It's a good day when

Josi

Went out for lunch today, and when I returned I found not one dollhouse kit, but TWO! The Marquam Hill I won on ebay and the RGT Front Opening Shoppe from HBS. Can it get any better than this? (the poor UPS guy having to lug this two onto the porch, the MH is 76#). I moved the MH into the house alone, because I didn't want to camp out on the porch for the afternoon petting it in full view of the entire neighborhood. I turned it end over end until it was safely in my workroom.

I am dancing for sure!

Went out for lunch today, and when I returned I found not one dollhouse kit, but TWO! The Marquam Hill I won on ebay and the RGT Front Opening Shoppe from HBS. Can it get any better than this? (the poor UPS guy having to lug this two onto the porch, the MH is 76#). I moved the MH into the house alone, because I didn't want to camp out on the porch for the afternoon petting it in full view of the entire neighborhood. I turned it end over end until it was safely in my workroom.

I am dancing for sure!

Yep, I recall the weight of the Marquam Hill. The Shoppe wasn't bad IIRC. Congrats, both of those are really nice kits. Our UPS guy got a break, my HBS order is backordered,they told me it should ship around the end of the month.

Congratulations! Always a nice thing to come home to isn't it?! I arrived home from work and my Beacon Hill was sitting on the living room floor! I took off the exterior packaging but was too tired to dig into it. So...when i get home this evening i'll pop it open and paw thru all the pieces!!!!!!!!!!!

It's still a wonderful feeling. They are propped up in my workroom so that I can gaze at them while working on my current house, The Whitney. It's so much fun just planning what to do with the newest two.

The Front Opening Shoppe will be a book store as reading is my other great passion (but I don't get to reading as much now that I am building dollhouses), and the MHM will be a painted lady victorian with contempory interior....I think.

I can't wait to see what you do with your 2 new houses! What a Great way to bring a smile to my face than to pull up and see that UPS or USPS or fed ex has left my packages on the porch.

My Son on the other hand just grunts and lug them in the garage LOL

I am dancing for sure!

Woooohooooo!! Two houses is double the fun! Congrats on getting them both today. The MH is a truly magnificent house. My RGT shoppe arrived on Tuesday but so far, I've been really good about not opening it. (I just finished the Coventry so my work table is empty right now and you know any box I open is going to be the next one built and I promised the Glencoft it was next) Have you peeked inside yet? I've never built an RGT so I'm curious about the quality.

Deb

Have you peeked inside yet? I've never built an RGT so I'm curious about the quality.

Deb

Marg has a few, the quality of RGT products is fantastic. If you've never dealt with one you're in for a treat. All precut cabinet grade plywood (some are MDF), and it is precut (does not have to be removed from the sheet). The trim (such as windows) is all solid wood, so are doors, staircases etc. I say go on and open it, you'll be thrilled. You really do glue them together and finish. Never seen one that didn't fit perfectly right out of the box.

Okay, I opened the RGT Shoppe and I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful plywood pieces and the rich smell of wood! The parts are organized and are first rate quality. This will be a heavy shoppe judging from the thick wood sides.

I am not opening up the MHM, I am not opening the MHM.....at least, not today. Oh what the heck.............

I am not opening up the MHM, I am not opening the MHM.....at least, not today. Oh what the heck.............

<giggling> I understand the feeling I can resist everything except temptation. :D So, how is it? Have you started building one of them? Both? Should we send in a St Bernard to rescue you?

Deb

Send in the St. Bernard only if he is well equipped with brandy.

I did open up the MHM, couldn't resist it, and I was truly amazed at the number of sheets of wood, MDF and the instruction booklet....er, make that a book.

I have not started either one yet, although I am itching to do so. No, silly me made an obligation to build a dollhouse for charity and that needs to be done in May. So work before play.