Look what I found!

I went over to DI (thirftstore) to look for shorts for Mike and I. I found a Glencroft there. I just hope my experience with this isn't like the one I had with the Garfield I found there. There is furniture, the original box with I hope the rest of the pieces. In the box there are tools wallpaper, glue and instructions. There was a newspaper dated for April 1993. I really need to finish some of my other houses before my corner of the living room is packed with unfinished houses.

post-19-1146683206_thumb.jpgpost-19-1146683227_thumb.jpg

post-19-1146683247_thumb.jpgpost-19-1146683325_thumb.jpg

post-19-1146683342_thumb.jpgpost-19-1146683359_thumb.jpg

post-19-1146683376_thumb.jpgpost-19-1146683404_thumb.jpg

I don't think I am allowed to go shopping by myself anymore.

That is a great find! The only thing I would suggest is be very patient with the stair walls. Getting in there is not easy but can be done.

You have a cute little girl. Are her shoes on the wrong feet or am I seeing things?

Love the dollhouse. Glencroft is favourite of mine. But I like the little girl even more. She is out of scale though, so if you find that she doesn't work out with your minis just let me know. I'll send you airfare and you can put her on a plane to me. She looks like a real keeper.

-Susanne

Wow! That's an excellent find! And it came with a really cute kid too!
Are her shoes on the wrong feet or am I seeing things?

It's amazing what you can find at a thift store nowadays!

:lol: rotflmbo :lol:

And it looks like the little girl has claimed this house as her own, so you know she will need to be consulted about the decorating.

Good shopping trip--but sounds like you better enjoy the memory of it for a while :lol:

Wow!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!! which DI did you get it at? one of my coworkers went to the DI in Ogden and found a dollhouse there for 5 dollars....then proceeded to paint it bright red and put chicken wire on it. It's out in their yard for the chickens to live in. :D :lol: I woulda done something nicer with it :lol: at any rate, sounds like i need to go to the DI more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...plus the 50 cent books are a good deal :p

That's a great find! Bet you're gonna have fun with it.

I can go thrift store shopping all I like, but there's a glitch in my furniture buying these days. If it costs $100 or more, I have to have approval. Something about those 5 dining room sets ...

WOW what a wonderful find I wish we had more thrift shops around my area. I havent found too much dollhouse realted stuff at mine. I cant wait to see what you do with the Glencroft.

Thank you all. I had this long reply, but when I tried to post it said I had too many emotions and when I went to fix it it was all gone. *sigh*

For the most part the house seems to have been put together well. The roof and shingles were done with hot glue. So I will take them off and fix it. There are extra shingles in the box, but I don't think I will use them. I don't think there is enough. Oh! it s the house that keeps giving. I turned it over to look at the 2nd floor fire place and what looks like a cubby and mini decorations & money fell out of the first floor bookcase. There is no wall behind it. Its just open behind the stairs.

Ella has claimed the dollhouse as hers. She very loudly warned all of her sisters off of it. :lol: I guess we will be fixing it up for her. Some of the furniture looks to be sturdy. I think it may be chunky furniture, but I don't know where to find more of it.

Melanie, yes, her shoes are on the wrong feet, but she usually fixes them when the become uncomfortable.

Susanne, I'll trade you for a couple of doll houses when she is 14 or so. lol. Right now I'll keep her. I love this age (3). She is really very sweet for a 3 year old.

Marg, I went to the DI here in Pocatello. They get dhs quite a bit, but I don't buy all of them.

I can go thrift store shopping all I like, but there's a glitch in my furniture buying these days. If it costs $100 or more, I have to have approval. Something about those 5 dining room sets ...

LOL, I need just chairs. I have this really nice dining table. We got it from one of those designer furniture stores for $100 because it had a gouging scratch. It didn't have the chairs. So far, most of the chairs I find are still in sets with table. So we eat at the table with our desk chairs. My previous table had benches and was lower than this table.

I think it may be chunky furniture, but I don't know where to find more of it.

It reminds me of the "Ryan's Room" furniture, and I've seen it in "upscale" toy stores.

LOL, I need just chairs. I have this really nice dining table. We got it from one of those designer furniture stores for $100 because it had a gouging scratch. It didn't have the chairs. So far, most of the chairs I find are still in sets with table. So we eat at the table with our desk chairs. My previous table had benches and was lower than this table.

Well now--one of my favorite thrift stores has BOOKOOS of chairs--matching ones at that!

you lucky girl !! wish I could find things like that in thrift shops here, i keep looking in the charity shops to no avail.

I would say to get to the stairwell, go for a plain colour and paint all the nooks and crannies carefully with a long brush i will be keeping an eye on your progress

Dining room tables ... isn't that an outdated term for what we now call the Table for the Dollhouse?

-Susanne

or in my case its called "The Construction Zone" :lol: :lol:

Hilarious about the shoes being on the wrong feet. My son will be 4 in August and constantly puts his shoes on the wrong feet too!

All this talk about thrifts stores made me remember that I haven't been to any in a while. Maybe that's what I'll do with my Saturday! Thrift stores and Garage sales! :lol:

Do you know, and I'm sticking my neck way out here ... I've never been in a Thrift Store. My dad and mum checked them out frequently when they were finishing my Beacon Hill. They found odds and ends that my dad turned into lamps and door knobs. He also discovered all of the wallpaper in Thrift Shops.

I'm definitely going to have to go and take a look. Sounds like there's great discoveries to be made.

-Susanne

Dining room tables ... isn't that an outdated term for what we now call the Table for the Dollhouse?

-Susanne

Why yes Susanne! That is the function of that 100+ year old gateleg table .... How'd you guess?