They said TONS of printables ...

Guest Happy Heart

Guest Happy Heart

Wow! Thanks for the link Jéan :) What a great resource.

YVW, they said TONS and they MEANT it! Each one of those pages is an album of printies.

I only use printables and scrapbook paper.I print on cardstock,spray with spray fix ,on the back too it it is red or a dark colour (helps prevent bleeding).I use a thin coat of tacky glue...works great and the cardstock makes sure it doesn't wrinkle :)

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

Wow....you don't normally find so much copyright infringement all in one place like that.

I didn't compile the site, I was just trying to be helpful to those who enjoy miniatures as a hobby.

I realize that...I just know how I would feel if I wrote and sold a book and it was distributed for free without my permission around the internet. "Printies" is one thing but I wonder how Ruth Hanke feels about her entire book being given away for free.

• Like 1

I realize that...I just know how I would feel if I wrote and sold a book and it was distributed for free without my permission around the internet. "Printies" is one thing but I wonder how Ruth Hanke feels about her entire book being given away for free.

Jean, thanks for sharing. As you said, you shared it, you didn't post the photos. I like compilation sites.

Karin, I was thinking the same thing when I was browsing this site. Its one thing if an author or a publishing company decides to make an item free on the web. I teach mostly graduate level mathematics and there are a few books that have been released legally but lately I've seen many math (and other books) on sites for download.

I agree that printies are different but I also wonder about some of those as well. For example, if a company has produced a miniature wallpaper, they probably had to pay an artist to create it and it probably is under a copyright. Its so tough to know.

Guest Happy Heart

Jean, thanks for sharing. As you said, you shared it, you didn't post the photos. I like compilation sites.

Karin, I was thinking the same thing when I was browsing this site. Its one thing if an author or a publishing company decides to make an item free on the web. I teach mostly graduate level mathematics and there are a few books that have been released legally but lately I've seen many math (and other books) on sites for download.

I agree that printies are different but I also wonder about some of those as well. For example, if a company has produced a miniature wallpaper, they probably had to pay an artist to create it and it probably is under a copyright. Its so tough to know.

I remember an interview with Tom Cochrane where he said he wouldn't prosecute fans that downloaded his music because he realized more often than not that same fan would be more likely to make a purchase.

While my budget does not allow for much in entertainment, I DEFINITELY won't purchase ANYTHING from ANYONE who cares more about $$$ than fostering good rapport.

• Like 1

I respect and admire Ruth Hanke as a fellow miniaturist and artist. She has worked hard to create a business and offer a nice product. She achieved enough notoriety in her life's work to be able to write and sell a book that I own and recommend. If anyone out there is interested in legally purchasing her book, you can find it for sale on her website hankypankycrafts for a modest price of $8.

• Like 1

Jean, I have posted Sherree's site on my blog and on the forum several times in the past. I know of other sites like this. Another that comes to mind prints whole copies of American Miniaturist magazine. https://picasaweb.google.com/ingeborg.spoor?authuser=0. I think that the reason that they can get away with it is the fact that they are usually European sites. If you put miniature printables in the search box at the top of the picasa page, you will find lots of them. Some are great. Some not so great. It just depends on how much time you have to search.

Karin, this is why so many artist and artisans DON'T share their how too's to others. Its for the reason you mentioned. Too much copyright infringement. She has shared and given Free tutorials over the years. I know this is why many dont have written instructions teaching folks how to recreate their art.

I noticed that Sherree has not added anything since 2009. These are mainly printables. I try not to use any that are questionable, but I do use food packaging and other things that she has done herself. Face it. It is easier than trying to resize real packages yourself.

• Like 1

Thanks! OH WOW Heavens to Mercatoud!

something I heard adults say when I was little like many many years ago lol

LOL!! Had to laugh when I saw this. In our house, it was "Heavens to Mergatroyd!"

• Like 1