Hobby Lobby

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a morning trip planned for myself!

have my coupon printed and my clothes layed out!

oh and btw

miniatures .com is having 20% off sale now until 11:59 pm Aug 2nd

media code Wpc2621

just wanted to let my buddies know this also!

nutti ;)

Thanks a bunch Tracy! I'm going on Wednesday after my haircut . . . wait a minute . . . better check the date on that coupon . . .

oh good, I'm good for it!! ;)

Yes it does include the houses too. The problem is, I went to the 2 in my area today and the isle are bare. One only had 1 furniture kit out and the other only had 3 They had about 7 Real Good Toys houses each and about 3 orchid kits out. The wall paper was scarce (This is the 1st day of the sale) and the lights were not in big supply either ;) . I bet they stop carrying minis just like the other places .

Thanks! I called my mom on her cell phone and she was *at* Hobby Lobby! She didn't have the coupon with her of course, but they had Orchids, so she's going back to get one for me. I was debating between the Orchid and the Arthur to build for my niece for Christmas, but for 12.50 - she's getting the Orchid. Now I can afford furniture to go with the house. Her store seemed to have a somewhat decent supply of components, but not much in the way of houses either.

I was debating between the Orchid and the Arthur to build for my niece for Christmas, but for 12.50 - she's getting the Orchid.

;) That is a EXCELLENT price for certainty! :p Your neice will be so excited too.

well I stocked up on baseboards and chair rails and doorknobs

I was almost out of those things. I also bought the major part of my swap and got it 50% off also!

I bought books and candelabras and other things I have had my eye on. our miniature selection gets smaller and smaller and just at this moment realised I didnt see any Corona furniture kits anywhere :p

I like to keep my furniture kits well stocked....ya never know when you will need to toss together some for a house or other project!

it was a nice shopping day.

nutti ;)

Our local hobby lobby says the coupon does not include the dollhouses, and so did the person who responded to me through their website. Doesn't matter, the past 5 times I've gone to hobby lobby I've been sorely disappointed and have come to view going there as a waste of time .... for me. Not to mention a waste of gas.

Seems there should be some consistency ;) :p . I have used the coupon several times for houses. I have been looking for the iron bed they used to carry and of course, now I can't find any :p they were so cute and cost next to nothing (About $5 including a removable mattress). :o

Does Hobby Lobby let customers have multiple items on the same coupon? The craft store here (AC Moore ) limits 50% off coupons to only one item per customer and they make you sign the back of the coupon. ;)

HI. I work for Hobby Lobby and the 50% off coupon does *NOT* include dollhouses--only what is listed on the coupon-if you read it. It says nothing about dollhouses. The dollhouses do NOT go on sale---was just talking to the dollhouse lady today--however, the 40% coupon every other week or so DOES include dollhouses. Also, the 40% off coupon is good on only one item, not multiples of the same item as some may have been told-a letter just came from corporate that stated this as such. The only time there might be a dollhouse on sale is if it is damaged, incomplete (no instructions, etc) or discontinued.

I know some of you said that they include dollhouses in the sale, but this it WRONG--and should not be allowed, so if you are lucky enough to have one near you that IS selling the dollhouses with the coupon, they are breaking the rules.

Thanks for reading. Hope I have not upset anyone by this revelation.

Sandra

HI. I work for Hobby Lobby

so tell us...are the phazing out miniatures? our selection gets smaller and smaller

and Tracy I bought 2 of those beds a few sales ago and have never seen them again either.

and I would love to have 4 or 5 of them to dress for this or that project.

its so sad to see the decline in such a wonderful hobby!

I have never been able to use my coupon for a dollhouse at HL but than they dont particulaly carry any of the houses I drool for.

nutti ;)

Tracy I bought 2 of those beds a few sales ago and have never seen them again either.

and I would love to have 4 or 5 of them to dress for this or that project.

its so sad to see the decline in such a wonderful hobby!

Yes, Yes, enquiring minds want to know Honey dear. Are they getting rid of our hobby at hobby lobby ? ;) The supply has gotten so small.

My hobby lobby let's people use the 50% off coupon for the houses. A man in front of me had a quick build house by real good toys yesterday and he used the coupon on it (Building it for his grand daughter for X-mas).

I bought some items at Hobby Lobby about 2 weeks ago. The aisle was picked over, but there were some different items than the last time I went. I think they may periodically restock, but with a limited supply. Hopefully they won't be discontinuing the hobby. I have one just a couple minutes from my house.

Will the HBS coupon work today? The one on my catalog said it is only good on the 2nd. I have my wish list all ready to go, but if I can place my order today, then I would rather do that.

Stacey

I think they may periodically restock, but with a limited supply. Hopefully they won't be discontinuing the hobby.

Stacey

That's what they said, but I've been waiting a year just about for them to re-stock. Haven't seen it yet, and the aisle for miniatures is rapidly being covered over with other stuff ....

My nearest Hobby Lobby is in Columbia, MO, a 70-mile drive. They have had very little in their miniatures aisle this year. I don't even bother to try to cash in on the 50% coupon unless we have some other reason to be in Columbia that week. It's really too bad. There are always other shoppers there, looking but not finding. One of the clerks told me it was because shipments were slow, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. They can't have been slow for six months.

Well, they don't include houses at the HL near my parents house. My Dad went back today to get my Orchid and they wouldn't let him use the coupon. They told him to come back next week with the 40% off coupon. He did get me some flooring and stuff though. Oh well - it's only $2.50 more for the Orchid next week.

As far as the limited supply issue..well, the only thing that I was told was that they were getting ready to reset the aisles in the entire craft department and that they were keeping ordering to a minimum so they have less stuff to move. I am not sure if all of the stores are doing this or just ours (in Des Moines).

I happen to have the scrapbooking section under my control and they said the reset should be some time between now and December, with my section (going to be 9 aisles instead of the current 6) being moved closer to the front of the store with kids crafts and hobby crafts following up the rear of the procession. All I can say is "Get a move on already!" so that my aisles can hold all the stuff that I have in my backroom that I can't fit on the shelves. My guess is that the dollhouse section will be an entire aisle with the rest moving to another area, but that is just speculation.

I am sorry to hear that others are having trouble with the stocking of the dollhouses and their parts. Perhaps I can help with location some of the things that you guys are wanting. I know we have a huge selection of furniture currently, with some new stuff that I haven't seen before now.

Sandra

One of the clerks told me it was because shipments were slow, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. They can't have been slow for six months.

This sounds like someone either doesn't know or doesn't care. I would try talking to the person who takes care the kids crafts section and express to that person your desire to see more dollhouse stuff. If that seems to fall on deaf ears, try talking to the store manager--mine is very helpful and takes customer comments to heart. The girl that orders ours said that she plans to expand once she has more room. I guess from what she was telling me, that she can order a lot more, but doesn't because there isn't any room. Of course, our HL is basically the only place that we can get miniatures around here anymore because all the little mini shops have closed up for one reason or another.

Sandra

I just placed an order from miniatures.com for the 20% sale. I also got a new catalog today. When I ordered the stuff I wanted, a greenleaf furniture kit, it was listed at $12.95 but in the catalog it is $9.99 even with the discout it cost more than that.. I added a note with the order asking them to change the price on my order to the price that is listed in my new catalog.I hope they do it. Some one needs to pay attention to how they are pricing things.

the only thing that I was told was that they were getting ready to reset the aisles in the entire craft department and that they were keeping ordering to a minimum so they have less stuff to move. I am not sure if all of the stores are doing this or just ours (in Des Moines).

the Joplin store is a huge mess with all the rearranging! and trying to stock Christmas items.

I do so hope we will be seing more dollhouse items...and I think I will call the manager and place my concerns.

nutti ;)