favorite house

nuttiwebgal

ok all you multi house builders....what has been your all time favorite house to build?

I think everyone knows mine was the Willowcrest with the Glencroft in close 2nd.

post-9-1142778811_thumb.jpg post-9-1142778867_thumb.jpg

I was just curious...oh and my least favorite house that I have built was the Newberg I did for my sister and neice. I like how it turned out but oh my I used plenty of Holly's magic words while doing it!

nutti :angry:

Iam currently still building the Lily. BUT the 2 houses that I have screaming at me to start are the Emeron Row and the Manchester.So far my favorite house is the Manchester. I really like your Glencroft Nuttil I would love to see pictures of the inside of that house.

I do believe there is photo of the Glencroft inside in the blogs.

although it was furnished it has loaned some its things to other houses and I have never put the finishing touches on it...like curtains and rugs and the little things that make a house a home.

I am using all the Americana things I have recieved over the last few years to decorate the inside.

nutti :angry:

post-9-1142780562_thumb.jpg

I was wrong so here it was!

A favorite house. Hmmm. I think so far my favorite is the Glencroft, although if this Coventry Cottage turns out as hoped it'll be a very close second. There are so many I want to build, too.

My favorite so far has been the Haunted House with the Coventry I am working on running a close second. My least favorite and the one I said many blue words at so far has been the McKinnely. I do believe darrell has different opinons then me so will ask him to post on this thread later today.

Melissa

Arthur Arthur Arthur!

It goes together instantly, has good head space for decorating the upstairs, and is very flexible in what exterior treatments it can take. And since nothing much juts out, it's easy to do whatever to it.

I probably shouldn't even be responding to this since the question was what is the favorite that you have built so far. So far I've completely finished just one house, my Santa House, but it's not my favorite.. my favorite thus far is my Lafeyette not because it's a superior or because I particularly love the style more than others, but because it's my house of firsts. My first kit, my first bashes (3 on this house just so far, chimney, fireplace and staircase), my first paperclay, my first lights.. it's my experimenting house and I've still got lots more to do before it's done.. But the house that really cries out to me and that I want very badly (more than any other kit) is the Harrison.. it really fires my imagination - as is with no real bashing I can SO picture it as an old english pub and inn. But I bet it would take a whole lot of bottles to get the bar stocked adequately :angry:

-David

Well, i haven't actually COMPLETED enough houses yet to compare, so i'll say that my favorite house to build in the future :angry: will be the Foxhall, that's because of the quality of it's material and neat design. I'll have to say for my greenleaf stuff, i think the Glencroft will be my favorite because i am in love with its look and that fireplace in the frontroom! ;)

Well, let's see .... built a lot of them ....

My favorite house that "we" (as in Jimmy and I) built was the Van Buren, and it's gazebo.

post-6-1142817738_thumb.jpg

And, although I greatly enjoyed building Anna's Emerson Row,

post-6-1142817756_thumb.jpg

it's not my favorite that "I" built. Nope. I'm in love with the little Madison, although I've had to ban myself from it ...

post-6-1142817772_thumb.jpg

And, like Nutti, my least favorite house that I built was the Newburg. It's a beauty when it's done, but it's not a fun build. Actually, when Nutti got that one and emailed me about it, I told Jimmy that she was building it and he said "don't do that", LOL!

post-6-1142817918_thumb.jpg

I had to think that one over for a little while. My favorite house......finished product as well as building process....is my Pierce. I loved every second of building it and had post-partum depression when it was finished. :angry: It's the one I sit and look at and play with the most.

I think I'm going to love the samurai summer house (coventry cottage) just as much......both building it and the finished house.....but in a different way. It's a tremendous creative outlet and that gives me a special bond with it.

Deb

While it is my first I have to say the Garf is a lot of fun, it may take a few years to complete, but it's a blast. Next step, to round off the stairway cutouts with the mini router.

DANG! What a difficult question.

My favorite house to build? Hard to say. I have had a love/hate relationship with each of them in one way or another. It's not the building of them that I enjoy so much as it is the "learning" of new ways to do things as I see a new possibilty with each building.

I got quite good at figuring out different ways to do things. Usually by running into something I did NOT like about how things were going together. Or NOT going together. So for me it then becomes a problem in search of a solution thing. And THAT is the thing I enjoy.

I can honestly say there is not a single building I did not try at least one thing new on. It may have been using sandpaper for rood shingles or siding strips for flooring, but we've always found a new way to do SOMETHING. Something to make it unique and different. Turning the haunted house into a bayou shack was fun. IN the McKinley I learned I had to be a bit more flexible in wiring. AND added lights INSIDE the oven and in a range hood over the stove using GoW bulbs. We also learned how to be more creative in a smaller space. The Beacon Hill was my first and it's still one of my favorties too because of that. But it has NEVER been completely finished so we still go back and tinker with it now and then.

I got upset with the travel trailer and while I have a solution for the next one I build the first one is still sitting unfinished in the corner. I like the lighthouse because it's "masculine". And the church gives me the opportunity to display our home brewed casket, AND mel's stitched wall hanging, AND I learned to make the beams for the ceiling and how to hang lighting from them effectively, we added a rope pull to ring the bell from below that actually works as well as total planned to be built from scratch pews, altar, pulpits, and designing a porch to match the building and its angles. This is still in progress.

The quarter inch houses helped me figure out how to use paper for siding, and add window displays or rooms in a smaller scale. We've learned to make ink jet printies to use for stained windows, and use a scanner and graphics program to reduce almost anything to a miniature scale.

I still have yet to make my working 1/12 th scale TV set or a working ceiling fan that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

So there is my NON-ANSWER answer. I have no favorite build. My favorite thing of all is to meet the challenge of finding a lower cost creative way of doing something and having it LOOK lifelike. Mel has listened to a few of my ideas and suggestion but she's not letting me touch the Coventry. And I must say it's looking good. smiles. But my retail experience from work helped her know HOW to build a better and more realistic "garment rack". GRIN! So I'm gonna take any credit I can. :D

Darrell

My very favorite is the Country Victorian. Mine is the older kit so it does not have any mdf in it. I love that it is front opening and I was able to get the shell so I could add the windows and doors that I wanted without the extra cost. ( Can't do that now)

The Tiffany ( Elf Bakery) is the only one that has thrown a fit so it is sitting and waiting for the time being. When it is donewith it's fit I will finish decorating it.