pics of dormer windows

Anya

Here are some pics of my dormer window interiors covered with velvet paper.

Sorry if the photos aren't too great.

I have put pics of some of the rooms I am working on under my 'beacon hill with extension' gallery.

I have created a new album too with furniture I have either made or distressed if you'd like to take a look.

post-227-1141040561_thumb.jpg

post-227-1141040633_thumb.jpg

Sunnyray, thanks for posting pictures. I had the hardest time figuring out how to trim my bay windows in the Lily. For future projects this gives me an alternative.

Peggi

I forgot to say it looks good.

Yes she is very cute and very annoying today. :)

As for the modern elements. I wanted to try something different.

I studied interior design for 2 years and started building models in 1/50 scale. so I thought I'd put my ideas to the test on 1/2. Greenleaf dolls houses are absolutely gorgeous, you can do so much with them. I think they should make more designs, or upgrade the dolls houses they have to MDF kits to make them easier to put together.

My wall was badly warped when I took it out of the box.

I've always wanted to study architecture or interior design. Maybe I should give it a try one day! :) But for the moment I have to concentrate on the world of architecture in 1:12. :p One can definitely see that you are professional interior designer! You know what colors to choose and also how to make the best out of smaller rooms, etc.

I also love the design of the Greenleaf dollhouses. "Old" houses have such a lot more charm than new ones! That's why I decided not to study architecture cause there are too less people asking for Victorian houses and design where I live... :lol:

Ohhh, and your baby-girl, she's too cute!!! :D

I've  always wanted to study architecture or interior design. Maybe I should give it a try one day!  :) But for the moment I have to concentrate on the world of architecture in 1:12.  :p One can definitely see that you are professional interior designer! You know what colors to choose and also how to make the best out of smaller rooms, etc.

I also love the design of the Greenleaf dollhouses. "Old" houses have such a lot more charm than new ones! That's why I decided not to study architecture cause there are too less people asking for Victorian houses and design where I live...  :lol:

Ohhh, and your baby-girl, she's too cute!!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should study interior design. I think you'd love it.

I did, but I'd rather design dolls houses. Much more fun and it's a lovely hobby.

If you ever want any help in designing your rooms I'd be glad to help, I know a few tricks.

American victorian houses are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life.

English ones are so drab in comparison. I wish I lived in a house like the Beacon hill. Sometimes I find myself staring at it for ages and fiddling with all the furniture. I think my husband thinks I've lost the plot. Especially since I have done us all 1/12 scale replica dolls to live inside it hehehe.

When my husband annoys me I tell him that I'll kick his replica out of the Beacon hill and he can go and sleep in the 1/12 shed.

Glad you like it.

I do think the baby's room is a tad bit on the crammed side though.  :)

Wonder what I could do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any-which-way I move the furniture in my BH baby's room, it gets kind of tight. If you come up with a solution, let me know. A crib/cradle pretty well fills the room. That's why I use the deep windows to store toys and teddies. I also wrap the baby's room around and put a chair or set of drawers by the stair railing. Oh yeah, and I put the change table in the bathroom.

Susanne

You should study interior design. I think you'd love it.
I'm sure I would love it! Architecture and interior design are my life! I love to draw plans for my family and friends and to decorate my house with all kind of stuff.

You definitely have to tell me some tricks!!! I just hope my Orchid will arrive soon!!! :D

American victorian houses are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life.
- Same here!!!! The are real dream houses! I would love to live in an old Victorian house too. We only have a few here in Austria... and I definitely don't have enough money to buy me one of these masterpieces of architecture. :lol:

I also spent a lot of time just staring at my "dollhouse".

I think my husband thinks I've lost the plot.
I don't have a husband yet but I'm sure he would feel the same about me! :)

When my husband annoys me I tell him that I'll kick his replica out of the Beacon hill and he can go and sleep in the 1/12 shed.

Haha!!! That's too funny! :p I'm sure your threat scares him a lot!

Any-which-way I move the furniture in my BH baby's room, it gets kind of tight.  If you come up with a solution, let me know.  A crib/cradle pretty well fills the room.  That's why I use the deep windows to store toys and teddies.  I also wrap the baby's room around and put a chair or set of drawers by the stair railing.  Oh yeah, and I put the change table in the bathroom.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love your room. I didn't have interior dormer window frames with my Beacon hill. You know the frames that you sandwhich together? I notied that you have those. Not fair :)

I was thinking of making shelves to go in baby's room to put things on. I bought a cot with drawers built in from the dolls house emporium. I could never get a set of drawers and a wardrobe in there, so it does save on space.

BTW, where did you get the carousel from? It's lovely.

I'm sure I would love it! Architecture and interior design are my life! I love to draw plans for my family and friends and to decorate my house with all kind of stuff.

You definitely have to tell me some tricks!!! I just hope my Orchid will arrive soon!!!  :lol:

- Same here!!!! The are real dream houses! I would love to live in an old  Victorian house too. We only have a few here in Austria... and I definitely don't have enough money to buy me one of these masterpieces of architecture. :)

I also spent a lot of time just staring at my "dollhouse".

I don't have a husband yet but I'm sure he would feel the same about me!  :p

Haha!!! That's too funny!  :D I'm sure your threat scares him a lot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehehe aren't we an odd bunch? But you know what they say about the odd ones. They are usually very talented too. Or is it just me that thinks that. :)

On most days you can find me staring at my Beacon hill wishing I could somehow miniaturise myself. I get called 'sad' on occasion or 'not normal' but hey, there's nothing strange about wanting to live in a dolls house. I mean come on, do real houses look as good? Not unless you're a millionare and even then you could never move real furntiure about as easily, or change the residents without them complaining

If you do get a husband make sure he's rich and blind. Then you can have more dolls houses and he will never get sick of the sight of them. :lol:

P.S. Here's one trick. If you want to make your houses look more realistic on photos. Make sure that the front of the house is facing a window so the natural daylight can enter the dolls house windows and take the photos of the rooms close up. And a good camara helps.

Yes, for sure .... the odd ones are always very talented!!! We both are the best exemple, aren't we?! :)

If you do get a husband make sure he's rich and blind. Then you can have more dolls houses and he will never get sick of the sight of them.

You are so right! Where is my good-looking blind millionaire??? :lol:

Thanks for your first trick! I will try it next time, I hope my camera is good enough... :p

Do you have pictures of your family's miniature look-alikes? Would love to see them... I'm always very nosy, sorry! :D To be honest the mother doll I chose for my dollhouse had to look a bit like me too. Or at least she had to have the same eye and hair color. Glad to know I'm not the only one who dreams to live in a 1:12 world!!! :lol:

And if you find out how to miniaturise people - please, let me know!!! :)

Do you have pictures of your family's miniature look-alikes? Would love to see them... I'm always very nosy, sorry! :p To be honest the mother doll I chose for my dollhouse had to look a bit like me too. Or at least she had to have the same eye and hair color. Glad to know I'm not the only one who dreams to live in a 1:12 world!!! :D

And if you find out how to miniaturise people - please, let me know!!! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I like most about my mini world is that I could choose the perfect man for my "mini-me" and the best thing ever - he can't talk back! hehe

Can't wait to see pics of your mini family! :lol: Will you make a Sphynx Cat for your dollhouse too?!! :lol:

Let me know if you find out how to miniaturise people too.
I'm still working on this special technique to shrink people... The machine works a bit like the one in the movie," Honey, I Shrunk The Kids"... It's a top secret project!!! So.... Mum's the word! :p

Oh one other thing. Are you Austrian or do you just live in Austria? Your English is really good.

Thank you so much for your compliment!!! :D:D I'm Austrian, my native language is German. This forum is a nice way to practise my school English! :) (I fear I should join a French dollhouse forum too - otherwise I will forget everything... :D ) I just hope you all can understand what I'm writing :) and please, forgive me my many mistakes! B)

Anne I wish I could miniaturise my husband sometimes. That'd keep him quiet for a bit. :blink:

I think I will make a sphynx cat for my house. Right now I am saving to buy a real one. They are not cheap but I think it would make a lovely pet for my daughter whe she is older.

There must be very good schools in Austria if you were taught English in school to that standard.

Unfortunately here in England, the education is very poor. Believe it or not, many English people cannot read, write or understand proper English terms. You have to pay alot of money to go to a decent school here. The average mainstream school has an English standard of D (A* being the highest) the school reports for this country are awful I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

I'm Austrian, my native language is German. This forum is a nice way to practise my school English!  :D (I fear I should join a French dollhouse forum too - otherwise I will forget everything...  :blink: ) I just hope you all can understand what I'm writing :rolleyes: and please, forgive me my many mistakes!  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anne, Your English is great! My step mother in law is German and her English is ok but alot of times she will start in English then end up finishing in German so I have learned a little bit of German but not alot.

Thank you all for your compliments! :D

I think my school was ok but definitely not one of the bests in Austria, I didn't go to a private school. But my English teacher was er very strict and demanding person. :rolleyes: What I like about Austria is that most schools are open to everyone, poor and rich, and that good education isn't a question of money here.

I read in the other thread that you are planning to buy a Shynx Cat! Personally I think they look a bit scary :blink: - but at the same time very special and cute! For sure they are very expensive but for allergy sufferers they are just perfect.

Lyn, if you want to practise your German - just let me know!!! B)

I would love to live in an old Victorian house too. We only have a few here in Austria... and I definitely don't have enough money to buy me one of these masterpieces of architecture. 
I find that so funny because I am surrounded by Victorian houses here in New Jersey, USA and I hated them for the longest time! They are finally starting to grow on me. They are too fussy for my taste, and often very dark and oppressive inside, particularly the historic ones you can tour. There are many different periods within Victorian, and the kind I like best is the latest period, which I think is called "Painted Lady". We are near Cape May, NJ, which is a Victorian resort town and many of the houses there are painted ladies, which are very bright and airy. I really don't care for the Carpenter Gothic style.

If you ever want any help in designing your rooms I'd be glad to help, I know a few tricks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am the WORST interior designer in the world. If you or Anne have any suggestions for my houses in the gallery, they would be very welcome!!! That's part of the reason I haven't finished the interiors... I just don't know what to do with them, or how to arrange the furniture.

You are a wonderful interior designer!!! I love the rooms of your colonial house, especially the woodwork! I'm sure you will find a perfect way to furnish them! :blink: