Beacon Hill Conservatory

MiniMadWoman

Well, I finally got my conservatory done! You can see pictures in my blog. Now, I just have to actually attach it to the Beacon Hill . . . not going to be an easy task! I'm afraid!! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teresa, I love your Beacon Hill! The conservatory looks beautiful! I too, have done those tiled floors, and that is right. It took me two or three evenings to do three floors. :D It is so wonderful to watch a house being saved, reminds me of my Strawberry Patch/ yard sale find that I am still working on. :lol:

I also absolutely love how you bashed the buttercup and the canterbury, it is adorable.

Thanks everyone! It really has been a labour of love! I'm going to work on getting it attached to the house sometime this week.

Lisa, once I get the conservatory and the Orchid done, I'm going to get back at that Canterbury/Buttercup. Hyacinth Bucket has about had it with her contractor! :D I bought some more paperclay yesterday, so I'm set to go! :lol:

I also wanted to tell you how much I love that conservatory!

it is a perfect addition to the Beacon Hill and it really does look like it was made to be a part of this house!

you did a great job on the floor!

is it furnished yet?

thanks for sharing with us!

nutti :D

I just love your bh! I've said it before and i'll say it again! you have done such an incredible job restoring the house and you have just made it even better with the beautiful conservatory. Well done! It's even more beautiful! marg

Your beacon hill is beautiful and you did a great job on the conservatory. :lol: The floor turned out great, I'm really going to have to try that for my flooring, it looks kind of intimidating :D but I won't know if I can do it until I try.

I'm in love with your house and the conservatory! I would love to do a conservatory, once I get finished with my Garfield. Babysitting duties have intervened for today, though. And that's what lights up my life in so many ways!

You should be very proud of your work...it's beautiful!

:D :lol: :o

Thanks again everyone! :D Your comments are what keeps me going!! ;)

Nutti, it isn't furnished yet . . . Wendy is going to be doing some wicker pieces for me in the fall and I'm bidding on two ladies head busts and rose pillars for two of the corners . . . oh ya . . . and a boatload of plants!! If anyone is bidding against me . . . better watch out . . . I'm on a mission!! :lol:

Annette, don't be intimidated . . . once you start and get the hang of it, it's really pretty simple . . . albeit hard on the index finger and very time consuming . . . but so worth it!! :o

Teresa, as always, your talent shows in everything you do. Your BH has always been my all time favorite house, but the conservatory just takes it to a new level. It's gorgeous! Do you know yet how you're going to attach it to the BH?

Deb

Thanks!!

Deb, this is my plan . . . I'm going to take off the bay window section in the kitchen (this is the part that's making me very nervous), build a skirt for under the conservatory (I'm going to use something thick like 1/4 or 1/2 inch plywood because the conservatory is heavy!) attach the conservatory to the house, fill in where necessary with wood strips and caulking (my best friend), repair the siding on the house, paint and keep my fingers crossed that it all works!! :lol: Then I'm going to add some stairs from the french doors out into what will be a gorgeous garden! I'm tired just thinking about it!! :o

Okay, now that I got the plan on paper, I'm going to print this so I remember what I said!! :D

I love it. The house and the conservatory. It is still hard to believe that this was rescued from the trash. You have done a magnificent job.

I can hardly wait to see what you do with your conservatory, it reminds me of Jo Bevilaqua? work that is in DHM...she is a marvelous artist with plants and the like.

Teresa, I got hooked on Hyacinth Bucket myself--it used to be Mom's favorite show. We used to absolutely love that show and are you being served? I even bought a couple of the shows on video for her birthday one year. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics, the periwinkle color is gorgeous in paperclay stucco!

Thanks Peggi and Lisa!! :lol:

Lisa, I LOVE "Keeping Up Appearances". Hyacinth is just a riot! I'm trying to convince Brian that I need the show on DVD . . . that way I can watch it whenever I'm blue (or should that be periwinkle?!!). :D I'm getting itchy to get working on the "Periwinkle Tea Cottage" again, but the Orchid and my conservatory are taking precedence right now . . . almost finished with both though!!

I love the way it looks, it really is beautiful. I dub thee--'dollhouse rescue fairy!' (I call myself that on my yardsaledollhousestory.blogspot.com ! :lol: It is hard to believe how much life you breathed into this house, and made it look so beautiful!!! :D

Isn't shopping on ebay addicting? I noticed some of your finds, they are really adorable.

I couldn't get over Hyacinth's sisters! Rose and Daisy just about made me laugh --especially the stints when they had to chase after 'daddy' :lol: Ever now and then I surf for it on the channels, but it would be better to have the shows on dvd. One place you might try is Sam's club, online they sometimes carry these complete shows, and so does Target. :lol:

Lisa, there should be a club "The Dollhouse Rescue Fairies"!! :lol:

Yes, eBay is addicting!! I think I'm ------this----- close---- to be banned again . . . I've been so good for the last few months but I'm catching up for lost time!! Oh well, I'll keep pressing my luck until the axe falls, or #*#* freezes over or the sky falls down!! :D

I got an online 15% off coupon for Barnes and Noble . . . I know they have the show on DVD in the video section . . . wonder if I can push my luck that far!! :lol:

Thanks!!

Deb, this is my plan . . . I'm going to take off the bay window section in the kitchen (this is the part that's making me very nervous), build a skirt for under the conservatory (I'm going to use something thick like 1/4 or 1/2 inch plywood because the conservatory is heavy!) attach the conservatory to the house, fill in where necessary with wood strips and caulking (my best friend), repair the siding on the house, paint and keep my fingers crossed that it all works!! :lol: Then I'm going to add some stairs from the french doors out into what will be a gorgeous garden! I'm tired just thinking about it!! :D

Cool!! That sounds like the perfect way of attaching it and very, very do-able. I'd be nervous about it too, but once you take that first whack at the bay window, it'll all come easy. After all, if you can re-do your real bathroom the way you did with such great results, this will be a cake walk. Are you going to blog the process? I'm sure a lot of BH owners would love to see how you do it. I haven't built mine yet, but I plan on adding on to that side so I'd love to see it too.

Deb

I agree with Deb, this should be a cake walk after the beautiful way you've finished the rooms. Especially having to refurbish someone else's mistakes!

I found some great bargains yesterday on ebay too, a book I've been wanting and an adorable cake for Miss Mabel's tea party. Unfortunately, Miss Mabel needs more substantial food than cake, that seems to be an addiction of hers!lol! This cake will probably be on the tea table outside of the cottage....

I've heard Barnes & Noble has great deals on the show series sets, and I am signed up for their coupons also! By any chance is 'hubby' <grin> the one who monitors your shopping habits! I always come clean, (after) the purchase is made--lol!

I look forward to the pics!!!