It always starts out so innocently

Deb

So there I was, just cruising down the street with my dear husband, coming back from the caridiologist with no where in particular to go and all the time in the world to get there. I saw a Hobby Lobby and suggested we stop and just look around.

<Stop that snickering! I hear you!>

I said I just wanted to pick up some basswood to restock and maybe cruise thru the mini aisle to see what they might have. I figured I'd pick up one or two little things.

<hands on hips> Okay, quit with the laughing already!

I got the basswood I needed and picked up an EZ Cutter as long as I was there. Then I casually strolled to the mini aisle and picked up a few little items in the misc. stuff. Got quite a few little pieces for the wizards house. That was nice. Got to the furniture section and got that new empire couch and chair set for $15. That was cool.

Now at this point, I'm still doing well........just a few little things and one set of furniture. And that cute cherry wood secretary that I just couldn't resist. Then I got to the Homeworks section. <scuffing toe in the dirt> I cleaned them out of the door and window upgrades. I'm sure I'll find a use for them somewhere. :D

After that, I swore I wasn't even going to look at the house kits. <Would you please stop rolling around on the floor laughing at me like that? You're going to get cat hair all over your clothes.>

I looked. I couldn't help it. There were only a couple of boxes left anyway and neither of them were houses I was that interested in. (No Queen Anne's) Then I heard a soft little whimper. Such a sad, sad sound. I moved a victorian cottage and there behind it was a Lafayette. It was lonely. It was afraid that someone would take it home who wouldn't love it. It was scared and lost. It was also marked down to $16.

I adopted it. It's back in the studio talking to the other houses still in boxes. They're making friends and I think I heard something about a welcome party tomorrow after I go to work. I'm glad it's happy now.

Deb

ROFLMAOGCHOMC!!! (getting cat hair on my clothes)

I only have 1 dollhouse. I think I am infected. You all are contagious. Is there an anti-venom?

I was in AC Moore and there was a store model dh on the floor. I dont know what it was but do you know I went up to the saleswoman and asked her if they were getting rid of it? I was calculating if I could get into the car and then she said no, they were just dusting.

I think I am infected. You all are contagious. Is there an anti-venom?

I hope not! I started out with only going to help DH build a "scratch-built house for DGD, then a San Francican kit called to me from the bottom of a stack of sporting goods at a Sam's Club. Six months after I completed it and it had gone off with DS#1 & DGD HBS was doing a clearance on the Cambridge and I put on my best pair of sweet puppy eyes and asked DH if I might get one for my Christmas/ birthday/ Mother's Day gift, and the dear man took the hint SO well.

Things went along quietly and then our supervisor volunteered our school health staff to help her spearhead the health dept's participation in the National Foundation's March of Dimes and asked me to "build a small dollhouse for a Silent Auction fundraiser". That was the first unfurnished dollhouse I ever built (and so far the only completely unfurnished one, too).

At the moment I have the Cambridge & Glencroft downstairs and a repaired Grand Ballroom bashed into an atrium waiting for me to repair the occupants after their ruinous attack by a ferocious black kitten, a mostly-built Storybook Cottoage that followed us home from an Avon Park thrift shop and the barely-begun McKinley waiting for DH to follow through on his promise to help wire it for lights, all on the punee in the guest/ computer room.

This is to free up the workroom where I'm building the Coventry Cottage. Did I have ANY idea what I was in for? No. So do I feel any obligation to warn innocent newbies who fall prey to the ravages of mini addiction? Here, let me help you trim that piece...

LOL. I wish there a store near me!! I guess it is a good thing though. Dh has started timing me when I go to Joann's now. :D If I want to wander I have to go by myself ( well with the kids of course).

Congratulations on the new house! :lol:

Hi Deb,

I totally empathize. That's the reason I bought my Sweetheart. Let's face it a quaint little house with window boxes and hearts all over the shutters isn't exactly my style, but it looked so sad sitting on the thrift shop floor and the inscription on the bottom was just a heart breaker - built by a set of grandparents for their granddaughters - well that just wouldn't do to end up a sweet little dollhouses life as a discard so here it sits, renovations already begun it has a long way to go before it's finished. Nope if that Lafeyette looked lonely then it needed to go home with you :D - so has it told you what it wants to be yet??

Sounds like you got some terriffic buys!

-David

LOL....you are sooo funny! The thing is...i hear you! We think alike :D:D

My newest acquistisions for today....

1) Cantebury house

2) Primrose cottage

I want more. The Arthur for one.....they are just sooo adorable and need a home. A loving home. I have a home and a loving home. Ask my cats :lol: The more, the merrier!

Too funny Deb! :D

I certainly hope you're going to lock up the Green Apple Pucker! Don't want those houses to fall off the bench and hurt themselves!! :lol:

So there I was, just cruising down the street with my dear husband, coming back from the caridiologist with no where in particular to go and all the time in the world to get there. I saw a Hobby Lobby and suggested we stop and just look around.

And why were you at the cardiologist--tried to slip that right on by us didn't you. Well, we curious (nicer word than nosy) caring friends are concerned Is any thing wrong with you or your DH?

<Stop that snickering! I hear you!> That's exactly what I was doing and thinking hope she took lots of cash or the good credit card LOL

I said I just wanted to pick up some basswood to restock and maybe cruise thru the mini aisle to see what they might have. I figured I'd pick up one or two little things.

<hands on hips> Okay, quit with the laughing already! Already roflmao

I got the basswood I needed and picked up an EZ Cutter as long as I was there. Then I casually strolled to the mini aisle and picked up a few little items in the misc. stuff. Got quite a few little pieces for the wizards house. That was nice. Got to the furniture section and got that new empire couch and chair set for $15. That was cool.

Now at this point, I'm still doing well........just a few little things and one set of furniture. And that cute cherry wood secretary that I just couldn't resist. Then I got to the Homeworks section. <scuffing toe in the dirt> I cleaned them out of the door and window upgrades. I'm sure I'll find a use for them somewhere. :D

After that, I swore I wasn't even going to look at the house kits. <Would you please stop rolling around on the floor laughing at me like that? You're going to get cat hair all over your clothes.>

In my case it's dog hair, but my side is splitting.

I looked. I couldn't help it. There were only a couple of boxes left anyway and neither of them were houses I was that interested in. (No Queen Anne's) Then I heard a soft little whimper. Such a sad, sad sound. I moved a victorian cottage and there behind it was a Lafayette. It was lonely. It was afraid that someone would take it home who wouldn't love it. It was scared and lost. It was also marked down to $16.

And I just bet that whimper was say Deb, Deb oh Deb look here look here now!

I adopted it. It's back in the studio talking to the other houses still in boxes. They're making friends and I think I heard something about a welcome party tomorrow after I go to work. I'm glad it's happy now.

Oh now to set priorities LOL

Peggi

Deb

Deb, that was one of the funniest posts I have ever read. :lol: Have you ever thought about writing kids stories?? You'd be wonderful at it. Of course everything that you wrote is the truth. Poor lonely houses and furniture kits always whisper to us. :D They know that we'll love them and take them home. That's how I ended up with 12 "House of Miniatures" furniture kits. I was wandering thru my favorite antique store, looking for dollhouse dolls and I heard a tiny something. I spotted a small boxed kit for a bed. As I moved the large ceramic pitcher that the box was behind, I got a surprise. There were 11 brother and sister boxes to go with the first. Tables, chairs, dressers and much more. I gathered them all up to take home with me. How could I resist.........they were priced at a $1.00 each. :D

lyn

I think I am infected. You all are contagious. Is there an anti-venom?

You're hanging out with one of the largest groups of mini enablers in the cyber world and you ask that question? Do you think we'd tell you if there was one? <cackle>

Psssssstttt. <whispering> Hey Heidi. C'mere. Word on the street is that there's a big sale on Lafayettes on ebay. Tracy has the info on it here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=1748

Oooh. Look. There's an Alexandria on that seller's shop too. <innocent fluttering of eyelashes>

So do I feel any obligation to warn innocent newbies who fall prey to the ravages of mini addiction? Here, let me help you trim that piece..

You're a wicked woman Holly. I really admire that quality too. :D

Too funny Deb! :D

I certainly hope you're going to lock up the Green Apple Pucker! Don't want those houses to fall off the bench and hurt themselves!! :lol:

Teresa dearest, you know I'd *never* lock up the Pucker. I just left the boxes on the floor so they can't get tipsy and fall down. :) I'm not sure what kind of party they had in there today, but there was sawdust everywhere. If I get a bill from the lumberyard for a delivery of nuts and bolts, I'm gonna have to ground those houses. <stern look>

And why were you at the cardiologist--tried to slip that right on by us didn't you]

Bruce had a echocardiogram done yesterday (I think that's what they call it. It's an ultrasound of his heart). It's just a three month follow up after his heart attack. The great news is that they called with the results today and said that everything was looking just great, the stent is working correctly, and there doesn't appear to be any serious damage. <popping corks on champagne> Wooohoooo!!

As I moved the large ceramic pitcher that the box was behind, I got a surprise. There were 11 brother and sister boxes to go with the first. Tables, chairs, dressers and much more. I gathered them all up to take home with me. How could I resist.........they were priced at a $1.00 each. :p

<jaw dropping> Holy cow!! You found a treasure trove for sure! Lucky, lucky you!!!

Deb

Deb you are bad!!! Bad Bad Bad!

I saw that Alexandria. I am ignoring you.

<checking out ebay again>

I have A.D.D type personality. If I buy another house, I will never finish this house. I want to finish this one.

Back at AC Moore again (they are going to know my name soon). Those display houses were for sale!

They had a HUGE one (dont know name) and they wanted $300 for it.

And a smaller one that looked like it hit the floor.. they want $100 for it. I laughed in managers face. $100 for a house that looks like it went thru san fran. earthquake, tsunami, and katrina all at once!

LOL....you are sooo funny! The thing is...i hear you! We think alike :( ;)

My newest acquistisions for today....

1) Cantebury house

2) Primrose cottage

I want more. The Arthur for one.....they are just sooo adorable and need a home. A loving home. I have a home and a loving home. Ask my cats :) The more, the merrier!

Hey Doogster! Pretty soon you're gonna be in the same predicament that Jimmy is in--can't get around the house for tripping over dollhouses, LOL!