I wish everyday could be like this . . .

Wow, this has been a top-10 day for me! I signed up, about a month ago, for a wonderful class at the Great American Dollhouse Museum in Danville, KY. This class, taught by the extraordinarily talented Alice Zinn (she created my cat "Studly" that lives in my Coppertop Cabin) was all about how to make beautiful Oriental-style furniture with genuine mother-of-pearl detail on it. We made a table, and I had a BALL! I will be posting a picture of mine on here in a few minutes, but the picture I took does NOT do it justice. In real life, that mother-of-pearl just glistens and looks SO iridescent. I went away from this class with not only my finished table, but about a million ideas for other pieces I can create. I can hardly wait to do some more!

As if the wonderful class wasn't enough, our always gracious hostess, Lori Kagan-Moore (the owner of the Great American Dollhouse Museum) provided lovely refreshments: coffee, bottled water, luscious strawberries, delectable chocolates, and a lovely cheese and cracker tray. That was a big surprise, because it wasn't mentioned in the class description. In addition to that lovely gift, Lori also gave each one of us free admittance through the museum, and despite the fact I went last year, I was utterly amazed by the staggering quantity of new displays - I didn't ever want to leave! Not only did Lori have MANY new exhibits, they were all utterly spellbinding.

And, of course, it would not be a proper visit to the Great American Dollhouse Museum without visiting the wonderful gift shop. Lori not only has a lot of beautiful dollhouses for sale, but she has cabinet after cabinet full of wonderful miniatures. What is most exciting about this is that she not only offers brand new high quality items, but also wonderful pre-owned miniatures from all eras. I bought several items, and I will be posting pictures for you in just a few minutes.

I am still in my happy cloud, and I SO hope that all of you will get a chance to visit us here in Kentucky, and get to see this marvelous museum. I am just thrilled that I live close enough to enjoy it frequently enough to view all the new displays that are always being put in place.

So happy for you, Rhonda, and just a smidgeon jealous! Sounds like a wonderful day. I have had the pleasure of joining a class like that, but if the opportunity appears, I will jump on it. Can't wait to see pictures of your new treasures, and the mother-of-pearl table. :groucho:

I should have went LOLOL

Did you talk with the ladies that were there from the Bluegrass Miniature group????

You table came out just like hers! Congrats!!

They are having that hutch class in Oct.. I asked off for that class..

I should have went LOLOL

Did you talk with the ladies that were there from the Bluegrass Miniature group????

You table came out just like hers! Congrats!!

They are having that hutch class in Oct.. I asked off for that class..

Hi, Jen! I wish you had gone, it was a real blast! I did, indeed, talk to the ladies from the Bluegrass Miniature Group and I told them you said "hello".

I am glad you like my table. It was a lot of fun, and I now have about a gazillion ideas for doing my own stuff with this technique. And, I definitely want to take the hutch class, but I don't have the info on it. I'll be keeping my eyes open!

i am so happy for you!!!!! i have to ask....how did you make your plates??? I really like the fruit ones!!!

Thanks, they are fun to do! When I first posted the pictures, I had some other people about them, so here is the link to the forum post on how to do them:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...mp;hl=decoupage

I've met & chatted with Alice online and visit her circus at Miniature Memories whenever we're in Charleston and I can get DH to take me there. Lucky you! The table is just PERFECT!

Thanks so much, Holly! I was thrilled to meet Alice - she is a real hoot! And, thank you so much for your compliment on my table. I was surprised how easy it was to do. Of course, Alice is a great teacher!