Iron Beds

Anne

If I was seriously going to do a lot of stuff like this I'd want one of these:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?M...roduct&ID=81356

That'll do perfect curves, for steeper curves I got a small tube bender from Dancey's in Vegas. Judy Lugo, the owner, is sometimes a featured expert in Miniature Collector. A great lady, amazing stock of dollhouse stuff. I like the tubing bender cause it'll do lighter rod as well as bending tube without overly flattening the inside radius of the tube.

I'm also keeping my eye on this little guy:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=90757

It's pretty well the same as the one Micro Mark has for 200, if it goes on sale, or when I get to the Garf's roof, one of these will have to be mine. :lol:

Anne, these beds are beautiful. What website did you find them on? I have not been able to find alot of sites that show rooms this pretty. I currently sleep in a pewter bed and am now thinking about how I can duplicate it. I love this website. Everyone has such great ideas! :lol:

If I try and do it, he will take it from me and "show" me the right way it needs to be done. Ha! :lol: :lol:

LOL! You know, that's how I get Jimmy to do stuff for me too!

I was wondering, do you all know what happened to Ed? I have not heard a peep from Ed in a little bit now :lol:

I was wondering the same! Hope everything is ok. :D

Anne, these beds are beautiful. What website did you find them on? I have not been able to find alot of sites that show rooms this pretty. I currently sleep in a pewter bed and am now thinking about how I can duplicate it. I love this website. Everyone has such great ideas! :lol:

This is the link: Dollhouses Her houses are so beautiful.

May I ask you - what is a pewter bed? I have no clue. :p Do you have a picture of your bed? I love antique beds. They have such a lot of charm.

EDIT: Ahh, pewter beds are iron beds! I see! =)

post-290-1146787911_thumb.jpgThis is not a bed but I played with some brass jewerly findings and some 1/16" brass pipe.Used a little solder that was small this is the first one I made I used a iron that you would use for wood burning with a tip small enough to get the solder on the joints, then painted the joints with a brass colored paint . There was a artical I had in a old DH mag that told of how to make the beds I can e-mail it to you.

Donna

Thanks for the compliment!!

This is the first chandelier I have made, I found it simlpe once I got dowm the basic.

I see some want the instructions for the bed! Can I put it on the forum or would it be against the copy rights?? if so I'll send it to you all personal.

Donna

post-290-1146787911_thumb.jpgThis is not a bed but I played with some brass jewerly findings and some 1/16" brass pipe.Used a little solder that was small this is the first one I made I used a iron that you would use for wood burning with a tip small enough to get the solder on the joints, then painted the joints with a brass colored paint . There was a artical I had in a old DH mag that told of how to make the beds I can e-mail it to you.

Donna

The chandalier is great...and ohhh...can i get the artical???? I have a ton of wire and would love to give it a try!! :lol::)

I was wondering the same! Hope everything is ok. :lol:

This is the link: Dollhouses Her houses are so beautiful.

EDIT: Ahh, pewter beds are iron beds! I see! =)

undefined

Anne, sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner to thank you for supplying the website. They are incredible. I still have not figured out how to get my pictures to post on this website so I did take a picture of my pewter bed so you can see it on my webshots. I think someone mentioned using paper clips. I think this bed would be a great candidate for that. The bed also had a footboard that we did not get but was just beautiful.........it had wrap around posts at the end. I think this bed might be really easy to duplicate if I would just take the time to think it out. Also on webshots I included a picture of another iron bed I have. I think this one too would be easy to duplicate using wood lattice and then painting it to look metal. Anyway, thanks again for the website. I have really enjoyed it.

You are welcome! =) Oh, you have really pretty iron beds! Is the first one an antique bed frame? I've seen beautiful antique French iron beds on Ebay. If I ever have a daughter I will get her one of these. :lol: