The ultimate dh

ebonylocs

I like the idea of one per person in the house (Are pets included? If so I think I gotta get some pets LOL ) I'd have to have a Beacon Hill bashed with a Willowcrest with a tower some where included in the bash from the Grafield!!

:hippi: That's my dream.

HA! You must live way out in the sticks if you don't have a HOA!

Jeremy, sticks living is just great! Nosy neighbors shouldn't have any say with what I do. I have friends who have a HOA. They live on a lake and were told only one boat in the lake. They have two kayaks, and were storing them under the boat slip so they weren't taking up any more space than just having one boat...well, their HOA had a fit and caused all kinds of trouble for them.

Thank goodness, HOA's are pretty much nonexistent in Lubbock. No one is going to tell me what I can plant, paint, or build on land I paid for-at least not a bunch of meddling busybodies in an HOA. The city zoning commission is something totally different of course!

HOA's are nonexistant in my neck of the woods, too, but our borough council is a pain in the neck sometimes. It's rural and they want to stay rural so redoing or rebuilding your home is full of expensive permits. The town down the road from me has a "club" of "concerned citizens", but it's really a bunch of retired busybody women who ride around on their bikes and bully homeowners they don't like and turn them into town council for supposed infringements on codes like raking your leaves or mowing your grass.

My choice would definitely be the Dura-craft Farmhouse 505. It's my all-time favorite house and nobody is prying that thing from my hands.

Jeremy, sticks living is just great! Nosy neighbors shouldn't have any say with what I do. I have friends who have a HOA. They live on a lake and were told only one boat in the lake. They have two kayaks, and were storing them under the boat slip so they weren't taking up any more space than just having one boat...well, their HOA had a fit and caused all kinds of trouble for them.
Right now we only have the two sea kayaks sitting up on trestles in the front yard, as the two shorter boats are on top of DH's F-250 and the tandem canoe is atop my little PT Cruiser; all 30' of the Little House on the Highway is sitting in the middle of the front yard, plugged into the house via a couple of very long extension cords.

All three sons live in neighborhoods with HOAs; DS#3 joined his HOA; he's the one with bipolar disorder with psychotic features. When he got tired of mowing his yard he planted his yard with staghorn ferns and a flowering vine. When he wants to vent his frustrations and can get his mower to work he cuts his back yard, but eventually I think he's hoping the ferns & vines take hold there, as well. It's really pretty! and the HOA leaves him alone.

I don't know when I will get to start building the house in the pic I posted, but it will have to be built in two sections just to make moving it possible. I can't decide on whether to build it next or the Brooklyn Brownstone first.