My first houses and my first gallery album

Sherry

I finally took the time to start an album and post some pictures. Victoria's Farmhouse progress is photos of the house I got for my birthday. About a month after I got it, we bought our RL dream house and I had to stop work. It was about 6 weeks before I finally got back to it. Progress has been sporadic, between holidays, houseguests, and work (ugh). But I'd love to show you what I've done and see if you have any suggestions!

'My other projects' has a photo of the dollhouse kit that DH bought, saying he was going to make it. I found it in the garage 6 months later and built it for the grand daughter-by the time I was finished, I was hooked. After that, I made the produce stand from scratch-I drew the plans, DH cut the pieces out, and I did the rest. It's my first try with most types of mini-making! Flowers, fimo, you name it-this is where I learned what NOT to do! But the grandkids love it, so I haven't thrown it away-yet!

It looks as though I will have to put my house away for awhile. The school where my son taught got into financial trouble and laid off about 1/4 of their teachers, including him...midyear is not the time to look for teaching jobs, either. So after Christmas, they will be moving in with us, unless a miracle happens in the next week. I'm sure he'll find another job, but they can't afford to stay where they are.

He has two children, 1 and 4-so I can't leave things out, and they will use my craft room for their bedroom. I'm going to try and keep the supplies under my bed to work on minis...and I thank God we have room for them...but I'm gonna hate putting up my dollhouse!

Isn't that the truth! We are going to put it in a corner of our bedroom, and all the pieces in a storage box under the bed. I was sure trying to get all the trim and stuff on before we had to stop. But at the same time, I didn't want to get in a hurry and mess things up.

Oh well....I will enjoy being around all my babies, even if I do have to put everything in the house up!

• 2 weeks later...

This is me doing a happy dance! I finally got all the trim on the gables and corners of my house! I know that's not a big deal for most of you, but learning to cut all the different angles, all the painting and sanding and measuring and redoing because I measured wrong the first time is the toughest thing I've done so far. I'll bet I've cut up a mile of stripwood! And now I can move on to the fun stuff-wallpapers, floors, ceilings, etc, etc-and put off the porch railing and trim until the very end!!! :(

Glad you are able to have your kids but understand the twinge of sadness at having to give up the craft room. Hopefully you can still get to work on mini things even in just "mini" amounts (pun intended...lol)

As for the pumpkins that was the first thing that caught my eye as I thought they had a lot of character and looked so real!!!! Then I read you wanted to redo them??? Like it was said before you need a shot of confidence gurl...they are GREAT!!!!! If you are going to redo them...toss those MY way...I'll display them and proudly.

Keep up the good work and remember it is a hobby as well as a craft which means fun and enjoyment.

Thanks so much! I am having a ball today. We did Christmas with all the kids already, going to see the inlaws in a bit. But right now I am celebrating having the trim on the house done by making bath scales and perfume bottles-some of the many things on my todo list. I hope you all are having a wonderful day as well!

Oh my gosh! I just looked at your gallery and the Wainscotting in the room in the farmhouse is such an awesome idea! It really adds a lot. And I agree with the other posters, your pumpkins are great! Best wishes to you and your family. That's going to be a challenge but a blessing.

Just looked at your pictures, and it looks great!

I have a Vic's Farmhouse kit that I haven't started yet. I was actually planning to paint it the exact same color of yellow you did yours! Its a perfect farmhouse color, isn't it?