New in Austin, Texas

MiniMary

Hi!

My name is Mary and just signed up. I've made 2.3 dollhouses and now working on creating a house of ill repute! a brothel! a bordello! *gasp* I'm using the Orchid and can't figure out the desired exterior color scheme. The inside is going to be over-the-top hot pink, black and white.

I'm finishing up the Alison Jr, which I really enjoyed. Once the crown molding is in place, I'll get some photos up.

I'd be interested in knowing how y'all deal with electrification in the Greenleaf thin walls. I can't exactly drive anything into the walls like the nails for the tape wiring.

Thanks in advance!

Mary

Hi Mary! Welcome to the forum! Sounds like an interesting project!

Tape wiring is no problem on the Greenleaf walls. The brads go in fine, probably a lot easier than in the Alison Jr. I used some and they didn't pierce through to the other side. Also, if you use a continuous run of tape wire, you won't have to worry about using the brads for splices, and your circuit will be more reliable. You won't have to worry about corroding or shorting connections.

You can also round wire by cutting small grooves in the wood with either a rotary tool, knife, or whatever other sharp object works for you!

Good luck! And when you have made 5 posts, you can open an album to show pictures of your houses and progress.

Any questions, just ask!

And I like your's as well! I have seen many of your posts and was glad to run across another "Mary".

And my naughty little Parlour is coming along well. The electrical tape is going in, but I'm having to deceide where things will go ahead of time. This is my first electrified house, but my mistakes so far have been invisible. :-) Still not so sure that I like the thin walls of the Orchid for driving brads and nails into though. The brads and such are longer than the wall is wide! Has anybody ever used solder? Or is it too difficult to make a flat join that hides under the wallpaper?

Mary

I am using solder on mine. I don't particularly care for the brads, I much prefer solder, having been an electronic tech in my past life. My first couple of attempts were a bit lumpy as I was out of practice, but they get better. And the wallpaper I am using is thick, so it isn't a problem. Even using brads, you may want to put a tiny bit of solder on the connections to make sure they stay good.

Hi Mary and welcome to the Greenleaf Forum.Don't know how I missed you before today!

But you'll be glad you joined for all the fun and info and good company you'll find here!

:monkeydance:

Welcome Mary! You've definitely come to the right spot for advice. There are tuly some Master Builders on here who are always there to give their skillful advice. (I often wish I had found this site before I built my first house!)

Have fun and post pics soon!