They said TONS of printables ...

Guest Happy Heart

I'm glad Casey mentioned Pinterest. It is an invaluable resource tool for our hobby! You can find mini printables,mini tutorials,multiple versions of just about every dollhouse model you can think of,and a multitude of other mini and dollhouse related things.Yes,you may have to go through a few images,but it's a fun ride and you'll always find something else to bookmark and check out later! And no,they aren't paying me to say all that!:)

• Like 1

Kat, I don't belong to pinterest. I let other people do the work. If you do a search for just about anything, you will get what everyone else took all of that time to collect. Without all of the time wasted collecting...I cheat a lot...

• Like 1

Oh,but I love the collecting part!:D Having various photos of one dollhouse model or another all in one spot,so others can conveniently find the model they are planning to build and be able to see lovely examples of how versatile the different models are and how much fun it is to be in this hobby,it's just fun for me.

I don't have a printer,so I guess that will have to be the next thing I look into,so I can also enjoy these printable sites!! :)

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

Taking this thread back (after it got hijacked). The original link might be broken, but I saved most of the files if anyone wants them.

If you're going to have them printed at a commercial printer like Kinko's or DocuMart, etc., they prefer that you email the file to them. They're a bit leery about inserting your flash drive into their machine, as they don't know where it has been or what nasties it may have picked up, especially if it has been in a school or library computer.

I love all of these, but I don't have a color laser printer. Do they sell printed sheets of these anywhere?

For those of you without any or with inadequate printers, you can save these things to your computer, adjust them to your preferences and then resave them onto a flash drive.

You can then take them to a friends house, a copy center such as they have at the office supply stores, or at a public facility that allows printing, such as a library, town hall or school and print them there. If you want a specific kind of paper, you can provide your own and voila, you have your copies.

Itsy Bitsy Minis and Paper Minis both provide preprinted items.

Another thought is to upload them to one of the pharmacy photo centers and print them that way.

• Like 1

If you are going to have the paper printed at a commercial printer like Kinko's or DocuMart, they prefer you to email the file to them. They don't like to put a customer's flash drive into their computers since they don't know what bugs it may have picked up, especially if it has been used in school or library or other public use computers.

Guest Happy Heart

For those of you without any or with inadequate printers, you can save these things to your computer, adjust them to your preferences and then resave them onto a flash drive.

You can then take them to a friends house, a copy center such as they have at the office supply stores, or at a public facility that allows printing, such as a library, town hall or school and print them there. If you want a specific kind of paper, you can provide your own and voila, you have your copies.

Itsy Bitsy Minis and Paper Minis both provide preprinted items.

Another thought is to upload them to one of the pharmacy photo centers and print them that way.

If you don't want to clog your computer with graphics files, or have a small hard drive and have no room to store them, email them to yourself using hotmail or yahoo (or gmail, another web-based storage mail service).

• Like 1

When I clicked the link it said the files have been removed :(

If you are referring to Sheree's album, it has been gone quite a while due to copyright concerns. I just double checked all the ones that folks have entered in the past couple weeks and they all work fine. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure to which plans you refer but if you mean those Girl Mechanic ones then they are freely available online. I doubt there is a bone fide copyright issue. It may be that the people currently marketing the plans and booklet commercially would like us to think they also own the copyright but I doubt it!

Not sure to which plans you refer but if you mean those Girl Mechanic ones then they are freely available online. I doubt there is a bone fide copyright issue. It may be that the people currently marketing the plans and booklet commercially would like us to think they also own the copyright but I doubt it!

Just wanted to clarify one thing - the book I bought called "The Girl Mechanic" is a copyrighted book. Copyright 2009 by Hearst Communications, Inc. It contains a very strongly worded caution about not using the plans for resale without express permission from the copyright holder. It is a reproduction of the original with the rights being incorporated in this new version.

We need to be careful as artists and builders about copyrights if we are intending to sell anything that we build from plans we come across or ideas we see online. It's a nuisance to track them down sometimes but we should still be honorable about trying so the credit goes to the right sources.

The art deco house plans that Mike was working on, is in this book but it is also in a Popular Mechanics online magazine.

Me,too,Roxy-when I finally get a printer that will be my first stop. You can find just about anything you want to find or learn about dollhouses and minis on Pinterest-it's better than Googling sometimes! :)