August Swap- Choose your theme  

23 members have voted

1. 1. whaddya wanna do?

• Renaissance/Medieval
    • Pirates and fantasy
    • Haunted Houses
    • Exotic places/travel

Reminds me of a joke -

A couple of old guys were sitting around talking in the living room while their wives were visiting in the kitchen. One of the old guys says "the other day my wife and I went to a new restaurant - food was real good". His friend says, "yeah, what's the name of the restaurant". Old guy says "what's the name of a flower?" His friend helps him out "iris, peony, marigold, petunia, rose ..." Old guys says "yeah, that's it ..." Then he yells into the kitchen "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to the other day?"

-Susanne

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rotflmbo! What''s sad is that I STILL do it to my kids (call names until I finally say, "or whichever one you are") who are in their 30s! David, my dear, you are far too young for "senior moments".

I do this except I say You know who I mean.

My twin's name is Polly, and we had gotten so use to answering to either name, that she tells me that when she move to NC it followed her and people who didn't know she even had a sister wound up calling her Peggi. LOL When nieces and nephews were small we became Poggy and Pelly.

Wow, what a great idea! I'll definitely be doing the swap thing, so add another newbie to the swap set! What a great way to learn some of the stuff I start learning about! And of course I voted for the haunt - but I'm biased. I go to the local ren fest every year, that's certainly a close second place for me! How fun, I'm looking forward to this!

Wow, what a great idea! I'll definitely be doing the swap thing, so add another newbie to the swap set! What a great way to learn some of the stuff I start learning about! And of course I voted for the haunt - but I'm biased. I go to the local ren fest every year, that's certainly a close second place for me! How fun, I'm looking forward to this!

Oh, goodie -- there'll be a whole flock of first-timers...I'll feel less nervous knowing that several of us are new at this. I'm pulling for the haunt -- I've even thought I've something I could do. The medieval is a close second for me, but I'm better at spooky.

I really cant believe I am doing this but I think I am in on this one!

I will wait patiently for the go-ahead to say HERE!

Now I have to think of WHAT i am capable of doing.

Hear ye, Hear ye, I am going to close the poll on June 30th. Looks like Haunted House is winning by a nose. If you know of someone who hasn't voted and plans to, tell 'em to get their tooshies in gear and vote! :)

My twin's name is Polly, and we had gotten so use to answering to either name, that she tells me that when she move to NC it followed her and people who didn't know she even had a sister wound up calling her Peggi. LOL When nieces and nephews were small we became Poggy and Pelly.

A little bit behind on topics, but had to chime in on this one... My maiden name was Jaimie Doty ("dough-tee"). For YEARS I was called "Jodi", even by people that supossedly didn't know my last name. It was very strange!

I've been married for just over 5 years now and have not been called Jodi once!!!

PS. I'm working on the June SWAP and I think I might join this one is it is Haunted Houses, since October will be here shortly and I could probablyusethe stuff to decorate for the Garfield's first big holiday, Halloween!!

I just voted. I'm new at all of this. I'm thinking of joining this swap. I have to think of something to make first and then make a final decision to join or not. I'm a little nervous having never done anything like this before. But you all make everyone feel so welcome. I'm glad that I found this forum. Thanks. Allison

Oh darn, another one I'll have to pass on. I'm enrolling Chloei in beginning dog classes in the hopes of her becoming a therapy dog and I'm going to visit my sister in Texas in August. She's moving into a new house and is building a swimming pool . . . well, you know I gotta be there! :rolleyes:

Have fun everyone! Can't wait to see what you all do!! :)

Welcome Allison! It looks like we will have many new people in this swap, so you certainly won't be alone :) . If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

That's a bummer you won't be joining us Teresa. Oh well, have a great time in Texas! And, of course, don't forget the pictures! :rolleyes:

Well I finally put my vote in - I sure took my sweet time about it didn't I? I figured I'd be happy with Any of these choices! :huh: but I finally did vote. I love all the choices for August! I hope some of them come up again! but it looks like it may turn in to a spooky August :rolleyes: On the upside (as if I didn't LOVE Halloween :) ) there are lots of easy beginner projects for a haunted house theme.

Terresa sorry you won't be able to join - please have a safe trip and a good vist :D

And Allison, looks like there are lots of first time swappers for this month so don't be nervous at all - like I said there are lots of easy projects to choose from so if anyone needs ideas just give me a yell. I've already got my A idea.. now I need to come up with my B and C plans just in case A doesn't work out like I'm hoping it will heheh :(

-David

I really would like to be able to participate in this swap, but the problem is that I don't have any ideas. I went to our public library, but they don't have any magazines on miniatures. The books that they do have are really old and don't have any good ideas. If anyone has any that they are willing to share with me, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Allison

I really would like to be able to participate in this swap, but the problem is that I don't have any ideas. I went to our public library, but they don't have any magazines on miniatures. The books that they do have are really old and don't have any good ideas. If anyone has any that they are willing to share with me, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Allison

These two threads have a wealth of information, most of which can be found online. Sure to get the creative juices flowing :)

Do it yourself projects

Forum Tutorial Links

Hi Allison,

For ideas for haunted houses I just look back on my childhood and think about some of the old TV shows like the Munsters and the Addams family, rides like the Haunted Mansion, or books like the Halloween Tree. So some things I think of for haunted houses are:

Ghosts

Spooky paintings and photographs

Odd pets (spiders, bats, rats etc.)

Cats of course :D (living or mummified)

Witches hats, brooms, cauldrons

Unusual or spooky foods (in a recent back issue of one of the mags, I forget which one ) they had stew with a white mouse in it, or with some eyeballs). Spider cookies, rat kabobs etc.

Occult books, Spell books, monster books,

Crystal balls, ouija boards, pendulums,

Monsters or monster faces, gremlins, pixies

Antique trunks (which always seem like a spooky source of mystery to me :D )

Spooky plants, dead house plants, man eating plants, dried herbs, dead trees and shrubs

trap doors or old spooky cupboards

shredded and decayed curtains,

Tombstones, statues, spooky old busts, wigs

Coffins, sarcophogus, (remember where the Munsters kept their telephone? :lol: )

bones, skulls, capes, shrouds, crypts,

Old door knockers

And I always think of Fall when I think of haunted houses so I'd also think of things like Pumpkins and Corn stalks. Hope these help. And remember even if a couple of people pick a simular or even the same item to make they'll turn out completely different! and you just can't have too many spooky things :(

Hope this helps some,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Wow -- Lots of votes! Is this still going to be limited to 15? (In a way I hope so -- more than that is a LOT to make, but I don't want anyone to be left out)