Brookwood Dollshouse

Meli

Meli, I am working on the Brookwood right now, it has been fun to build and kind of different from the more traditional houses. I have some pictures in my gallery of my progress (which has been slow due to Real Life issues!)

Thanks for your help!!! The photos are great and I love this modern DH. Just finished my Mediterranean and need to do another one!!!

Only one question the back of the house is open??? and can you open the front door??

Meli

Thanks for your help!!! The photos are great and I love this modern DH. Just finished my Mediterranean and need to do another one!!!

Only one question the back of the house is open??? and can you open the front door??

Meli

I built the Brookwood, and there are pics of it in my gallery. Yes, the whole back of the house is open, so you can decorate all three levels. And yes, the front door opens, as does the door on the deck in the front. But of course even if they didn't open in the kit, you can always put on hinges and make any door a working door, with a little bashing here and there.. :yes:

The only hard part I found with the Brookwood: the chimney is crucial. It rises up through all levels of the house, and all the different levels of floor use it as support, so it's really important to take your time to get that right. Once you've got that (and it does get confusing...I looked at a lot of pictures and took mine apart more than once before I got it right!), the rest of the build is really easy, I think.

It's a great house. I really love mine. I made it into a "frank lloyd wright-inspired" meeting house, and have it here in my study where I can play with it lots.. B)

I don't have this one yet (boy, is it ever on my wish list!), but I can say that one thing I have admired about it is all of the astoundingly beautiful variations I've seen. I think this house offers versatility that some of the more traditional houses don't. Every time I have seen one, I think "oh yes, I have GOT to get the Brookwood". Then, the next time I see one, I like THAT variation. I have never seen one I didn't love!

I also love the design of the Brookwood - don't have it, but would LOVE to get it! I'm going to drool over everyone's pics now - lovely eyecandy of a truly beautiful, modern dollhouse. :yes:

Wow, I don't have a Brookwood but I was cruising thru this site and I don't remember

"seeing" you before.Sorry if I missed you- just wanted to say "HI" and welcome to the Greenleaf Forum. Suer to have lots of fun here!! :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody!!! thanks for the help and advice. Just bought the DH.

We have been very quite due sad personal issues. The lost of our beloved auntie!!!

I hope that this new project will cheer me up again!!!

Mini hugs,

Meli

Thanks everybody for your help and kind words on my name and on behalf of my sister Ana.

No way to buy the Brookwood DH. I cann't buy it in Spain and don't know where in Europe. It's very expensive to buy it in US, due to the shipping costs... so :p:(:(

I've seeing all of your houses and goodness!!!!! they are amazing, what an excellent work!!!

Nevertheless I will try to have one :p:p

Mini hugs,

Meli

• 3 weeks later...
No way to buy the Brookwood DH. I cann't buy it in Spain and don't know where in Europe. It's very expensive to buy it in US, due to the shipping costs... so :jawdrop: :type: :(

Mini hugs,

Meli

I wish Greenleaf would sell dollhouse plans on behalf of foreigners. I could definitely afford the shipping fee of a plan. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody!!! First of all I wish you a very Happy New Year!!!

Just to let you know that finally I bougth the house and just finished the building. Now it's pending to be decorated!!

It's in my blog: http://casitasdemeli.blogspot.com

Thanks to everyone for your kind help and info about the Brookwood!!! It is indeed a lovely house although the wood is not to thick!!!

Warm regards,

Meli

I moved the posts about the Artesania Latina dollhouses into this thread - didn't want them to get buried here.

Meli, your Brookwood is gorgeous! I love how you did the exterior - the light color of the house and the dark stained trim look great together. Did you use stucco or just paint the exterior?