Time to let go

Deb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are just the best. You're making me feel so warm and loved. I really don't think I could have handled this very well without all the love and support you've surrounded me with.

Hair can change from straight to curly.

It's straightened out after the shock of losing the weight. I didn't mind it being a little curly but I do prefer it being straight with a couple of familiar waves. I think it's back to normal now. What's been interesting is seeing the grey in it now. I'm not sure if it's grey or white but I do know that it looks like tinsel! It's mostly around my face but it blends in well with the blonde. It's making me consider streaking it instead of dying it. I sort of like being calico.

Deb

When the gold began to turn to silver, my hairdresser of the moment suggested dye. I opted to let Mother Nature do her thing -- natural streaking. I'd paid for years to have my hair streaked and wasn't going to pass up a freebie! :ohyeah:

I have inherited my hair color from my father's father, apparently; he never did go gray, even when he finally died in his 90s it was with a headful of dark hair. I wore it very long for several years, long enough that when I went to a hairdresser to have it all cut off so I could do a jewelry apprenticeship the hairdresser wouldn't cut it shorter than shoulder length, despite my protests (I will never darken the door of Fatnastic Sam's or any other ladies' hairdresser that advertises they'll cut & style your hair the way YOU want); and threatened me when I wanted to refuse to pay. The next day I went to a friend's barber and he cut it exactly the way I wanted, and I've been wearing it short ever since. I really want a buzz-cut to wear under bike helmets & tilly-hats, but DH says he's not ready for that, yet (one of our cycling friend's wife has a crew-cut and I love it!).

Laughing about your free frost-job, Kathie - I paid an arm and a leg when I was about thirty to get my hair frosted, and it looked terrific, too. Then 15 years later it looked exactly that way - again - only this time it was Mother Nature who did it!

Holly, there is one great thing about crew cuts: they are very, VERY easy to take care of! And I'll admit I've seen some really beautiful women with them, it was like the lack of "clutter" around their faces accentuated their bone structure somehow. Not for everyone, though - doubt I could get away with it myself. Sure would save on the shampoo, though...

I shaved my head when I was 20. It was summer, hot and I was pregnant. The combo was not a good thing with a thick head of hair. I really liked it, just had to get used to be called sir from behind...even when I was pregnant!

One of my DH's secretaries had very short hair (about 1/2 inch all over) and she said she had had it that way for nearly all her life. She was in her 50's at the time and their last Christmas letter showed she still does and she is well into her 80's. She had the skull shape that "wore' it beautifully.