kept all the furniture so just have to get started. I wish GL would make it in 1/12 scale and I'd find a place for it for sure. It's one of my favorite floor plans. The Jefferson and Willow are favorites too. I'd like to build the 1/12 scale laser cut Jefferson.

Welcome back Pat! I still remember your Pierce porch roof saga to this day.

I can relate to the not having enough space and the feelings of being overwhelmed. I recently down sized my collection with a combination of selling/donating and gifting dollhouses. I figure I enjoyed them while I assembled them and had them. Now I have photos of them and I'm also going to revisit my all time favorites by building them again with added details...lol Dollhouses are a never ending hobby.

Glad to see you back!

• Like 2

Welcome back Pat! I still remember your Pierce porch roof saga to this day.

I can relate to the not having enough space and the feelings of being overwhelmed. I recently down sized my collection with a combination of selling/donating and gifting dollhouses. I figure I enjoyed them while I assembled them and had them. Now I have photos of them and I'm also going to revisit my all time favorites by building them again with added details...lol Dollhouses are a never ending hobby.

Glad to see you back!

I hope when I get started again and want to show pictures, people will click on my Picasa link at the bottom of my posts. That's the only way I can share pictures. It's mostly my dolls now but I'll add albums of my minis as I get going. Even that is tricky since my SIL had to fix my computer. There are lots of older pictures in the gallery here and I don't even remember some of them. I was really busy building for quite awhile.

Hi Pat

Nice to "meet" you! I have just had a look at your albums and you have some very pretty dolls and houses. And Toby is just the cutest doggie ever!!!

I've only started my first build recently (the Lily) and my husband is already asking me where am I going to put it? He doesn't realize I have a Garfield in a box and plan on getting a Brimble's Mercantile soon hehehehehe.

• Like 1

Hi Pat

Nice to "meet" you! I have just had a look at your albums and you have some very pretty dolls and houses. And Toby is just the cutest doggie ever!!!

I've only started my first build recently (the Lily) and my husband is already asking me where am I going to put it? He doesn't realize I have a Garfield in a box and plan on getting a Brimble's Mercantile soon hehehehehe.

Thank you. I have many pictures here in the Greenleaf Gallery from awhile ago also. The Picasa albums are mostly dolls now. I've had Toby about six months. I got him at the shelter. He's a Toller retriever mix. I've always had just cats, three now, and a dog takes some getting used to. The cats are finally tolerating him. None of my pets bother my houses or dolls except one kitty who loves to take pillows and baskets out of the houses.

I hope to start staining the floors today on my 1/2 scale Jefferson. I always did that on full size houses so hope it looks OK. I stain the stairs and baseboards too. I'll have to order the interior doors for the bed rooms. I may cut an opening in the floor to the attic because I like to have stairs there too. The thinner wood will be easier to do that. Being laser cut, I'm hoping the window frames inside and out will be nice looking. I always bought upgraded windows for all but one of my 1/12 Jeffersons. I'll take some pictures when the shell is together. :bear:

• Like 1

The window frames in half scale laser are very nice. The only thing I typically do is use an emery board to take of the tiny connection spots, if any, and smooth out any curved cuts. But they don't need much. Looking forward to your photos :)

I stained the floors and they came out nice so I stained all the window trims, stairs pieces, fireplace pieces and just about everything but the inner and outer walls and ceilings before punching out. LOL. I'll seal the inner walls for wallpaper and paint the ceilings. I haven't decided on the exterior yet other than the roof. It's smaller than I expected. The Fairfield seemed bigger. I wish I hadn't sold that now. I'll probably varnish all the stained parts now with my water based varnish I always use. Those tiny window frames would be a pain to do after punching out. The cut pieces on laser cut are dark so that makes it easy unless you choose to paint. I really like the larger houses but it is nice not to have the entire kitchen taken over with dollhouse parts.

• Like 1

Thank you. The dolls have taken over a lot of room. The dollhouses have to be right on the edge of the tables so my Kitty, Twiggy won't take the pillows and baskets. She still manages somehow to snag them but not as much. Now that I have the dog, he will chew up anything she knocks out on the floor. I used to find the little pillows and baskets on the floor, now I find the pieces all chewed. I usually catch him before he swallows any. Thank goodness she doesn't knock any of the furniture out. What surprises me is neither the cats or the dog bother the dolls at all. The cats will cuddle up and sleep with one on the bed but they never chew them. Some people in the doll club I'm in have problems with pets and doll chewing. One has a cat that will chew off eyelashes. I think my fur babies think the dolls are little people.

• Like 1