The Gloucester will be mine, all mine!!!!

justmesue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue, you will do fine, are your bricks sealed? If so, fear no more, just take a deep breath and start, easy does it and if not a slightly moist sponge will clean it up nicley :oops:

Hugs and can't wait to see more eye candy! (And isn't that mini Sparrow just darling???? :unsure: )

The bricks are sealed Anna! Never thought of that! I cut up a self adhesive floor tile, one with the tri-colored marbly look and raised ripples built into it! So, all I have to do then is wash off any excess! It should be as easy as doing it On RL tile. Sure glad I posted that. Thanks for pointing it out! I wasn't thinking pass my fear of faillure I guess. O.k. will get at it tommorrow for sure, promise!

P.S I also have 4 peices of trim left over, it's narrow, but the same lenght as the wide stuff that goes on the top of the door and around the house. Where does it go, LOL?

Oh goodie, so looking forward to seeing yours! As for the long strips, hmm, can't picture which you mean right now... Unless it is used on the inside as trim?

Hugs

I need another kick in the butt Holly!
OK, Suzanne, here goes: If pain is weakness leaving the body, nervousness is fear leaving your soul! You already know to make samples of your ideas first, to see if you like how they turn out.

As for the trim, if it came with the kit it's on the schematics sheet, no? and you look for the parts name & # in the instructions to see what it is & where it goes. Maybe pictures, so we can see what you're referring to?

Thanks Anna and Holly! I'm going to call this mission a success! I bit the bullet, and I've got the front grouted! Even though I'm a messy pig when it comes to this stuff, LOL(being neat will come with experience, I guess) I intend to touch up the powdery white spots with the brown paint, so disregard that part. I think it looks pretty good, and wanted to show it off now! The strips of wood I'm referring too, that are left over are infront of the house. I think it's something to do with the top trim stuff, but not sure how/where it goes on. I have an enlarged pic of the schematics on my pc,(didn't have paper instructions with this kit) and that's not telling me anything. It mentions facia, J L M, rear and inner? Obviously didn't need it I suppose!

I've been to the Greenleaf store so often to see the zoomed in and enlarged, pic of their Gloucester, they are going to start charging me admission! LOL Those strips don't go on the outside of the house, as far I can tell by looking at their pics. They go somewhere inside, but darned if I could figure it out! You don't see inside the door top, or inside the trim top. They don't fit lying flat, and are too tall to sandwich behind. Must have did something wrong at some point, but no harm done. They will go in the save box of scrap wood. Now on to the chimneys and what to do with them, brick like on the front of the house, or rock? Any ideas what kind of roof covering would look good on this type of house? I'm leaning towards rough 50 grit brown sandpaper square shingles.

Hi Sue...so that must have been you I saw at the store, looking the house over so carefully! chuckle, chuckle. My house hasn't arrived yet, and I just stare at those pictures until my eyes water. Thank goodness Greenleaf doesn't charge rent! I've got a garden magazine that shows huge estate gardens, and the homes on those estates are this style. I'm going to check the pictures out again, and let you know what they havefor their roofs. I was going to cover my house in large blocks of something that looks like granite..some of the homes are quite grey, but some are done in a very soft butternut stucco, so I think I'll go with that. What do you think? I'll go check that mag. right now.

I'm back. You're dead right about the shape of the roof tiles. In the pictures they are all square shaped, and really when you think about it, that shape mirrors the shape of the windows, doesn't it? Neat! As for the colours, in this book they are all grey. These homes are so old that maybe they were black to begin with, and have softened down over the years. Anyway, I think that whatever colour looks good to you, is the colour to go with. I sure like your idea of using sandpaper. You're doing a terrific job on your home, I hope I can do half as good a job. Keep us posted, ok? No directions, you say....hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

The stairs are drying, and I haven't put the top rail on them yet, but I was so pleased that all the parts of the kitchen fit perfectly in this room, I had to show it. The fridge door opens all the way, even though it's partly behind the stairs.

Now that kitchen is just divine, I want it in RL pretty please? (And I do need a lay out for the remodelling of an oooooold kitchen in our new RL house) Love the look your Gloucester is getting!

Hugs and thanks for sharing it, Her Highness is waiving from upstairs as well ;)

What a beautiful kitchen, Sue. You're doing such a great job. How did you do your ceiling? I'm just starting to paint my windows, but have dry fitted the house, and am happy with how easily it went together. I don't have much strength in my hands now, so it was a big relief to get it together so easily. Thanks for sharing your work. It keeps me going. Patricia b. ;)

Patricia, the ceilings are textured RL wallpaper my DH bought at Lowes. It's also available at Home Depot and Canadian Tire, in a variety of textures/patterns. It's also paintable, so much faster and easier than real stucco.

Patricia, the ceilings are textured RL wallpaper my DH bought at Lowes. It's also available at Home Depot and Canadian Tire, in a variety of textures/patterns. It's also paintable, so much faster and easier than real stucco.

Wow! Thanks, Sue. I'm going to WallMart tomorrow. I have to go early...7am, to be sure to get a scooter, but it's nice then. Not many people, and I can take my time looking at stuff. Thanks so much for the info. Boy, this is going to make it so much easier for me to work on my mins. I'm realy, realy excited about this. Thanks again, Sue it's a treat not to be reluctant to ask questions. Hugs, hugs, hugs.

This room was supposed to be the livingroom. The Glo would have no part of it, and we ended up agreeing on this diningroom, instead.

Awww that's just plain nice. Real nice. I'd like to sit down at that table anytime. Is there a story-line to your house? Keep the pictures coming. You're doing great.

The house was originally purshased for the doll family living in the mini closet. Of course with the Glo putting up such a fuss, and fighting me when I tried putting in LR wallpaper where the diningroom is, there's not enough bedrooms for that particular family. They would need 3, as they have a boy and girl. (And she did fight, I totally ruined the paper, and I'm good at this, never had issues before) Then "Bill" and "Myrtle", asked to move in. They are the "doll" owners of the Cranberry, (but they refuse to live there, until it's been totally redecorated, and modernized) They are staying with their friends in the Washington 2.0 The Glo has demanded one of her rooms be a pink nursery, so that makes this house unwilling to accomodate them. Another family, awaiting a home, needs 4 bedrooms. Grams and Gramps will share one, then Mom and Dad, and they have a boy and girl who each need their own room. (They refuse to be separated) Discussions about giving them the Cranberry are happening as we speak, and perhaps Bill and Myrtle can live in the Allison JR. They may also opt for a small 1 bedroom, retirement size house. So, for now, the Glo is just a house up for grabs for the 1rst young couple with a baby girl that arrive. LOL

The house was originally purshased for the doll family living in the mini closet. Of course with the Glo putting up such a fuss, and fighting me when I tried putting in LR wallpaper where the diningroom is, there's not enough bedrooms for that particular family. They would need 3, as they have a boy and girl. (And she did fight, I totally ruined the paper, and I'm good at this, never had issues before) Then "Bill" and "Myrtle", asked to move in. They are the "doll" owners of the Cranberry, (but they refuse to live there, until it's been totally redecorated, and modernized) They are staying with their friends in the Washington 2.0 The Glo has demanded one of her rooms be a pink nursery, so that makes this house unwilling to accomodate them. Another family, awaiting a home, needs 4 bedrooms. Grams and Gramps will share one, then Mom and Dad, and they have a boy and girl who each need their own room. (They refuse to be separated) Discussions about giving them the Cranberry are happening as we speak, and perhaps Bill and Myrtle can live in the Allison JR. They may also opt for a small 1 bedroom, retirement size house. So, for now, the Glo is just a house up for grabs for the 1rst young couple with a baby girl that arrive. LOL

I never thought of that..being in realestate, waiting for a client to show up. That's really interesting. It's so hard to pick colours that will suit the majority of prospective home buyers, don't you think? It's sort of like "flip this house". I wonder how long it will be on the market. Are there close neighbours? Hummmmmm....... My Glo is very definitely not on the open market. Granny and I are at present living in the Sugarplum, don't know if I mentioned this to you or not, please bear with me, I'm pretty excited about recent events, and it seems her long lost brother lived in Australia, made a mint of money with his sheep ranch, recently died, and left her the Glo which is in Ireland, Grannies homeland. She didn't even know he owned it, or that he was still alive, so this is quite a shock. He also left a goodly sum of money, enough for her and me to live in luxury from now on. We're going to have the Glo fixed up, but not modernized (I'm not sure what time zone we're in..we seem to bounce around quite a bit). Anyway, the newer, wealthier Granny and me should be arriving here at my rl home sometime in the next few weeks. I can hardly wait to see us. We're going to live together forever, and have servants and all and all. The glo has been empty for many years, and is quite run down, so it will be awhile before we can move in. Meanwhile, I've just got my first set of stairs glued together. They fit! Take care, patricia b