Stained Glass Sky Light

MiniMadWoman

I created a sky light tonight for the third floor of my Beacon Hill and have posted pictures in my blog if you're interested in looking! :o You will also see that I FINALLY found the right wallpaper and have added baseboards (well, I don't know that you can actually see the baseboards). :(

Here's a little teaser . . .

post-267-1157520546_thumb.jpg

<stunned silence>

Oh......

Oh my..........

Teresa, it's absolutely *breathtaking*!! I don't think there are enough adjectives in the english language to say how beautiful it is. I'm going to have to learn another language to be able to express how much I like it!

<standing and applauding>

Deb

:o :p :wub: :wub:

I am with Deb!

when I do my Beacon Hill will you help me do one as well?

and chica I love those curtains!

it looks like a room in a real house!

and I love those curtains!!

hey...did I mention I loved the curtains!

lol the stain glass needs no accolades it is incredibly perfect!

nutti :(

{{Standing and bowing}}

Thank you so much everyone!! I know I've done a good job when you all tell me so!! :o

when I do my Beacon Hill will you help me do one as well?

Nutti, when you build your Beacon Hill I WILL MAKE you a stained glass panel. Just let me know the style and colors (I already know the size . . . hee, hee)! You can PM me when you're ready and I can help you select a style if you like! Heck, if you want it beforehand for incentive, I can do that too!! Why wait? is my motto!! :(

The curtains came from here http://www.ruthellens.faithweb.com/index.html They were $12 in her 'sample drape clearance' link. They are wonderfully made too! I'm saving my pennies right now to order a bedroom set from her to.

Teresa it's spectacular, beautiful, a real work of art!!! I'm speechless! Well, actually, I'm never speechless :( but I am VERY impressed!

Hey -- why don't you submit a how to on this room for the new magazine? Bet Calamari would GO NUTS for it!

Nutti, when you build your Beacon Hill I WILL MAKE you a stained glass panel. Just let me know the style and colors

the style will be gothic

any colors of blue or purples or reds

blues are always best for me :p

this is one of those in my head projects for someday

my big one and only "bash"

Willowcrest/Beacon Hill

munsters meet the Addams family

with that style....

it ought to be interresting!...SOMEDAY :(

nutti :o

the style will be gothic

with that style....

it ought to be interresting!...SOMEDAY :(

nutti :o

:p Now that's a theme I'm looking forward too -- hope someday isn't toooo long in coming!

<stunned silence>

Oh......

Oh my..........

Teresa, it's absolutely *breathtaking*!! I don't think there are enough adjectives in the english language to say how beautiful it is. I'm going to have to learn another language to be able to express how much I like it!

<standing and applauding>

Deb

Yeah! What she said!

It's beautiful Teresa! I LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks again everyone!!

this is one of those in my head projects for someday

my big one and only "bash"

Willowcrest/Beacon Hill

Nutti, now that's something I'm really looking forward to seeing! I hope 'someday' isn't too far off! I'll keep my eyes open for 'gothic' patterns. You know where to find me when you're ready for the glass!! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
I created a sky light tonight for the third floor of my Beacon Hill and have posted pictures in my blog if you're interested in looking! :o You will also see that I FINALLY found the right wallpaper and have added baseboards (well, I don't know that you can actually see the baseboards). :lol:

Here's a little teaser . . .

post-267-1157520546_thumb.jpg

I was volunteering my time for a United Way project. The place where I volunteered was originally the home of a very wealthy local businessman. We got to organize the library of this beautiful home. The home is now used by women and children of the city. The lady who runs the house mentioned that they were lucky not to have money to fix the house(remodel and update) so the house still is very victorian. When I looked up the staircase at the ceiling( the stairs were open to the third floor) I was amazed to see a real stained glass skylight. Your miniature in real life. It was beautiful. I wish I had a camera to take a picture to post here. I hope to someday make one for a house I am building. Thanks for the inspiration! :p

Thanks Peggy and furkids! :lol:

When I looked up the staircase at the ceiling( the stairs were open to the third floor) I was amazed to see a real stained glass skylight. Your miniature in real life. It was beautiful. I wish I had a camera to take a picture to post here. I hope to someday make one for a house I am building. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks Sharon! What a compliment to know that my miniature version coincides with real life!! :D If you do get a chance to get a picture, that would be worth seeing!!