Atlanta Miniature Show (NAME)

KathieB

I so regret it, but at this time it looks like I won't be able to attend. Was informed that my neices have planned a 50th Wedding Anniversary for this date for my oldest sister and her DH. Still haven't found out the time, so may can work around. Gayle, I still plan on making you a name tag and can hopefully get it to Holly on Friday or at least early Sat. morning.

Will try and call the neices this afternoon and find out what time the party will be. It is my understanding that it will be a small party (at the request of my sister) and only family invited, so I would hate to miss this. But if the party will be held after 2, I may still be able to at least appear at the show. From Atlanta, it would take around 2 hours to make it to Warner Robins.

One reason I haven't posted sooner was my sister told me to clear the date, cause her DDs were planning on it, but as of today, I've not heard from either neice for more details.

I had so look forward to meeting each of you and had even convinced my oldest DD to come with us. But this is my oldest sister (by 12 years) and she in lots of ways have always been like a second mom to me. Her DH has always been considered a brother and not a BIL. This sister is also the one that I really look like and not my twin.

Hopefully I can have my cake and eat it too.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havanaholly & DH will be camping at Indian Springs State Park at Flovilla & will be visiting Peggi Friday PM & pick up Gayle's name tag. Last year Peggi's DH drove us & we got there a little before 1000. This year my DH will be driving me and we will do our best to arrive a bit before 1000. I will have on my GL nametag Peggi made me last year.

Y'all look for two people who look sort of like this:

gallery_8_1986_3869.jpg

only without the helmets; DH is bald & my hair hasn't gone gray yet (still waiting, I don't do anything to it).

I'll be wearing my t-shirt, too, if it gets here in time.

Holly, Gayle & her DH, and my sister and I will be having breakfast in the coffee shop/restaurant at the Holiday Inn Saturday morning, meeting at 8:30. If you get there before 10, come join us.

In fact, set your alarm so you can get there earlly enough to join us!

Hope your knee isn't giving you fits. That would be a real bummer.

I have already informed DH of y'all's gracious invitation, and he'll just about walk across coals of fire for another cup of coffee, so we'll try! If they don't give me another brace (or whatever) I wield a mean Ace wrap!

Whoopee, it looks like I will be able to go. The anniversary party doesn't start to 3, so if between now and then I can get our stuff ready for our Alaska trip (leaving the Wed. after the show) DH and I should be able to come and stay till noon or so.

You just don't realize how disappointed and torn I was when I thought I wouldn't be able to go. I even considered letting my sister down (just briefly--but the thought did cross my mind). I'm hoping that between the show and meeting all of you will help me get out of my mini slump that has gone on for too long. Holly is always an inspiration, but between her last visit and this one RL has interferred and this old body has done nothing in months.

I'll be the "fluffy" solid grayed hair lady.

I'll be the "fluffy" solid grayed hair lady.

:yes: I'll be the other "fluffy" lady.

We'll let the host/hostess know we're at the Greenleaf table ... it's great that you can come!

I am planning to be there too. My 12 year old son will probably also be coming. He's the only one in the family who is even a little interested in miniatures. We went to Ron's in Orlando yesterday, and I was so proud, he was naming all the houses on display, and talking to the guy there like he knew what he was talking about! He even mentioned the forum! B)

I hope to see y'all there!

Tracy

DH is now planning on coming in my PT Cruiser and staying in a motel somewhere within shouting distance of Peggi, out of deference to letting my leg improve. I'll be wearing my nametage with the Greenleaf logo & the picture of my Coventry Cottage (and my name), and we'll try to got there early enough for an extra coffee & to meet & greet.

Tracy, that's great!

So ... at breakfast on Saturday (8:30 in the Holiday Inn restaurant) we'll see

Gayle & DH

Holly & DH

Peggi (& DH?)

Tracy & DS

Kathie & sister Helen

Do I have that right?

I'm getting too excited! B)

I hope Peggi & her DH, and we, can get there that early! This is going to be SO much fun!

What's this hope nonsense? Set the alarm, woman. There shouldn't be any traffic issues on an early Saturday morning. ;)

In Atlanta?!? DH & I were SO glad Peggi's professional over-the-road trucker DH was driving us last year!lol We'll get there for coffee, at any rate! DH will wallk through fire & flood for a cup of decent coffee...

Riley will definitely be with me. With luck we can leave between 7:30 and 7:45 and be there in plenty of time to make coffee and breakfast. I'm getting so excited, next week will have lots of things to celebrate, first meeting each of you, then celebrating my Sister's 50th anniversary and then the following Wed. leaving for a week in Anchorage Alaska.

Now if I can just get rid of the hives, that popped up Friday afternoon. Should be all well, went to Dr. had IV and mediciine to control. Don't like itching--a pure torture to endure.

Please do share pics and "notes" afterwards, major envy on your get-togehter as well as show!!! ;)

Have fun, wear comfy shoes and enjoy it all!!!!

HUGS

And bring lots of money!!

I have new batteries for the camera too.

Get a grip, Holly ... wouldn't want one of those twitches to send you off balance! :p

I have a strange feeling about this show. When I went to other shows, I had a mission to find something(s) in particular. This time, I really don't need anything. I'm curious to see what I'll com away with. ;)