Villa Madeleine

Jo Med

I wasn't too sure about posting pictures of my first doll house on here because this site is full of really talented, imaginative people and my first doll house is a play house for my darling grandaughter Madeleine and therefore its very basic. Maddie is now 2 and a half and this was intended to be her christmas present for 2008. So it's a wooden baby play house that she can play with to her heart's content. I enjoyed doing it so much that I am now building a Garfield for myself (and hopefully for Maddie when she's older)

The really sad thing is that Maddie never got to see Villa Madeleine, my son and her Mum split up just before Christmas and her Mum and family are refusing to let any of us see Maddie now. My son is going through the correct legal channels to get access to Maddie, but it takes time. I live in hope that it won't be too long before we can see her again.

Anyway I thought I would share Villa Madeleine so I have created an album. I hope you like it.

Jo

That is just wonderful. You did a beautiful job on it and I know she will love it. I hope you get to see her soon. I understand how you feel. since my son left for Iraq, we haven't seen his two children. Wife is threatening to leave him if he doesn't get out of the AF, so no telling if we will be able to see them on a regular basis any time soon. Praying that things go well, and you all can work out some arrangement for you and your son to see her regularly!

Great news - my son's ex partner, Jenni has agreed that he can see Maddie tomorrow.

The downside for me is that she refuses to let any of our family see her as Maddie gets upset when she has to leave us and go home and Jenni always hated that. I suspect she blames me for their break-up as girlfriends and wives often do with mothers-in-law. The sad thing is that I actually thought she was good for my son.

Still its a huge step forward - assisted by a family mediator and I have great hopes that it won't be too long before we actually get to see her again.

Smiles as big as the sun in our home today.

Jo :giggle: B) :groan:

At least you can get the house to her. When DS#1 & his wife #1 split, it was long, drawn-out & ugly and after she learned she couldn't get any more money from us "for the granddaughter" (to take him back to court for MORE money) we never saw the granddaughter again; she goes to University in the city S of us (Tallahassee) and she never calls or emails (I've succeeded in calling her once, but nothing came of it).

Perhaps your son can take Maddie her house and that may calm her mum down enough to let y'all visit.

Yes you may be right. We are just keeping a low profile and hoping that she calms down over time and sees that we aren't any kind of threat. Or alternatively she may find she needs a baby sitter - and who better than Grandma?

Smile

Jo

Maddie will just love this sweet house - and Grandma, who made it for her! Hang tight, Jo. I can imagine how it feels - we couldn't see my nephews for several years. They were 3 years, and 1 year old - and then the next time we saw them, they were 10 and 8 years old! I'm so glad that your son will be able to see her. I will keep fingers crossed for you, and hope for a happy ending soon. :lol: