How big is your largest dollhouse?

Lisa_F

My biggest so far is the Pierce at 35x25 and almost three feet tall. I'm in awe of Melissa's double Garfield tho. That's going to be awesome when it's done.

Deb

The house I am working on now is the Marquam Hill Mansion. It is a beast! I am pretty sure there are bigger houses out there but this is crane-worthy.

There ya go! :):rolleyes:

I have to corret myself, my dollhouse is a Victorian Country house. Been surfing the web and found it.

I gave up on the extention, just getting the main house finished although I did a bit of dolhouse bashing today. I haven't finished yet but hopefully will get it done tomorrow then I can get round to decorating it at last.

Joan

We seem to have the same dollhouse Melanie, mine is white with blue trim. So interesting to see how you have decorated yours, I dedided that mine would be an up to date house with some older furniture here and there. I will really try and take photo's tomorrow.

Joan

Might here's baby's. It's baby's only house so it must be her biggest.

As you can tell it's well and truly inhabited by a two year old. And not finished

Glen

post-265-1150712558_thumb.jpg

I hessitated to post in this thread (can ya tell?) - My biggest house is also the very first house I ever bought.. shamefully it's also still sitting in my garage virtually untouched.. except to send the front of it with a friend who REALLY wanted to work on it with me..and now the front of it is about 600 miles alway :) I can't even remember how many rooms it has. I believe there are about 5 or 6 in the front and then there's a wing off the back that I believe has another 4 or 5. It sits on it's own table and appears to be a custom construction piece - sadly when I do get to it I'll probably have to build a new front facade. I had pictures of it but haven't been able to find them. The front looks like an old western bar & Hotel.. or brothel ... the back part has an outdoor railing that makes me think of the south but I'm not sure why it makes me think that. The roof is of course off of it which means it needs to be replaced.. but also means a person could add a third story to the building if they wanted :rolleyes:

-David

I remember! Didn't you have a link to pictures of it in the old forum (archives)? Or was that the old DHM forum? I wish I lived close, I'd take it off your hands & tinker with it...

I remember! Didn't you have a link to pictures of it in the old forum (archives)? Or was that the old DHM forum? I wish I lived close, I'd take it off your hands & tinker with it...

Hi Holly - if that was to me then yes I used to have pictures of it up in my Webshots album since there's been no progress on the house I took them down about a year ago. I have them somewhere (I'm pretty sure) on one of my many unlabled disks...I really need to learn to label things.

-David

The largest that I've built is the Lily, but I have the Cambridge which still needs some renovating and it is larger. But today I received the Van Buren and it looks like it may be huge. I'm not sure if it is bigger than the Cambridge or not. I don't have any good pictures of the Cambridge but here is my Lily.

post-70-1150758903_thumb.jpg post-70-1150758997_thumb.jpg

In highschool I was considered to be a fairly cool cat.

Cattrike is the name of the company in Winter Garden, FL, that builds "tadpole" configured tricycles (the single wheel is in back), mine is a 27-speed model I ride on the road with, I posted a picture of me sitting on it elsewhere, here;s a picture of me riding on the road trying to tell the person snapping the picture that I don't like having my picture taken, expecially wearing spandex! :lol:

post-8-1150774860_thumb.jpg

In highschool I was considered to be a fairly cool cat.

Cattrike is the name of the company in Winter Garden, FL, that builds "tadpole" configured tricycles (the single wheel is in back), mine is a 27-speed model I ride on the road :D

post-8-1150774860_thumb.jpg

You even lie down when you exercise?

Wicked cool! (Or the ultimate in lazy but I wouldn’t suggest that!)

I never post in progress pictures. Though I might of the Nostromo.

If I didn't post of things in progress I'd have naught to post about. :lol:

I’d have to suggest my favorite posts are others discussing what they’re up to and any problems/successes..

Must be a newbie thing.

I’d have to suggest my favorite posts are others discussing what they’re up to and any problems/successes..

Must be a newbie thing.

See? I'm still a newbie, too. Online brainstorming is one of most useful things the forums do, along with the fellowship & news.

You even lie down when you exercise?

Wicked cool! (Or the ultimate in lazy but I wouldn’t suggest that!)

It's mechanically more efficient, although tiring at first, sort of being in a perpetual half-crunch with your legs elevated 30 degrees the whole time (try it sitting on the floor with your neck supported on the edge of a footstool), but instead of pushing down on the pedals you push forward from the belly & butt & lower back muscles. Steering is a bit tricky to learn, because there's a handle on each wheel with a gearshift; the three-ring gear's on the left & the nine-ring's on the right. It's a wonder for hill-climbing because of the power of most of your lower body to the pedals, plus if you get tired in the "granny" gear it's simple to just stop & take a breath or two & push on. After about 25 or 30 miles I start having circulation problems with my feet going numb, resulting in having to stop every five miles or so to unclip and let the feeling come back to avoid crippling cramps. Wait'll you see a recumbent tandem bike! We even saw a 'bent tandem trike (same tadpole-config) at the Sebring tandem rally this year.