Heidi Ott

grazhina

The decision was made in Switzerland last week. Heidi Ott's wholesale prices have skyrocketed during the past year or two is all I know. I reordered the working sewing machines and was going to reorder a few other things, but their prices have gone up again since I ordered them a few months ago, so I just got the sewing machines while I still could.

Switzerland might be fun! We could bring miniatures and chocolate home!

Seriously, this is very strange. I would have thought that the American miniature market was really strong.

Hmmmm

I hadn't heard but I just checked Handley House (one of the major mini wholesalers) and they've expanded their Heidi Ott section so they must have stocked up. That should keep retailers stocked for awhile longer so I don't think her work will be obsolete here in the states for awhile altho I'm sure that the prices will be marked up in accordance with how much the market is willing to pay. I shouldn't have gone looking because not only do they have those fab library stairs that I've been wanting, but they have teeny, tiny toy train sets and I've just fallen in love. <sigh> Oh Ms Ott, why do you always do this to me. LOL!

Deb

I hadn't heard but I just checked Handley House (one of the major mini wholesalers) and they've expanded their Heidi Ott section so they must have stocked up. That should keep retailers stocked for awhile longer so I don't think her work will be obsolete here in the states for awhile altho I'm sure that the prices will be marked up in accordance with how much the market is willing to pay. I shouldn't have gone looking because not only do they have those fab library stairs that I've been wanting, but they have teeny, tiny toy train sets and I've just fallen in love. <sigh> Oh Ms Ott, why do you always do this to me. LOL!

Deb

Deb, I have 1 of each of those train sets (I might even have 2 of one of them), and they are amazing in person! You need one. :)

I have ordered directly from Widdowsons Ltd. Postage seemed reasonable and so were the prices. I found this site when I was looking for the pupils desk. Should check out their prices.