Shout out to Beacon Hill builders!

WyckedWood

I'll need to see it when it's painted; on my monitor the red on the porch posts looks orange-y, and that doesn't quite go with lavendar like the bluer red in the RL picture does. I continue to get frustrated with the way computer monitors mess with colors, since I hear colors.

Wow, beautiful pictures Linda, thanks for posting them they remind me of why I love this house so much!!!! I'm still working on windows, wowsers there are so many pieces to sand paint and put together, but the finished product is worth it. I'm working on the kitchen bays today I have them all painted and put together so all I have to do is install them. Next is the front and left bays and then at last I am onto the dormers most likely not until tomorrow given the time it takes for preperation. I do have an extra day to work on my doll house this week as hubby has planned a hiking trip with a buddy, so I fully intend to use the time wisely!! I would love to get started on making my first doll, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a book on doll making. I could order online but, would rather not if I can help it!! I checked Chapters for one book in particular but they don't carry it does anyone know of a good doll making book that they do carry??

Thanks Holly, I will look for both of those books!! I didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked. My daughter is working on one of the Michaels puzzle houses, and she was having some building issues so being the great mom that I am I set mine aside to help her out. I did manage to get the kitchen bays installed so I am one step closer to the dormers. One question I do have though is when I'm ready to start shingling, do I have to die the shingles or can I just stain them, and do I stain both sides?? I would like to stain before I glue them on, or maybe it would be better to do it after, I don't know, how do you do it??

• 1 month later...

Don't be overwhelmed. When I first got mine and opened it, I cried. But it's not bad, just very tedious. Take your time to do it right. Make sure EVERYTHING is square! Use clamps as much as possible. Read the directions through before you start. Curse at it when it gives you a hard time (it helped mine behave :p). Enjoy it. Breathe. ;) It's a fun kit. It is my 2nd build, and I'm rather pleased with how it's coming out. Oh, and sand sand sand! :wub: Lot's of dry fittings!

• 4 weeks later...

pffffffff... did I have fun tonight.... I had a big argument with my beacon hill.. I bought her about 6 months ago as a serious basket case that somebody started to build and gave up on. I recently started work on her after a lot of puzzling where exactly they stopped and why. Anyway I finally figured they had forgotten to put in the dividing wall for the first floor that goes all the way up..

Tonight I tried to get this side front wall in place.. Turned out the whole structure was not glued in straight and nothing fitted... But after a lot of filing, pulling and hammering it's in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!! First battle won.. This certainly is a house that can throw tantrums...

Anyway..... from now on it should be easy.. :bear: if I have to believe all the posts... :monkeydance:

• 2 months later...

I have finally made some progress! :thumb:

All the rooms have wallpaper, ceilings, and lights. All but 2 have floors. I stained and dry-fitted (again) 1 window. And if anything ends up being thrown out the window, that's going to be it... I know, it's worth it in the end.. That 1 does look nice.

I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to continue on with trim and work more on the inside, or if I'm ready to spend time on the outside again.

I'm finishing up on the last room of my BH! Then have a few minor trims to finish up. Its been 3 years in the making! I can't wait to put in all the furniture I've been collecting! I have to get updated pics in my gallery yet.

I think it has been months since I posted here, however I'm still here and still working on my Beacon hill. I'm still procrastinating on those dormers, I'm so intimidated by them!! I have been slowly working on the siding, it sure is a time consuming process, but I love how it is looking so far. I am doing updated pics today for anyone who is interested, so check back in a few hours!! So far I have put in 10 months worth of work with lot's of breaks, I was hoping to have it finished within a year, but I'm afraid that is not going to happen at least not at the rate I'm going!! :)

Hello people, i am new here and startet around the 29 off november building my Beacon Hill

and until nou i did not have very big problemspost-6390-1295645239_thumb.jpg post-6390-1295645328_thumb.jpg

I enyoj building the house and uploaded some pictures here

carin