Hobby Lobby

I figured the dishsoap in the rinse water because it helps acrylic paint adhere better to the polystyrene Chrysnbon plastic, I discovered how much better the brushes clean up as a side-line, sort of like lagniappe.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathie, I LOVE the shade of blue you are using on your Orchid! You are doing a Wonderful job on this! I can't wait to see more pictures! :lol: What is the actual paint color you have there?

I'm not sure what shade it is. I picked a color chip at Wal-Mart and had them mix up a quart of satin finish. The darker blue is Cadet Blue craft paint. (I put satin-finish polyurethane over the matte craft paints to keep the look even.) The lighter blue almost looks like the Cadet Blue with white added.

If I can find the color chip, I'll let you know!

I just posted some new pictures that show the final color scheme ... had a bad turn with some pear green. :o This is what it is now. Please ignore need for touch-ups!

Great Color Combo Kathie. I think those colors are the ones for sure.

the last day of the sale, the clerk at checkout frowned at the coupon and said it was the first one she'd seen!

Or maybe this was the first day she was at the register :o I am so happy to hear your Hobby Lobby was stocked well.

Kathie, your use of that shade of pink to accent the blue shades really rocks! Very attractive!

Thanks! I knew the right color was out there somewhere! Sometimes it takes several tries to find it, though!