I caved and bought.....

Kalani

the magnolia on Overstock for $69.99....and free shipping. I was looking on "Minis on the Edge"'s blog and I figured that looks like such a fun build. I also think it looks like a good candidate for not being overwhelmed.

I already know what I'd like it to be....a little Victorian cottage in the country.....

Now I'm trying to figure out....how can I do siding cheaply but have it still look good? I also know I'd like to electrify it. 

Kathy, it's probably the most elegant of all the GL/CC houses I've built so far, SO easy and looks SO good! You can see how it goes together un-bashed & undecorated in my section of the Team Magnolia blog, and then my "dresssing Maggie" album shows how I decorated & bashed it and the things I made for it (basically, everything that's in it). I had some 1/8" stripwood I cut into lengths the height of the first floor and glued on the exterior walls at 1" intervals to simulate the board&batten siding of our Florida "Cracker" houses, with a shell & cement coquina tabby foundation and shingled second floor. If you want traditional horizontal siding I still don't think there's better deal or more in scale than the Greenleaf siding strips offered in the site's store.

Or instead of siding you could stucco it using one of the techniques discussed here on the forum. You could also do it in stone using pieces of egg cartons. If you do a search here you can read up on several inexpensive ways to decorate the outside (and the inside) of you house.

You are going to have a ball building it.

Nope...not my day....Fedex is just completely full of dimwits. Looks like I'll have to give the losers directions on Tuesday since they will probably never get back to me. (I am thinking of boycotting FedEx and every company that uses them)

• 2 weeks later...