A trip to Michaels this morning put me in the holiday mood..

Ms. Mini

Well I had to make a short trip to Michaels (craft store) this morning because I have lost my glue gun.. And I am SO in the holiday spirt now! I couldnt stop "oooing" and "awwwing" at all the cute halloween stuff. They had a whole section of halloween miniature towns! I saw the cutest pack of mini halloween trick or treat bags. I almost bought them but stayed focus on my mission.. getting a glue gun.. THEN I passed the CHRISTMAS section! aww man! then I was lost in that for awhile. All the cute little things, little ideas of what I will be making this year.. *sigh* I love this time of year! I had the greatest idea for what I will be making for gifts this year! They sell this 1inch scale wooden cabinets that are completely bare at Michaels. Im going to get a bunch of them (already ahve 6 in my craft box) and decorate them xmas style.. THEN I'm going to turn them into xmas ordinments and paint peoples names on them! what do you think?

I think that will be a fun project this year. Every year I make some sort of craft for my closets friends and fam, last year I made nightlights. but i think it woud be fun to add a touch of "minis" to everyones presents this year.

anyways just wanted to share my joy with you all!

hooray for fall!!

-Jenny ;)

They sell this 1inch scale wooden cabinets that are completely bare at Michaels. Im going to get a bunch of them (already ahve 6 in my craft box) and decorate them xmas style.. THEN I'm going to turn them into xmas ordinments and paint peoples names on them! what do you think?

do you mean the hutches?

I LOVE to decorate them. I have made several Christmas ones and at this moment am into making Halloween or Haunted hutches...just sold my first one on e-bay a few days ago.

I think they would make wonderful gifts. when Hobby Lobby has their 50% off mini Christmas Ornaments you can find lots of goodies to fill out these hutches.

these are 3 that we made last yrpost-9-1159734655_thumb.jpg and these are 2 of the hutches I made for Halloween. the black one is the one I sold. post-9-1159734719_thumb.jpg

have fun with them and please post photos

post-9-1159734816_thumb.jpg this is the hutch I made for my haunted house.

LOVE those Micheals Hutches

Happy creating

nutti ;)

OO Nutti you are SO amazingly talented. Those hutches are beautiful. yes that is EXACTLY what I was talking about! I just think that making something like that and turning it into an ordiment would be darling. I always was just thinking about as I was working on my willowcres that customizing each one to represent the person they were for would be a nice touch as well. Those pictures are beautiful nutti thank you so much for sharing those with me! and congrats for selling the halloween one! its soo cute! I will be putting pics up of mine for sure once I start working on them ;)

-Jenny

Nutti, I saw your hutches on eBay, and even though they were totally outside what

I was looking for, they were so beautiful that I stopped and looked-- long-- at them. I had no idea you were the seller. You are really talented. Thank you for sharing the pix. :D

oh my Bee I hope you have the right hutch in mind...coz I have only had one on e-bay so far...last week

just put another one up today and hope to put 2 more up in a couple of days.

the new ones are not going to be Halloween hutches. just regular old hutches.

and soon I will put some Christmas ones up to see how they might do.

nutti :D

Hooray Holly,

Congrats on selling your first hutch. I have to say - even though I love your halloween hutches - I'm also totally impressed with your Christmas ones!! I only wish the picture enlarged more :D My favorite is the one on the far right - How awesome would that be in a Santa house? Very! :p

-David :)

Hooray Holly,

Congrats on selling your first hutch. I have to say - even though I love your halloween hutches - I'm also totally impressed with your Christmas ones!! I only wish the picture enlarged more B) My favorite is the one on the far right - How awesome would that be in a Santa house? Very! :p

-David B)

Soooo true!!!! Hmmm, will have to sweet talk the Aster to see if I somehow could persuade it to hold a hutch in it... You siad you were going to put them up for auction now didn't you???? :blink:

Hugs

Jenny, this site belongs to an amazing miniaturist:

http://www.wannainelpaso.com/

If you go to her tutorials she shows how she "bashed" and/or decorated Michaels' Hutches. Her work is wonderful - check out the rest of her stuff, too!

Nutti, I love what you did with the hutches - you are so talented!

At our Michaels Store they have the Halloween aisle tarped with a black roof. All of the light up Halloween ornaments are lit, and Halloween sounds are being played. It's such a delightful experience.

Nutti, I really like the way you've decorated the Michaels' hutches. It's a great Halloween idea. I'm working on some chairs for porches right now.

This time of the year with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, there are so many minis to create. I need more mini time!!!!

BTW, I'd put in a bid on a cute little mini baby witch ... somebody beat me ... I'm upset. I really wanted that baby witch. I'm hoping that the seller will make some more similar to this one. I'd love to give a couple of mini witches to my granddaughters for Halloween.

Oh well, I'll head over to the Post Office. While I was out with my mum and dad, the Postman left a parcel notice in the mailbox. Hopefully it's some minis.

-Susanne

I went to Michaels a little over a month ago to look at their halloween stuff....wanted to find some decor for my dollhouses, (i ended up only finding some pumpkins but found the lemax spooky town stuff (village) caught my eye....we now have a huge village under way. I have some pic's of the items in my webshots, i'll have a gazillion more to add tomorrow. THe village is going to be huge! I have completely fallen in love with this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to do a year round display. We cleared out one of the spare bedrooms and will build up mountains etc for this village...kinda like a train set up really. It's pretty cool. Just gotta download the rest of the pictures from the camera!

newest creations

post-9-1159928153_thumb.jpg post-9-1159928191_thumb.jpg post-9-1159928220_thumb.jpg

Im sorry for the cross posting...I know I put these up somewhere but I have no idea where :wave:

I think doing a whole Halloween village thing is a very kewl idea! I cant wait to see what you come up with

nutti :yahoo:

I went to Michaels a little over a month ago to look at their halloween stuff....wanted to find some decor for my dollhouses, (i ended up only finding some pumpkins but found the lemax spooky town stuff (village) caught my eye....we now have a huge village under way. I have some pic's of the items in my webshots, i'll have a gazillion more to add tomorrow. THe village is going to be huge! I have completely fallen in love with this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to do a year round display. We cleared out one of the spare bedrooms and will build up mountains etc for this village...kinda like a train set up really. It's pretty cool. Just gotta download the rest of the pictures from the camera!

OMG Margarita!! ive ALWAYS wanted to do that!! I cannot wait to see your picture, someday when i have a house, that is my plan. that sounds SOOO neat!!

The Michael's here has cupboards that look like dollhouses. :wave: The little hutches are the perfect size furniture to use in these cupboards. They also have a CD case that looks like a 2 story house and magazine holders that look like a doll house. I'm thinking of getting the CD cases and making room boxes out of them. :wave: I've also gotten a shadow box that I'm going to make into a costume shop for my best friend for Christmas. She owns a costume shop here in our town. (I work part time for her, designing and sewing costumes.) Has anyone tried to make a room box in a hat box? I'd like to try making a milliner's shop in one.

lyn

Has anyone tried to make a room box in a hat box? I'd like to try making a milliner's shop in one.

in Chicago at the Tom Bishop show a lady was setting up to give just such a class next to where we were working!

she had the most wonderful hat and gloves and fans in kit form...I know Linda and I and Tracy all had some in our bags before she was done setting up. and i have to say of all the classes being given that week...if I hadnt been taking Riks I would have done the hat box!

it was absolutly wonderful!

maybe Tracy or Linda will know who she was and if she has a website.

I wish I would have taken some photos of it! :pinch: :wave:

nutti :wave:

Hi Nutti!

Teehee, I bid on the item you are selling (on ebay I am mcmuffin324), the hutch and chest set. When I saw the seller's name, I thought to myself, "Hmm, I just bet this is the same nuttiwebgal that's on the Greenleaf Forum!" And lo and behold, here ya are! :wave:

I love it! I decided finally this morning what I wanted to do with my haunted house. It's going to be a witch's home, so I started scoping out items on eBay today to fill my witch's home with.

And I THOUGHT I recognized the shape of that hutch! I have several myself! :teehee:

We got a start at Mickey's. Kinda got us in da mood. We scooped the Mausoleum, Gothic Ruins, Living Dead (sounds like me), Pillager ship, The Isle of Doom Lighthouse and a bunch of smaller bits. We've since discovered Hallmark Dept. 56 and a ton of retired pieces, including the Hanted Fountain and Monster's Ball. BTW, unless you really want to get in over your head stay well away from this stuff. It's addictive. Our count based on receipts is over 1500, best guess is a tad over 2 thou. :wave:

I added more photos of the village to my webshots. I didn't include all of the accessories photos, i just got bored. There are lights and a few more fences and things as well. I still have a few buildings on my wishlist, but pretty much have everything i wanted for the village. We need to get another table and spread the items out on since they are all so squished together. We plan to build mountains and have the buildings along a back part of the hill and some down in front so that you can see them all when it's completed. Basically the village will be built in the hills. The name of our village is Silent Hill and the "good" side of town will be "ravenswood". It will have a good side of town, a carnival section (where normal folk and spooky folk will intermingle), a cemetary section, a witch section, a spooky section, then a pirates cove. It's gonna be so cool! This is just another form of miniatures, and the fun part about it is that the buildings are already built and we can just put the village together! THis is a big part of the reason i haven't been working on my dollhouses lately, all my funds have gone to purchasing pieces for the village. :)

This all started with a simple trip to michael's :woot:

Anyway, now that i have most of the stuff i want, i'll focus more on buying stuff i need to build my dollhouses.

This certainly sounds as if you are enjoying yourself immensly and I do envy you that you will have the space for it along with thepossibilities to build it up like this.

Will drool over the pics later on I hope!!!

Hugs