Swan House Miniatures

MerriMagic

Hi Angie. It's several days after placing my post, and I still do not have any indication that this company intends to ship me my merchandise, refund me my money, or offer to credit my account. I will write them one more time, today, and ask for the status of my order.

I'll let you know when and if they answer. I'm sorry that you too have had trouble in the past. Kathie, I've given them more time because they are a well known company, and I don't want to condemn someone for unusually bad service because it does affect their reputation. For me, three times is the charm. If they don't reply after a fourth query, then I'm more willing to take action.

I have called their company. I got their voice mail. I have not heard back from them.

If you used a credit card rather than a debit card, a charge back should be easy to get with a call to the cc company. I've had to charge back 2 different things over the years and the credit card company credited my account right away. I've also dealt with this from the business end. Credit card companies almost always side with the cardholder in small disputes. This is why I try never to use my debit card online. My bank will not credit my account until the business has issued a refund. Sorry for your bad transaction, frustrating!

Banks warn not to use debit cards for online purchases. Debit cards do not have the same protection as credit cards. That is why I always use Paypal, have since they started, wonderful service and no one gets my credit card number. Three times I have had a problem with online merchants - twice merchandise did not arrive when promised and once a merchant sent the wrong merchandise and then tried to bribe me to keep it. All 3 times I filed a dispute with Paypal and received refunds within 24 hours with no further aggravation on my part. GO PAYPAL!

Valerie

Swan House has lovely things. I waited about 6 weeks for my item and it came directly from the manufacturer. I too got the "it will ship next week". But they must be okay most of the time...many of their items are very exclusive and expensive. I dont think I would order from them again unless I knew the item was either in stock or they delay would be a while, up front. Good Luck. ps Try SP Miniatures, they have great items and ship super fast!!!)

Hi Jeanne I feel your frustration, my partner and have similar problem with a computer we bought from Cyberpower in dec and the liquid cooling stopped working on it so we sent that back to Cyberpower week after we got the computer well its now march they didn't answer our emails or calls or letters for almost 2 months when last week they finally answered and sent us the wrong part which arrived on friday of course so being weekend we can't do anything about this needless to say I completly feel your frustation and if anyone ever thinks of ordering from Cyberpower computers think twice do some research! :kicking:

Maybe we need a Better Business Bureau for miniatures. Don't laugh - I was into model horses for years and years ( a long while back) and believe it or not, there is a Model Horses BBB. The model horse industry seems to have matured to the point where there are a number of well regarded people in it now, and basically I think people use the MHBBB simply as a place to check out someone they've never bought from before. I'm not sure we couldn't use something like that in the miniatures business.

I tried to order from them before, but what papers I wanted were out of stock. I have been using Itsy Bitsy Mini for papers. They are really great and have a huge supply.

Keep us posted!

I have ordered from many stores. Every store will occasional have a problem with communication or whatever.

I have had problems with stores that have been mentioned in this thread.

Swan House Miniatures is a good store, just like the others that have been mentioned.

Addendum: today I recieved PART of my order. No invoice was provided. No explaination of where the rest of my order is.

Mary, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Any online purchase should be followed up with a 'real' invoice. And as a former business owner, I know that communication is very important, and the lack of it can result in a lack of trust that just doesn't make a customer comfortable about ordering again.

The fact that I STILL do not have any replies to my queries (after trying 5 times(!) to talk to them, and recieving no courtesy of a reply) says to me that their customers concerns mean very little to them or they would have made an effort to reply. While you consider them a good company, I do not, so I won't be buying from them again. So I guess you might say that if I were to give them a grade, they'd recieve a D minus from me.

Addendum: today I recieved PART of my order. No invoice was provided. No explaination of where the rest of my order is.

Mary, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Any online purchase should be followed up with a 'real' invoice. And as a former business owner, I know that communication is very important, and the lack of it can result in a lack of trust that just doesn't make a customer comfortable about ordering again.

The fact that I STILL do not have any replies to my queries (after trying 5 times(!) to talk to them, and recieving no courtesy of a reply) says to me that their customers concerns mean very little to them or they would have made an effort to reply. While you consider them a good company, I do not, so I won't be buying from them again. So I guess you might say that if I were to give them a grade, they'd recieve a D minus from me.

Jeanne, I am so sorry that you have not received your order and/or receipt. That's all that matters to me. I care about you more than any dollhouse store. :blink:

I know this topic has been open a while but after having this Discussion again with Dean recently, I have been told to please not review dollhouse shops here on the forum. Greenleaf thinks the best place to find reviews for any store is the BBB. Thanks everyone for doing this. We are working on a list of rules to have posted here on the forum so we can refer to them and know what topics are ok to post and which ones are not :wave: Jeanne, I really do hope you get the remainder of your order soon.