And you thought YOU could landscape.......

rodentraiser

Impressive, but how would one keep bugs off of them (chocolate, jelly beans, sugar...)?

I didn't get the impression that these were meant to survive for any length of time. Once the photo effect is achieved, there's no need to keep the components.

What bugs? Once the photo was taken, I'd be eating the chocolate and the nuts. Actually, I think there's a technique to finishing food items the same as Fimo items to keep bugs off of them. Not sure what it is, but I imagine it would be like putting a coat of varnish or something on them.

And you guys are all welcome! I looked at those pictures and was properly humbled. And I think I'll stick to what I know about dollhouses. That's this | | much.

• Like 1

Kelly: First, :lol: :roflmao: :yum: ,Me too!! Second,I've read of coating mini food made of bread dough with either shellac or varnish (Or are they the same thing-I really don't know!) There are those who swear they've never had bugs or deterioration of anything treated this way. I have never tested it out...But I've noticed there are an awful lot of artists/artisans who make or build or create,etc. their works,then photograph and dismantle... I even saw an article once in Dollhouse Miniatures magazine where a woman created these cartoonish animal characters in very detailed scenes where just about everything was made of clay, then it was photographed and everything took apart. Seems a waste to me,but to each their own,of course! I do love the shower curtain idea!! Cool!