The ultimate dh

ebonylocs

I know this question has probably been asked before in the past, but i am fairly new here and i want to hear some new responses as well as the old, as time goes by our opinions change. so here is the question:

if a law was passed in miniature land forbidding the ownership of more than ONE dollhouse per person...meaning those of you with boxes of dh's in your closets, under beds, behind the sofa, in the garage...had to SURRENDER all but ONE, which one would you choose to keep? and if you don't have it yet, which one would you aquire after giving up the others??

Now this would be the ultimate dollhouse...the one of your dreams, the one you will be willing to spend the rest of your life with....

it's a little unfair of me to ask this when i don't have an answer for myself. i would probably have a custom built home..must be lightweight and bashable so that i can always "add" or modify it at any time, must be vicorian with a tower room..very ornate and classy. i'm kind of describing the Beacon Hill. ok that's my answer...the beacon hill. it will hurt so bad to give up my emerson row and willowcrest..sigh :blink:

probably the one my great grandfather made for my grandma when she was a kid. she still has it at her house so if that doesnt count then my rutherford. its my first house i made and also my biggest.

Foxhall Manor with the additions....but as far as confiscating all of my houses from under the bed...closets..couches,etc......you'd have to kill me first...picture Clint Eastwood at his baddest,toughest self,that would be me saying,..."MAKE MY DAY"...lol

I don't think I'd give in that easily! I'd bash everything I own together, so I would be within the law, and still retain ownership of ALL my houses. Where there's a will, there's a way around rules and regulations.

Well, my dream house was always the queen anne. But I opted for a bunch of smaller houses instead of one big one. So, I guess if I was forced, that would be it. But I'd have to have servants quarters and a gardeners house and some other buildings (so they wouldn't count since it's all one setup) :blink:

I'd build my own scratch castle, the kind that surrounds a little village for serfs and servants. (barns stables dining hall for the knights, sleeping quarters for them etc.) It would have rooms and areas running all along it's walls.

Actually I am going to start drawing up plans for that. Sounds like fun. :blink:

if a law was passed in miniature land forbidding the ownership of more than ONE dollhouse per person...meaning those of you with boxes of dh's in your closets, under beds, behind the sofa, in the garage...had to SURRENDER all but ONE, which one would you choose to keep?
I'd move to someplace that doesn't have such a silly law (what idiot would even think of passing such a dumb law?). I already know I will one day have to decide on ONE to keep, but I'm gonna fight it every step of the way.

Since I've given away or donated every one I've made thus far, and have plans for donation on at least the next 8 that I'm building, this is an easy one. The only one I wouldn't give away if I took possession of it would be the San Fransiscan. It's the only one I'm longing for that I haven't had a chance to build.

I'd have a hard time choosing between my Willowcrest and my Beaumont. I couldn't very well bash them together...the styles are so completely different. I guess I'd have to give one to my sister and "visit" it often.

Well, I'd be packing and moving away for sure! But then, I won't live in any neighborhood that has covenants like that!!

But if I DID have to choose, it would have to be my Brimble. I am really in love with that little house, and couldn't bear to part with it.

OK, one could only own one house per person? Well then, I would keep the Chantilly as mine, hubby would get to keep the Aster as that was his choice for the Santa's cottage, then I think Dad would be easily persuaded to take in the Adams and my best friend would get the Storybook as her life is a success story, worthy a book, to be sure, I think I would have to give Her Highness aka Gloucester a hiding place as I would be heartbroken to leave her anywhere, she is to precious as she was such a surprise gift, and the LE Arthur would have to keep her company LOL

Sheesh, come to think of it I think I would start my own resistance group to rescue all mini-houses and give them a safe hide out :wave::hippi:

Hugs

Definitely my Queen Anne, though I'd find somewhere to hide the Darlington once I get it.

:hippi:

Tiffanie, have you seen the Darlington in person yet? A mini shop here has one on display (along with the Dunwoody and the Main Street Shoppes). The exterior is finished just like the one on the website. It does make a very nice hotel and is quality built. The overall footprint is not too big but it is high. Hope you get one soon.

Valerie

Hey Valerie

No, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it up close and personal. I'm very impressed with the one on the site though, so I can only imagine how good it looks in person. I'm determined to get one. I let hubby know I wanted it just to feel him out. He told me if I came up with half of it, he'd meet me with the other half. Now I just have to discipline myself to save... :hippi:

OK, one could only own one house per person? Well then, I would keep the Chantilly as mine, hubby would get to keep the Aster as that was his choice for the Santa's cottage, then I think Dad would be easily persuaded to take in the Adams and my best friend would get the Storybook as her life is a success story, worthy a book, to be sure, I think I would have to give Her Highness aka Gloucester a hiding place as I would be heartbroken to leave her anywhere, she is to precious as she was such a surprise gift, and the LE Arthur would have to keep her company LOL

Sheesh, come to think of it I think I would start my own resistance group to rescue all mini-houses and give them a safe hide out :wave::hippi:

Hugs

We will start our own ungrounded rail road!!

I'd move to someplace that doesn't have such a silly law (what idiot would even think of passing such a dumb law?). I already know I will one day have to decide on ONE to keep, but I'm gonna fight it every step of the way.

Read your HOA rules. I'm sure its in there somewhere.

I would probably build one, sell it and build another, but if I had only one chance, it would be this:

post-587-1237588882_thumb.jpg